Keane - the other U2 cover at Glastonbury 2010

mick james

listening to this makes me realize how much Bono's passion is a part of their performance.  Keane did a nice job, just impossible to replicate U2 's natural intensity!
Indeed! I think we take Bono's voice for granted sometimes, until you hear someone else cover one of their songs.  This was a sweet little cover, but Edge's Infinite Guitar and Adam's gorgeous bass on this song can never be duplicated. 

The crowd was wonderful!

• Subscriber

[quote name='surrenders wrote:

nikki1120']listening to this makes me realize how much Bono's passion is a part of their performance.  Keane did a nice job, just impossible to replicate U2 's natural intensity!

Indeed! I think we take Bono's voice for granted sometimes, until you hear someone else cover one of their songs.  This was a sweet little cover, but Edge's Infinite Guitar and Adam's gorgeous bass on this song can never be duplicated. 

The crowd was wonderful!

thats because keane are vocals, piano and drums....................eyes.gif

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

surrenders wrote:

nikki1120']listening to this makes me realize how much Bono's passion is a part of their performance.  Keane did a nice job, just impossible to replicate U2 's natural intensity!

The crowd was wonderful!

thats because keane are vocals, piano and drums....................eyes.gif

lol

I enjoyed it. I am in love with this singer... it is such a pity he is a druggie.

• Subscriber

Good, but the original was better. 

By the way, did anyone notice that during Editors' set someone was waving a banner saying 'I survived Glastonbury but U2 didn't'?
4685686_Audience-01.jpg

I noticed.

I also noticed that the owner got the apostrophe in the wrong place.

Seriously, what a dickhead.

laugh.gif