U2 Fan-site lousy

Jim C

• Subscriber
I come here for the christmas cards!!

from all over the world!!

Oh I loved the Christmas cards  - hope we can do it again this year. May start saving for the stamps now so I can send many more than last year!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

mummy']I don't come here for news. I don't come here for the site. Hell, I don't even come here for U2. I come here for the quirky fans. I love em and dislike em at the same time. I mean you got to love the silliness that goes on in here and the threadjacking and the bonodrooling and the odd discussions. The only thing I don't like is the complaining. It's incessent. If one person has an issue, it seems everyone has an issue. I think if you want an issue go get Big Issue off some homeless guy and channel your frustration into something good. Now, I know, you think what I say is sarcasm and some say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but I tell you this and I'll tell you no more... wit isn't measureable to make such a statement. Whoever thought that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit obviously knows nothing of wit. I'll tell you what wit is... it's with but without an h. That's all it is. In a nutshell.

Bonodrooling is not silliness Mummy - it is a dedicated passtime which involves a lot of hard work. In fact the training to be an official Bonodrooler is so intense that it is now being considered an Olympic event - so watch out for me in London 2012!!

And Mummy  - your sarcasm is outstanding - don't ever stop it, I love it! happy.gif

Dribbling as I read......

• Subscriber

I'm sorry, with all of the problems on u2.com and the way live nation runs the thing I doubt I will be renewing my membership. 
 First of all the entire site looks "cheesy."  I don't care for the graphics - it's just so contrived for my tastes- however this is just my opinion.

So lets look at the rest of the issue, what are we really getting or the 40 bucks? The videos (sound and vision) and other features are short and less interesting than content you can freely download or view, legally, elsewhere. 

The band news is so often lacking behind other sites. 

Does anyone else agree?

The webmail is still shoddy at best.

Yes and all was addressed/represented here in the petition the board members signed asking for improvement to the web site:

http://community.u2.com/topic/16224

In fact, we had an answer as well and were thanked for our input. If anyone has taken note; some of the things we had requested be improved upon has been. For example: we asked for more news and updates/video messages from the band.  I think the video message from the Edge as well as the new video from the band about Bono's recovery is a good example of them trying to improve upon that.