anyone with a brain working here?

scout6

I get messages because I am an European fan ...

uhhhhhhh last I looked Canada was in North America.

My home page always shows information that is a million years old in terms of friend requests and mail messages etc so I rarely check it now because it is stagnant and then I end up going weeks without realizing someone NEW really has messaged me or wanted to be buds ...

The buffering is insane on this site. I can't stand to watch videos.

The CDs time out or freeze up so you can't listen to a disc on here without closing down the site and reopening.

Sometimes when I log in  and try to go to the Blog or My Home or Photo pages, it says the address is not recognizable, yet I can always get onto the message boards ...

it's getting old and irritating. Why does this site have so many issues? And now, I shall copy this whole post because the chances of it disappearing in some mystery error and not posting the first time is highly likely or telling me I don't have the right to post a new topic when I am a paying member and that is infuriating to put time into a post and then have to re-type it.

WHAT'S UP??

LOL @ copying your posts before hitting "send". I do that all the time. It's the safest way to post on this site.

The problem with this site is simple: It's run by a multinational. Give it to some small company and it will be run much much better.

I should start charging for my great ideas.

You know, this website was once run by a small dutch company and they used webex technology. In those days you could easily message someone using the PM messaging service. They also had a chatroom set up. Granted, the chatroom had glitches but the rest of the site worked wonderfully.

The quick steps to bringing this website back to what it once was:

1. Disengage this website from any multinational that has it's grimy fingers in it and give it to the small guy to run and deal with technical issues firstand.

2. Give the shop to a company that has an excellent track record with dealing with orders, customers and couriers. It can be integrated into the website but would be completed administered by aforementioned retailer.

3. Remove the current moderators and replace with unbiased members of the U2 community who have a clear interest in a particular section of the message board.

4. Principle Management really need to take their finger out of their arses and assign a PR company to deal with News on this website. Again, such a section could be integrated into the site but the whole administration of news updates would be controlled and administered by the PR company/team.

You got to wonder who is managing this site and what kind of a shrivelled up brain they have. You also got to wonder is their two many hands in the pie, too many chiefs and not enough indians, too much money and not enough sense? Someone or a number of individuals need a right kick in the arse and I'm telling you, I got a fine pair of brogues to do the job!

LOL Scout... everything you have said I have experienced on here.

You know what really gets me... the buffering on the videos!! "We're Coming Back" took me well over 10minutes to watch. I don't watch the videos but it was the first time we'd heard anything about Bono's recovery from the man himself, so I sat and watched...and waited for the buffer.

And then I keep thinking it is either my internet connection (it isn't)...or my laptop (I put the leopard OS and I don't have enough RAM to support but needed leopard to use the ipod I have and so now everythiing works much slower... many programs stopped working like....anyway I'll stop blubbering here.

It is not my computer or connection - but sometimes I feel this way because noone else seems to be complaining!!

Mummy...I like your ideas.

The other thing I don't like is the membership. I was a member - but not for quite some time... I just visit the free site.. because what on earth are you getting for the 40 dollars? Where is the money going???????????????? Where is this money going????????

Sorry for ranting!

Mummy, all your ideas are right.

I know we've been through this before and Mick James sent a message to the powers that be here and supposedly they were going to take care of things. Obviously they haven't.

I spent many years on Springsteen boards, including one small one that was run by a little company in Canada. All those boards ran very well. When someone sent you a PM a little box would pop up letting you know immediately, also whenever you signed in, the PM popup would be the first thing you'd see. Whoever kep up the sites would have updates every couple of years and they were always improvements.

Signatures Network/Live Nation have no clue how to keep things up to speed and where the money goes is a damn good question.  Just making Live Nation richer!

When I first came here I was shocked how things didn't work efficiently compared to other boards I'd been on.

• Subscriber

never had posts disapear on me, but the probs in the homepage, i can relate to. i have zootops with whom i'm friends and still i'm fan of at same time.(but then again that makes sense in away, cause i'm fan of all my friends!!)

i have the friends request-message all the time, so i have to open it to see if they are new or old requests, which i don always think of (so if any of you had to wait for me to respond for some days.... that wasnt cause i was doubting to accept you!)

the messages: same story, hardly ever does it say; no new messages....

and when i send long PM's i get a failure-message and have to re-type! but then zhiv gave me the tip to copy before sending.

mick made an effort to get attention for all the probs... and i still hope someone, somewhere is working on it, hard.... but i have doubts.

• Subscriber

I don't have the buffering issue at all. So perhaps it could be an internet connection or individual computer thing? Not sure but there are definitely major improvements they could make to this site, but for some reason aren't. I think my gripes are minor in comparison to the issues others are having with this site.

I ran across this article on atu2 which made me laugh, and it's along this same lines.

Geography Tip for U2.com

• Subscriber

I don't have the buffering issue at all. So perhaps it could be an internet connection or individual computer thing? Not sure but there are definitely major improvements they could make to this site, but for some reason aren't. I think my gripes are minor in comparison to the issues others are having with this site.

I ran across this article on atu2 which made me laugh, and it's along this same lines.

Geography Tip for U2.com