a. Under A Blood Red Sky

b. Rattle & Hum DVD

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Live from Boston (Elevation Tour)

e. Go Home

f. Vertigo in Chicago

g. U2 360

h. Live Aid

This one's hard! The one in Under A Blood Red Sky is responsible for getting me into U2, in the first place. It's raw, and has that attitude....it's still the best guitar sounding version. It's gotten a little lighter over the years with a change in the guitar sound. However, the Live from Boston version, with Get Up, Stand Up is also my favorite. It shows how Bono can adlib and display a staple of U2's live elements....snippets. I wish they recorded a version with Rock the Casbah. That also sounded great!

The Rattle & Hum version all the way, with the Go Home version 2nd.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
Next up:

VERTIGO.

a. Vertigo in Chicago

b. Live from Milan

c. U2 360

Hands down the Vertigo in Chicago version. Simply because Bono added the Stories for Boys snippet in there....paying homeage to their 1st album. Now if only they could get The Edge's guitar sound, at the start of the U2 360 version, and add the ending, it would be perfect!

Vertigo version from Chicago.

• Subscriber
Next up:

NEW YEAR'S DAY.

a. Under a Blood Red Sky

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Go Home

e. Vertigo in Chicago

My favorite one is still the Under a Blood Red Sky version. The first time I saw a musician play 2 instruments in the same song live....and it happens to be The Edge. Apart from that, this is one of the songs that needed to take a break, to give others a chance to breathe live (no pun intended).

Zoo TV version is my fav.

• Subscriber
Next up:

ELECTRIC CO.

a. Under a Blood Red Sky (full version)

b. Live from Paris (Joshua Tree Tour)

c. Vertigo in Chicago

I still like the Under a Blood Red Sky version. ...with Send in the Clowns. I actually have a copy of it. Again, Bono doing snippets....and that raw rocking guitar sound of The Edge. Bono up their on top of Red Rocks, in the middle of a storm singing....now that's rock 'n' roll! This was my 2nd favorite song of theirs, when I first started listening to them. The Vertigo in Chicago is not far behind with Bullet with Butterfly Wings snippet. This is one song that they should re-record in the studio!

Under A Blood Red Sky version.

• Subscriber
Next up:

BEAUTIFUL DAY.

a. Live from Boston

b. Go Home

c. Vertigo in Chicago

d. U2360

I'd go for the U2360 version. Not really a fan of this song. If only they did the Celtic intro for the DVD.

Vertigo tour in chicago.

• Subscriber
Let's see....next up:

ELEVATION.

a. Live from Boston

b. Go Home

c. Vertigo in Chicago

d. Live in Milan

e. U2 360

This is a little hard, coz each version has something unique to it. To start off, U2 360 is off, as far as the drums go. The start of the 'Boston' DVD is unique...taken from Bono's view point....and Slane...the crowd! The 'Vertigo in Chicago' caught me off guard with the reinvention and Bono choking...funny and great version. I have to pick the 'Milan' version. There's no better feeling than watching Bono waving his hand, in the air, and the crowd, in the foreground, following along. From the front row to the nose bleed sections, everyone is on the same page as Bono. If there was a documentary on concert crowd etiquette, this would be in the top 5 "do's". He is 'uncool'!.

Live from Milan

• Subscriber

BULLET - RATTLE AND HUM

BAD - RATTLE AND HUM

BEAUTIFUL DAY - SLANE

ELEVATION - SLANE

SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY - RATTLE AND HUM

NEW YEARS DAY - ZOO TV

THE FLY - ZOO TV

ELECTRIC CO. - UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY

Next up:

PRIDE (IN THE NAME OF LOVE).

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Go Home

e. Vertigo in Chicago

f. Live from Paris

My favorite is the Rattle & Hum version. When Bono turns around and the lights (moles) light up the arena. Then when he raises the mic up for everyone to sing. You know that Scott Stapp watched this! Even though it's been played so many times, it would have been fitting for U2 360 DVD, considering that it was a huge crowd.

• Subscriber

Next up:

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Go Home

e. Vertigo in Chicago

f. Live from Paris

My favorite is the Rattle & Hum version. When Bono turns around and the lights (moles) light up the arena. Then when he raises the mic up for everyone to sing. You know that Scott Stapp watched this! Even though it's been played so many times, it would have been fitting for U2 360 DVD, considering that it was a huge crowd.

i like the zootv version, with MLK speech on the screens. its one thing i remember clearly also watching the zooropa tour (my first u2 gig) clearly. seeing MLK bighead on these massive screens, and his voice filling the stadium!

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

bflorendo']Next up:

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Go Home

e. Vertigo in Chicago

f. Live from Paris

i like the zootv version, with MLK speech on the screens. its one thing i remember clearly also watching the zooropa tour (my first u2 gig) clearly. seeing MLK bighead on these massive screens, and his voice filling the stadium!

This version's where Bono shortens it up by going straight to the chorus instead of letting the crowd chant out the "oh ohuh oh, oh ohuh oh" for a little bit longer. I like the MLK thing here, but it would have been great if he let the crowd do their usually thing here, for this song....especially since it's in a stadium.