Stopped drinking--and my whole world got better--anyone else?

xtraspicy62

stopped drinking recently, and my brain woke up so much that it was like I went from seeing everying on a small black and white to a giant plasma screen...

everything in life is more vivid and clear

life is actually better! i did not think it was possible...

anyone else quit totally or for a while and find anything significantly better?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

cant stop drinking, spicy... its so hot over here, dehydration is far too dangerous wink.gif

but seriously, i know you're talking bout something different. i don feel the need to stop drinking, cause i enjoy it and small amounts (yes i still call them small...) arent bad for my health. i know when to stop and as long as i do, i know it isnt a problem. and tho we all joke about our drinking habits here, i don think getting drunk is a good idea. it may happen occasionally , but when it happens often... it is a problem. cause it effects your thinking and reacting, and it will effect those around you too. (i've always been scared for drunken people, been harassed by them twice- nothing too serious, but still this made me decide i never wanted to lose complete control over my actions like they did.)

so everyone who thinks its better they'd quit , i will totally support them.

In a way I can relate because I was dating this one guy who's idea of fun was going out drinking while comparing me to other women.  One day I realized this man wasn't good for me because no chick in her sober, right mind would put up with his crap, so I ditched him.

Until this day, I still drink, but not as much which has raised my self-esteem by making a positive changes in my life and following my heart no matter what.

I do enjoy some wine in the evening. I tend to go through this phase every few summers. Apart from the money spent it makes no difference in how I think or feel.

I often drink quite a bit when going out to a party or such, actually have done it straight and sober.

Not much difference except when drunk the train ride can make me nauseous.

I'm glad to see that life without alcohol has brightened your life.

cant stop drinking, spicy... its so hot over here, dehydration is far too dangerous wink.gif

but seriously, i know you're talking bout something different. i don feel the need to stop drinking, cause i enjoy it and small amounts (yes i still call them small...) arent bad for my health. i know when to stop and as long as i do, i know it isnt a problem. and tho we all joke about our drinking habits here, i don think getting drunk is a good idea. it may happen occasionally , but when it happens often... it is a problem. cause it effects your thinking and reacting, and it will effect those around you too. (i've always been scared for drunken people, been harassed by them twice- nothing too serious, but still this made me decide i never wanted to lose complete control over my actions like they did.)

so everyone who thinks its better they'd quit , i will totally support them.

well i quit for because i heard that its loaded with calories...its been more about trying to cut calories every which way possible..

and the extra pleasant surprise is not just lost weight, but the clearer brain and perk in my step and the higher overall energy...

never was a problem but i had no idea how a few drinks a week made me so tired...

always got a headache too, even after one beer!

what was I thinking? why did I think that it was "fun" to give myself a headache and feel nauseous?

I do enjoy some wine in the evening. I tend to go through this phase every few summers. Apart from the money spent it makes no difference in how I think or feel.

I often drink quite a bit when going out to a party or such, actually have done it straight and sober.

thanks for that...thats cool!

dint think life was enjoyable with out a beer at the show...didnt think the music would sound as good without a buzz!

this is unexpected..

I was just trying to lose weight!

• Subscriber

I've heard too of how much weight it can help you lose!!! I joke in here about drinking lots but in all honesty I don't! If people are staying with me then I do tend to drink more - but not excessively. I used to drink a lot in a night from time to time, but can't see the point now that I am older and wiser - hangovers are such a waste of a day and I don't want to be spending the whole day in bed because of one or two too many glasses.

I enjoy a good glass of wine and love a chilled pimms etc.. on a warm evening so would never give it up completely. But I make sure that there are alcohol free days in my live and when I do drink it is in moderation. I do plan though to not have any in the two or three weeks run up to the half marathon as want to make sure that i am in the best shape possible.

In a way I can relate because I was dating this one guy who's idea of fun was going out drinking while comparing me to other women.  One day I realized this man wasn't good for me because no chick in her sober, right mind would put up with his crap, so I ditched him.

Until this day, I still drink, but not as much which has raised my self-esteem by making a positive changes in my life and following my heart no matter what.

Im glad the cutting back has raised your self esteem...and comparing you to other women? what would he have done if you started to compare him to other men whilst on that very date?

bet he couldnt have handled it!

but he expected you to do it?

wow how self centered of him..

people like that are only thinking of themslves, illum, and you deserve to be loved and cherished and treated with respect and dignity.

what he did was abusive and mean spirited...

no doubt he engaged in that behaviou because it gave him something

some kind of pleasure...other wise he wouldnt have done it BC he wouldnt have gotton rewarded..

basic psych 101

but at your expense or the expense of others

with no regard to their feelings what so ever

=psychopath...

glad you found the courage and strength to walk away!

good job!

I've heard too of how much weight it can help you lose!!! I joke in here about drinking lots but in all honesty I don't! If people are staying with me then I do tend to drink more - but not excessively. I used to drink a lot in a night from time to time, but can't see the point now that I am older and wiser - hangovers are such a waste of a day and I don't want to be spending the whole day in bed because of one or two too many glasses.

I enjoy a good glass of wine and love a chilled pimms etc.. on a warm evening so would never give it up completely. But I make sure that there are alcohol free days in my live and when I do drink it is in moderation. I do plan though to not have any in the two or three weeks run up to the half marathon as want to make sure that i am in the best shape possible.

that sounds perfectly logical and sensible zhivvy, and I know that you are going to do well!

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

screamingflowr']I do enjoy some wine in the evening. I tend to go through this phase every few summers. Apart from the money spent it makes no difference in how I think or feel.

thanks for that...thats cool!

dint think life was enjoyable with out a beer at the show...didnt think the music would sound as good without a buzz!

this is unexpected..

I was just trying to lose weight!

Only good music can move me physically and emotionally while sober.

Alcohol is a must when stuck at a show you're not enjoying..definitely helps.

Can ya tell I was enjoying a deep red wine while posting last night.

I'm still semi in denial for blaming my ever growing flabby tummy on the wine..but chances are the two Klondike ice cream sandwiches I ate at three am may be more of the problem.