Problems with Artificial Horizon: Part 2: The Vinyl.

AJ2

• Subscriber

I do not know how this fan club still exists.  It is one screw up after another after another.  I'm so frustrated with them at this point that I am calling the Better Business Bureau here in Canada to report all of the issues I have had over the last 12 months.

I ordered "Artificial Horizon" on March 18, 2010.  I immediately recieved the Snow Patrol remix.  The item was supposed to start shipping in May was it not?  Well yesterday, July 15th, at 3am I received an email stating very clearly there were plans with my credit card used to purchase the item, and I had 14 days to respond to the email before the item was canceled.  Fine, no problem, the card I had used had been replaced about a month ago, due to a possible issue with security at one of the vendors I had placed an order with.  My first question however, is why an item that I ordered in February, and which was supposed to ship in May, is only now being charged and shipped?

Fine.  At 9am yesterday I phoned LiveNation, at the number they provided.

The girl I got on the phone immediately informed me that the order had been canceled.  "Please contact customer service within 14 days to avoid cancellation." was word for word what the email said.  Why send it if you were going to cancel the order regardless?!

She then informed me that she could place a new order for the item if i would like to provide a new credit card number.  She did get puzzled and said she had some difficulty trying to find some information.  I asked her what the issue was.  She replied that she was having trouble determining what the shipping should be.  I told her my original invoice had been for $30 with $0 shipping.  (The fan club rate).

She had no option in her system except for the $35 non-fan club rate.  (Hmmm.  Why is it in the system anyway if you can no longer order it?  * suspicious *)

Anyway at the end of the call, she told me she could not get the item to me at the $30 rate and she would have her supervisor call me with in 24hours to deal with the situation and to work this out at the original price.

24 hours came and went.  And no surprise.  There was no phone call.  I have my phone set up so I get a text message if it is phoned and there is no signal on which to get a call.  I always know when someone has called.  I have this set because of work.  There was no way anyone had called in that 24 hour period.  I am not impressed.  I feel like i was lied to. 

So I called back.  Got a lady on the phone named Barbara, who was actually very polite and very nice.  I explained what was going on and she offered to get her supervisor.  Perfect.  Now I'm getting somewhere.  4 minutes later Barbara was back on the phone.  Her supervisor couldn't be found.  He'd stepped out.  Would I like to hold to see if she could find him?  A couple of minutes later she again came back to say he was not available and asked me to call back again.

Third time is the charm. I'm finally talking to them and a supervisor is in the office. 

I get Michael on the phone. 

Michael tells me he doesn't believe me that I spoke to someone yesterday because he has no records on my account that I called, nor is there any sign that someone attempted to help me place this order.  Maybe someone was having a bad day and just didn't want to help me?!  What lovely customer service.  I called.  Why would I state I called if i hadn't?  Why would I know what was going on with my account at all if i had not called?!  I wonder if people there actually open their mouths before speaking sometimes.

Michael then tells me he is hesitant to place the order because the bank told them that the card would not work because it had potential security issues, or was possibly lost or stolen.  HELLO!!  I've been a member of the fan club since 2004.  You are shipping this to the address that my fan club CDs and various other items I have ordered in the past have been sent to.  AND it's a new credit card I'm sending you.  Again he left me with the general impression that I was lying over something and he was suspicious of me.  That's a wonderful way to treat a customer.  Especially one that's already pissed off at being lied to by your rep yesterday about someone calling back in 24 hours.

Why the hell would you be hesitant. I had an issue with my old card, it was replaced, and the problem was resolved.  I'm giving you the new number which is in my possession. 

Fine.  He's finally convinced to take the new card number.  It goes through.  I ask him to confirm the shipping address because I know what's coming next.

In November of last year I moved.  I updated my address with the fan club at that time.  I also updated it online.  Yet my fan club cds were sent to the wrong address (the old one).  I had to call several times to get that issue resolved and eventually get my cds sent to the proper address.  I'm tired of dealing with that issue, and it should be fixed now right?

NOPE.  The old address pops up again.  Even though the invoice for Artificial Horizon vinyl clearly  states my new address under both billing and shipping, the system on their end spit out the old address yet again.  Why can't they do something simple like change an address?!!?  It should be the most basic function they have.  Yet they don't seem to be able to do it.  Here it is, the third time it's been an issue.  And yet again, the system defaults to my old address.

So he claims the vinyl is on it's way.  He says it will ship out sometime soon.  So the vinyl I ordered in March, that was supposed to ship in May, that I called in July about, probably won't arrive till August sometime.  If I'm lucky.

How does this organization continue to provide such HORRIBLE customer service. This is ridiculous.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I ordered mine on 3/18/2010.

They charged my credit card for the vinyl on 6/12/2010.

As of today's mail, no vinyl.

I just called Fanfire (this name is starting to take on a new meaning) and

it sounded like many others have already, as they had a prepared response.

They told me to wait until Monday and if I don't receive it, to call them

back on Monday.

Zack

• Subscriber

they screwed up..again. Ordered it myself..and I've sent 2 emails both giving me a time frame for the item to arrive (from UK to just outside Boston MA). I was told the first time to give it 7 days..then 24. Friday the 23rd will be 26 days..and I love how there is no tracking for international orders.

I came here to see if others even got theirs yet...guess I am not alone.

i have emailed several times as well asking where it is.

last response was...

"We'd like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by unexpected delays in delivering your triple vinyl set of Artificial Horizon. We're assured that outstanding orders can be delivered by July 12th. Thanks for your patience."

it's now the 15th and I've got nothing.

• Subscriber

I called two times because I was charged the $30 on my credit card but haven't received anything.  The first time I called, I was told I'd receive the item at the end of June.  The second time I called, I was told it was shipped from the UK and I should be receiving it by the "middle of next week."  Well, that was last week, and I still haven't received anything.

• Subscriber

I called two times because I was charged the $30 on my credit card but haven't received anything.  The first time I called, I was told I'd receive the item at the end of June.  The second time I called, I was told it was shipped from the UK and I should be receiving it by the "middle of next week."  Well, that was last week, and I still haven't received anything.

• Subscriber

I called on Tues. July 13 to advise Fanfire that I'd not yet received my set after learning it should have arrived by the 12th.  I spoke to Taylor who told me that my information was being forwarded to a supervisor who was keeping track of customers who didn't receive their set by this past Monday. I was assured that mine was on its way, that I should be on the lookout for a shipping notification email from FedEx within the next day or so since Fanfire had just received a new shipment.

After reading about issues that others were having, I decided to call again today to check on my status.  This time, I was told by Stephanie that my order had been canceled.  She asked if I'd called about it previously, I told her I had and what Taylor had told me two days ago, and she went to talk to him.  It turns out that (SHOCKER) he was not telling me the real story... the order was canceled, I wasn't going to get an email from FedEx.

After a while she came back on the line and apologised that my order had indeed been canceled for some unknown reason and allowed me to order a new one over the phone with her at the $30 price. (for some reason, I had unwittingly ordered it at the $35 price)   I just looked thru my credit card statements and see that I was never actually charged.... I have a new order number and have been assured it will go out within a week... I am NOT holding my breath.

Dawn

• Subscriber
I do not know how this fan club still exists.  It is one screw up after another after another.  I'm so frustrated with them at this point that I am calling the Better Business Bureau here in Canada to report all of the issues I have had over the last 12 months.

I ordered "Artificial Horizon" on March 18, 2010.  I immediately recieved the Snow Patrol remix.  The item was supposed to start shipping in May was it not?  Well yesterday, July 15th, at 3am I received an email stating very clearly there were plans with my credit card used to purchase the item, and I had 14 days to respond to the email before the item was canceled.  Fine, no problem, the card I had used had been replaced about a month ago, due to a possible issue with security at one of the vendors I had placed an order with.  My first question however, is why an item that I ordered in February, and which was supposed to ship in May, is only now being charged and shipped?

Fine.  At 9am yesterday I phoned LiveNation, at the number they provided.

The girl I got on the phone immediately informed me that the order had been canceled.  "Please contact customer service within 14 days to avoid cancellation." was word for word what the email said.  Why send it if you were going to cancel the order regardless?!

She then informed me that she could place a new order for the item if i would like to provide a new credit card number.  She did get puzzled and said she had some difficulty trying to find some information.  I asked her what the issue was.  She replied that she was having trouble determining what the shipping should be.  I told her my original invoice had been for $30 with $0 shipping.  (The fan club rate).

She had no option in her system except for the $35 non-fan club rate.  (Hmmm.  Why is it in the system anyway if you can no longer order it?  * suspicious *)

Anyway at the end of the call, she told me she could not get the item to me at the $30 rate and she would have her supervisor call me with in 24hours to deal with the situation and to work this out at the original price.

24 hours came and went.  And no surprise.  There was no phone call.  I have my phone set up so I get a text message if it is phoned and there is no signal on which to get a call.  I always know when someone has called.  I have this set because of work.  There was no way anyone had called in that 24 hour period.  I am not impressed.  I feel like i was lied to. 

So I called back.  Got a lady on the phone named Barbara, who was actually very polite and very nice.  I explained what was going on and she offered to get her supervisor.  Perfect.  Now I'm getting somewhere.  4 minutes later Barbara was back on the phone.  Her supervisor couldn't be found.  He'd stepped out.  Would I like to hold to see if she could find him?  A couple of minutes later she again came back to say he was not available and asked me to call back again.

Third time is the charm. I'm finally talking to them and a supervisor is in the office. 

I get Michael on the phone. 

Michael tells me he doesn't believe me that I spoke to someone yesterday because he has no records on my account that I called, nor is there any sign that someone attempted to help me place this order.  Maybe someone was having a bad day and just didn't want to help me?!  What lovely customer service.  I called.  Why would I state I called if i hadn't?  Why would I know what was going on with my account at all if i had not called?!  I wonder if people there actually open their mouths before speaking sometimes.

Michael then tells me he is hesitant to place the order because the bank told them that the card would not work because it had potential security issues, or was possibly lost or stolen.  HELLO!!  I've been a member of the fan club since 2004.  You are shipping this to the address that my fan club CDs and various other items I have ordered in the past have been sent to.  AND it's a new credit card I'm sending you.  Again he left me with the general impression that I was lying over something and he was suspicious of me.  That's a wonderful way to treat a customer.  Especially one that's already pissed off at being lied to by your rep yesterday about someone calling back in 24 hours.

Why the hell would you be hesitant. I had an issue with my old card, it was replaced, and the problem was resolved.  I'm giving you the new number which is in my possession. 

Fine.  He's finally convinced to take the new card number.  It goes through.  I ask him to confirm the shipping address because I know what's coming next.

In November of last year I moved.  I updated my address with the fan club at that time.  I also updated it online.  Yet my fan club cds were sent to the wrong address (the old one).  I had to call several times to get that issue resolved and eventually get my cds sent to the proper address.  I'm tired of dealing with that issue, and it should be fixed now right?

NOPE.  The old address pops up again.  Even though the invoice for Artificial Horizon vinyl clearly  states my new address under both billing and shipping, the system on their end spit out the old address yet again.  Why can't they do something simple like change an address?!!?  It should be the most basic function they have.  Yet they don't seem to be able to do it.  Here it is, the third time it's been an issue.  And yet again, the system defaults to my old address.

So he claims the vinyl is on it's way.  He says it will ship out sometime soon.  So the vinyl I ordered in February, that was supposed to ship in May, that I called in July about, probably won't arrive till August sometime.  If I'm lucky.

How does this organization continue to provide such HORRIBLE customer service. This is ridiculous.

a) they said May 14 would be the last day for order placement, not the day they'd ship, after May 14 they'd start pressing AH vinyl. There was never clear shipping date, unfortunately.

B) was ir March or February you placed the order?

c) You are never charged for pre-orders when you place the order, only when the ordered item is about to be shipped. It's a legal thing - so that's why you weren't charged in March/February.

I had problems with credit card too, and received an e-mail in mid May to contact them to solve the issue. They charged me on May 30, but nothing's been shipped.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

AJ2']

a) they said May 14 would be the last day for order placement, not the day they'd ship, after May 14 they'd start pressing AH vinyl. There was never clear shipping date, unfortunately.

B) was ir March or February you placed the order?

c) You are never charged for pre-orders when you place the order, only when the ordered item is about to be shipped. It's a legal thing - so that's why you weren't charged in March/February.

I had problems with credit card too, and received an e-mail in mid May to contact them to solve the issue. They charged me on May 30, but nothing's been shipped.A.  I know the May date was the cut off date.  But you would expect shipping starting sometime before July.  And as others have been posting here, they've been saying the vinyl should have arrived by now.  I know several in Europe have recieved it last month.  They're late pure and simple in my opinion.  If they didn't have enough pressed, they should never have started shipping it.  And if it wasn't going to ship for upwards of two months they should have mentioned that.

B.  March 18, 2010.  I have the email invoice open in front of me.  If i said February I meant March.

Sorry for any confusion...

• Subscriber

::: AJ I'm having same problem, only that I'm not calling yet to that number 'cause I guess my english is not good enough to have a conversation on a businness level, anyway, this is the story:

I sent an e-mail to FanFire asking for the LP last friday. Early morning on July 12th , FanFire Staff girl named "Gina" said on an e-mail:

"We'd like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by unexpected delays in delivering your triple vinyl set of Artificial Horizon. We're assured that outstanding orders can be delivered by July 12th. Thanks for your patience."

Then, July 14th, Girl named "Barbara" replied another e-mail:

"Thank you for your email. We regret that the item you requested, U2 'ARTIFICIAL HORIZON' Triple Vinyl Set, is currently on backorder at this time. The demand for this item has been greater than anticipated and we will ship your merchandise out as soon as we receive more in stock. Please note that you have not been charged for the backordered merchandise and you are welcome to cancel at anytime."

AND YESTERDAY:

"There is a problem with the payment for shipping order number XXXXX for your order number XXXX. Please contact customer service within 14 days to avoid cancellation. You may contact us at orderhelp@livenationmerchandise.com or one of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-434-244-7300. Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Please be sure to include a copy of this email with any reply." Signed by LIVE NATION CUSTOMER SERVICE.

::::::: Probably they're not going to make any more Vinyl Records, so they want us to Cancel Our orders. My credit card wasn't even Charged since I made the purchase on May 12th, 2010.