Hold firm in Santa Fe, Bono!

Bonohood

An old, rural wooden bridge that served as a hangout and a launching spot for many a romance faces an uncertain future unless residents in this small Craighead County town can save it.

The bridge [named Bono], which crosses over Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad tracks, was built in 1882 and replaced in 1927 after a fire. The county closed the bridge earlier this year when two vehicles drove off it and plunged down an embankment.

County officials fear that the bridge, which is owned by the railroad, is too dangerous to keep open. They have discussed closing it permanently, tearing it down or shoring it up.

The 100-foot-long span is made of crisscrossing timbers. The roadway consists of wooden planks. The bridge ...

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010/jul/04/fans-bono-wooden-bridge-again-fighting-sa-20100704/

What a sad story because Heaven knows how many people still use the bridge for sightseeing or other things.  By the way, I recognized the train in the photo was from the BNSF (Burlingston Northern Santa Fe) railroad which my family has worked for many generations.

What a sad story because Heaven knows how many people still use the bridge for sightseeing or other things.  By the way, I recognized the train in the photo was from the BNSF (Burlingston Northern Santa Fe) railroad which my family has worked for many generations.
You may like to see this: