Problems with Artificial Horizon: Part 2: The Vinyl.

AJ2

• Subscriber

Glad folks are finally speaking up. I too order on March 18 and when I wrote them recently they said by email Thank you for choosing Live Nation Merchandise. We'd like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by unexpected delays in delivering your triple vinyl set of Artificial Horizon. We're assured that outstanding orders can be delivered by July 12th. Thanks for your patience.

U2.com Customer Service

. When I wrote back on July 13 that I didnt receive it and would like to cancel here is the response I got

Your order has been canceled per your request. Please notice that you were not charged for this merchandise.

So I guess I wait to check my CC account next month to see if indeed they charge or didnt charge me.... Still frustrated they cant get it right....... and I do not get the remix.... So far live nation is taking u2 down the path of destruction.

Some members dont care as they posted they got the deluxe DVD for ordering the regular DVD so they think Live Nation is the MAN>>>>>>

But for the ones that got screwed in the presale seat location and then the vinyl I say LN should go manage Michael Jackson.........

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know how this fan club still exists.

My story is a similar one, although I haven't had as much grief over the phone as you have had. I ordered on March 26. On May 19 I got an email that something was wrong with my credit card, which was correct as I had replaced the card since ordering. I called them up and provided the new card details. On May 25 the $30.00 was charged to my card. I have not yet, however, received anything in the mail and it's been almost two months. This morning I contacted u2.com using the link that Bigwave provided earlier in this thread. Hoping for the best...

• Subscriber

I will join the displeased with this Livenation situation. I ordered my vinyl on March 17 and provided my credit card. I imagined that the item would charged them not 4 months later when it was bound to ship.

My credit card expired in April and on July 14th at 2am I got an email saying that there were issues with the payment (well yeah its been 4 months and there is a new expiry date on that card).

I called and gave them the update info and they said.."Ohh we will send it out if there are no issues with the new card number.." so a couple of days go by and I didn't get any email notification from Live Nation so I assume everything is ok. But I decide to call anyhow, upon calling I'm informed that my order was cancelled (FOR WHAT REASON???) and that I can place an order for the AH vinyl again.. So I do and I'm given a new order number, and upon entering the order number and my postal code in the status checker nothing comes up. I have emailed them and I'm awaiting their reply.

Throwing in my hat* to say I'm still waiting on my vinyl.

Fiasco story, too, because of a problem with cookies. Ordered a shirt and button along with it because I believe in maximizing shipping. Anyway, got charged for everything, fine, great, wonderful. Then the charge disappeared from my account_74615. wtf? Okay, maybe it's just a pre-charge? I dunno, balance was right, so, no big deal.

Then a charge fore nineteen dollars and some cents showed up.

They shipped the shirt and button right away, seperate.

Looking at the shipping notice, my apartment number wasn't included on my registration.

So, I had a run of e-mails to make sure my apt number got added to my AH vinyl order, which took 3 or 4 emails just for that and a phone call to FedEx and then my local post office. For once, my mail carrier wasn't an idiot and managed to get my package into the right box without sending it back. Hooray for a package from someone else arriving on the same day and connecting the names!! After that I had another 4 or 5 emails to be sure I wasn't getting screwed on shipping because of the seperate shipments.

Also, because of the cookie issue, somehow I didn't get the fanclub discount. That only took 1 email, which kinda blew me away.

Now.

I'm playing the waiting game. I was told it would ship on or around the 12th of July. Wonderful. Now I'm in a money crunch because of my sister's wedding rather than the awesome check I had with which to order the vinyl with, really the only reason I bought the damn thing in the first place. That, and it was limited and purple.

*I initially typed "hate". Freudian slip much?

• Subscriber

UPDATE ON MY STATUS:

I ordered mine on 3/18/2010.

They charged my credit card for the vinyl on 6/12/2010.

I received my vinyl with today's mail (7/19/2010). It was sent Economy, from FanFire in London, all the way to New York, where I am... So Economy shipping and Customs is what probably delayed it.

Zack

• Subscriber

called fanfuck today. mine was shipped june 9th but i never received it.

they reordered it and i was told to expect it in two weeks. bats will fly out of my ass sooner than when it gets here.

they are shipped ONLY fom the UK, NOT shipped inside US per band's request i was told.

• Subscriber

they reordered it and i was told to expect it in two weeks. bats will fly out of my ass sooner than when it gets here.

they are shipped ONLY fom the UK, NOT shipped inside US per band's request i was told.

• Subscriber

I can assure you if I do ever actually receive this album and it is not in 100% MINT condition I am raising hell and demanding they send me another. It better be packaged well and not bent or I'll be pissed after waiting this many months for it.