U2 Fan-site lousy

Jim C

• Subscriber

I'm sorry, with all of the problems on u2.com and the way live nation runs the thing I doubt I will be renewing my membership. 

First of all the entire site looks "cheesy."  I don't care for the graphics - it's just so contrived for my tastes- however this is just my opinion.

So lets look at the rest of the issue, what are we really getting or the 40 bucks? The videos (sound and vision) and other features are short and less interesting than content you can freely download or view, legally, elsewhere. 

The band news is so often lacking behind other sites. 

Does anyone else agree?

The webmail is still shoddy at best.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes there are glitches, ya, but the site is pretty coolie to me because u can talk to other U2 fans from all over the world, and have access to the message boards, can blog, and can listen to albums on the media player while u are on the site. (speaking of which, im going to go put Rattle and Hum on!)

• Subscriber

i still like it here! i'm still meeting new people and sharing our passion for music (u2 on top!) and a bit of our lives is what keeps me here.

without u2.com, i would never have met so many interesting and funny fans, and i would never have met my good friend zhiv and her family and been to england this summer. and now i'm saving up to go visit janette.... once upon a time...wink.gif

i would never have this sexy bonobag either if it wasnt for those amazing zoofriends who took the time and made the effort to go out and buy it and sent it over to me! thanx again, girls!!

i loved the vids, the first one from edge to let us know what happened and to reasure us bono was very well taking care of. the second where the entire band told us how they were doing, and how they couldnt wait to play for us!

i mostly spend my time here on the boards and whenever there's news i hear it quick from other zootops.smile.gif

• Subscriber

To be honest. The sites what you make of it! If you use it on a regular basis, there's some great people here. There's no doubt that certain areas need improvement and hopefully in time issues will be addressed. In the mean time I'll keep chatting with all the great people I'm meeting on here.

• Subscriber

I know that this site has its problems - lots of them too!! And I do think that it should be here, on their official site, that things are announced first, and we should, as paying fans, get some exclusivity. However, saying all that, I do love it here. Like others have said, the main reason why I love it here is the community side and being able to meet so many great people - and people who understand my love of the band (my Bono drooling obssession is still teased in here too, but they understand more than the outside world lol!!!) I have met some amazing people from here - mostly virtually, but some for real. If it wasn't for here I wouldn't have had a great time last week with barbara and her family staying with us (but I would still have some pimms and cheese sauce left!!!)

And I wouldn't be wishing for the money to get to America to visit some amazing people over there.

And I can't wait to meet up with others in Europe over the summer at the shows.