Live Aid 25 years ago

agt

• Subscriber

sitting through the pain of live aid, waiting for a descent artist to come on. lets face it the line up was pretty crap, until u2 took the stage. if it wasnt for for live aid, u2 wouldnt have become an overnight mega band, so this is why i am grateful u2 took part.

• Subscriber

I was 12 years old the day of Live Aid. Wasn't that fussed about it, so I went to the swimming baths with my mates. It was crap weather up where I lived so when I got back I just went home. U2 were the first act I saw when I switched the TV on. Must have made an Impression as here I'am 25 years later still following them.

• Subscriber

[quote name='razspazz wrote:

agt']So what were you doing 25 years ago on the day of Live Aid ?

Watching Live Aid.

eek.gif

Or Maybe Re Re Re Watching Live Aid and Thinking OmG EveryOne Looks So ..... Young ! wink.gif

• Subscriber

Got to wembley at 6am with my sister, when the gates opened we ran like mad, got to the front and stayed there. The only group I wanted to see was U2......... So stood for almost 14 hours to get just one small glimpse of Bono. I've not changed in 25 years........... Still love the man!!!!!!!

The next time I thought I would see U2 was going to wembley for Nelson Mandela's concert, there was a rumour of a surprise act.... me, I assumed it would be U2, so camped out early a.m. at wembley, ran like crazy when the gates opened, stood, not daring to move all day. Everyone kept chanting "how long to sing this song" The surprise act came on it was Whitney Houston........... OMG ..... Never listen to rumours!!!!!!!!!!!!!