Listening - share your stories.

voxxiegirl

Grrrrrrrr....I can't stand it when people do not listen!

I booked tickets today for a movie marathon and specifically told my friend which cinema and I got tickets for just the two of us, and now she called me saying she feels bad because she told her friends it was the other cinema and she would get tickets for them...and there are no tickets left. Why did she let me buy the tickets if she told her friends this - or why did she tell her friends this knowing I bought the tickets. I am super confused how this happened - but now I feel bad that she feels bad... I feel like somehow I messed up getting the tickets. And it is very frustrating, as it feels somewhere she wasn't listening to me when I told her which cinema ticket office I was in buying tickets and tickets for the two of us together as it is allocated seating. She also made me feel bad because apparently at the other cinema it is not allocated seating so if we bought tickets there, the four of us would be together and you buy the tickets as a marathon not individually for each movie. Grrrrrr... why do people do this? I kind of bit back saying that I am sure that they must sell the tickets individually there too and the problem without allocated seating is you need to get there early to get a good seat. I hope I did not sound too bitchy but I am pissed off about the whole thing...how did this happen.

It was my idea so I shouldn't feel guilty that she told me I should buy tickets seeing as I was in town today and she seemed fine with it. How was I supposed to know she told her friends she was getting the tickets at the other cinema... I'm still confused about whether she told them before or after...it makes no sense to me in either case why she'd do that. But I won't ask now...it will only make her feel worse about the whole thing I suppose and she said she feels bad about it and was projecting it onto me. And now I feel guilty about it too because the cinema she wanted to go to was closer to the south side of the city and the cinema I bought the tickets at is in town closer to where I live so I feel a little bit thoughtless and inconsiderate.

Why do people not listen??

• Subscriber

Or sometimes it is not that they aren't just not listening, but pretending that they are when they aren't. Hubby does that all the time and it drives me crazy. We'll sit and have a conversation and he will repsond etc... and then a few minutes, hours, days etc... later one of us will say something which relates to that conversation and he has no idea!!! Drives me up the wall - if he hasn't heard or is busy watching something at that time, why does he just not say that to me instead of pretending!!!!

I hope that you sort it all out with your friend Voxxie. And none of it is your fault, why didn't your friend just admit that she made a mistake and then none of this anger will be about!!!

Oh that drives me up the wall too ... my sister does it to me a lot.

I think it is not to hurt your feelings that they do this. Pretending to listen I mean because they love us and want us to feel we can talk about anything with them and anytime...and do not want us to feel like they are shutting us out? It drives me up the wall too...sometimes I'll be telling her something and she realises it is important, and then says "what was that again" and I realise she was not listening the first time.

I'm not angry with my friend, just a little bit annoyed at the situation. I just can't see how it happened and why she was calling me and expressing disappointment that I got the tickets in the wrong cinema when I told her over the phone as I was buying the tickets I am at that cinema. The only convinience of the other cinema is the location is closer for her and her two friends...it costs double the amount for a ticket there, and it isn't allocated seating, which means you'll end up with CRAP seats at the front, or having to split up. I feel bad about it now and that bugs me, because I didn't do anything wrong!!

I'll see her tomorrow anyway and everything will be fine...she said she felt bad because she will look bad to her friends she told she was buying tickets -I don't see why she done this, or why she agreed for me to get them if she had pre-arranged this. There is just something weird going on here, like she is projecting her bad feelings onto me, like none of this wouldn't have happend if I didn't buy the tickets sort of thing, and that pisses me off!! I know she isn't meaning to do it - it is probably all on a sub-conscious level... but it bugs me as I can't help get the feeling she is annoyed with me for getting the tickets in the other cinema and I am helpless to do anything about it if she is annoyed. Well actually, she asked me if I can refund the tickets... so she msut be annoyed!! Refunding the tickets would be helping the situation. I told her they don't refund them!!

The whole thing could have been avoided if she listened to the answer to her own question - "which cinema?"....I told her the city cinema!!!

I think she may have been preoccupied, but if this is the case then don't get annoyed with me for getting the tickets and making me feel bad about it!!

Oh well... we'll see the movie marathon and it will all pass... next time, she can get the tickets herself.

I remember going out on a "group date" and whenever I tried to talk to this one guy I was crushing on it was if my words was going in one of his ears and out the other.

The problem was when a little miss perfect had something to say he treated her as if she was the most important person in the world.

After realizing what was going, I left which was a win, win situation because I don't waste my time, my former crush can be with his precious little miss perfect and shove her up his azz LOL!!

• Subscriber
  I remember going out on a "group date" and whenever I tried to talk to this one guy I was crushing on it was if my words was going in one of his ears and out the other.

The problem was when a little miss perfect had something to say he treated her as if she was the most important person in the world.

After realizing what was going, I left which was a win, win situation because I don't waste my time, my former crush can be with his precious little miss perfect and shove her up his azz LOL!!

Well said Illum - he is obviously not worth a great girl like you!

And hope that you still have a great night with great movies Voxxie!
Thanks Zhivvy. I am seeing my friend today and I know it will be fine...but I'd be lying if I said that it didn't bother me - she asked me if I could refund the tickets!! I just don't know where our communication lines went down. I'll be super cautious now whenever I am organising something... it sucks because I am the kind of person who just wants to get things done as soon as possible and get it done, and she left this for weeks...we are lucky we even got tickets for the marathon, it is on Wed night...twilight saga.

• Subscriber
Or sometimes it is not that they aren't just not listening, but pretending that they are when they aren't. Hubby does that all the time and it drives me crazy. We'll sit and have a conversation and he will repsond etc... and then a few minutes, hours, days etc... later one of us will say something which relates to that conversation and he has no idea!!! Drives me up the wall - if he hasn't heard or is busy watching something at that time, why does he just not say that to me instead of pretending!!!!

I hope that you sort it all out with your friend Voxxie. And none of it is your fault, why didn't your friend just admit that she made a mistake and then none of this anger will be about!!!

LOL!! Oh god, I think this is me. I pretend to listen and pretend, and sometimes when it's rather important. I get into sticky situations and trouble. I will try to be better. : ( I admit, I am  not a good listener. It's just that I'm selective in my listening and it drives people crazy! But, maybe that's why I do it..heehe.laugh.gif