Stopped drinking--and my whole world got better--anyone else?

xtraspicy62

[quote name='screamingflowr wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

screamingflowr']I do enjoy some wine in the evening. I tend to go through this phase every few summers. Apart from the money spent it makes no difference in how I think or feel.

I often drink quite a bit when going out to a party or such, actually have done it straight and sober.

Not much difference except when drunk the train ride can make me nauseous.

I'm glad to see that life without alcohol has brightened your life.

thanks for that...thats cool!

dint think life was enjoyable with out a beer at the show...didnt think the music would sound as good without a buzz!

this is unexpected..

I was just trying to lose weight!

Only good music can move me physically and emotionally while sober.
Alcohol is a must when stuck at a show you're not enjoying..definitely helps.

Can ya tell I was enjoying a deep red wine while posting last night.

I'm still semi in denial for blaming my ever growing flabby tummy on the wine..but chances are the two Klondike ice cream sandwiches I ate at three am may be more of the problem.

oh, can totally relate to this one! its the late night noshing thats getting me too:-(

those darn calories!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stopped drinking for 3 weeks recently, and my brain woke up so much that it was like I went from seeing everying on a small black and white to a giant plasma screen...

everything in life is more vivid and clear

life is actually better! i did not think it was possible...

anyone else quit totally or for a while and find anything significantly better?

I don't drink cause it puts me right to sleep, low tolerance.  But you need to talk to my husband the beer king.  One time his work hours changed so there was less time for him to do his beer guzzling. After a couple of weeks he said how much better he felt.  I just looked at him like DUH!

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

illumination70']  In a way I can relate because I was dating this one guy who's idea of fun was going out drinking while comparing me to other women.  One day I realized this man wasn't good for me because no chick in her sober, right mind would put up with his crap, so I ditched him.

Until this day, I still drink, but not as much which has raised my self-esteem by making a positive changes in my life and following my heart no matter what.

Im glad the cutting back has raised your self esteem...and comparing you to other women? what would he have done if you started to compare him to other men whilst on that very date?

bet he couldnt have handled it!

but he expected you to do it?

wow how self centered of him..

people like that are only thinking of themslves, illum, and you deserve to be loved and cherished and treated with respect and dignity.

what he did was abusive and mean spirited...

no doubt he engaged in that behaviou because it gave him something

some kind of pleasure...other wise he wouldnt have done it BC he wouldnt have gotton rewarded..

basic psych 101

but at your expense or the expense of others

with no regard to their feelings what so ever

=psychopath...

glad you found the courage and strength to walk away!

good job!

Thanks because I realized how fed-up I was with this fella and remembered a wise quote from Whitney Houston "Better to be alone than unhappy".

Now that you mention it, I bought a large pack of water bottles. I never did before. But, I tell you, it has been so hot, that I drank one every half hour. And I never felt better. I am going to school and all I do is drink cold water. No air conditioning there, it broke. But, water is soo good.

I am going to start a very special diet. One that I shall use myself and prepare myself at home. Than, I have big plans, because only when I use this shall I share it with my other friends who want to "shape up" and I want to be very slim when I go to the next concert, I shall eradicate diabetes or atleast cut its legs. I shall be stronger, healthier, and ready to meet my Prince looking my best, after all, of all men in this world, he has made my princess Delilah happy and I also have been blessed with happiness he brought to me, so for him, only the best from earth, nothing made made, and Delilah and I are God made. so, he still only gets the best as it should be. A man like "Bono", sweet Prince of Realm is hard to come by, rare to find in another century, and I got blessed with telepathy, so I could find him during my tribulation and Lili's too. He has us both marked with his essence, therefore, we shall not fall, but stand up and run with the herds, he being always close to us that is thru the great source which is God.  Okay, I shall move on and prepare my special recipie for weight loss, than my book after I try it and see it work. Get ready to purchase yours in 3 months. Advance notice is what this is.

with love of you all,

Realm

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

illumination70']  In a way I can relate because I was dating this one guy who's idea of fun was going out drinking while comparing me to other women.  One day I realized this man wasn't good for me because no chick in her sober, right mind would put up with his crap, so I ditched him.

Until this day, I still drink, but not as much which has raised my self-esteem by making a positive changes in my life and following my heart no matter what.

Im glad the cutting back has raised your self esteem...and comparing you to other women? what would he have done if you started to compare him to other men whilst on that very date?

people like that are only thinking of themslves, illum, and you deserve to be loved and cherished and treated with respect and dignity.

some kind of pleasure...other wise he wouldnt have done it BC he wouldnt have gotton rewarded..

basic psych 101

=psychopath...

good job!

Thanks because I realized how fed-up I was with this fella and remembered a wise quote from Whitney Houston "Better to be alone than unhappy".

amen to that, sister! heartless bastard!

[quote name='surrenders wrote:

xtraspicy62']stopped drinking for 3 weeks recently, and my brain woke up so much that it was like I went from seeing everying on a small black and white to a giant plasma screen...

I don't drink cause it puts me right to sleep, low tolerance.  But you need to talk to my husband the beer king.  One time his work hours changed so there was less time for him to do his beer guzzling. After a couple of weeks he said how much better he felt.  I just looked at him like DUH!

wow, did he lose a lot of weight as well, surrenders?

• Subscriber
stopped drinking recently, and my brain woke up so much that it was like I went from seeing everying on a small black and white to a giant plasma screen...

I don't drink often, but girl - I could NEVER refuse a pint of Guinness :o

• Subscriber

I don't drink all that often either (really I'm all talk!), so I see no reason that I should quit it all together. I enjoy a glass or two of wine or a cocktail every now and then. I bought some raspberry champagne from one of the local wineries down the road from our house to enjoy out by the pool later tonight and in the winter I like a good Irish coffee or port outside in the jacuzzi. Saying all that, I do understand why you have quit and I think all the positive changes you have been making in your life are inspiring!!!

• Subscriber

I don't drink all that often either (really I'm all talk!), so I see no reason that I should quit it all together. I enjoy a glass or two of wine or a cocktail every now and then. I bought some raspberry champagne from one of the local wineries down the road from our house to enjoy out by the pool later tonight and in the winter I like a good Irish coffee or port outside in the jacuzzi. Saying all that, I do understand why you have quit and I think all the positive changes you have been making in your life are inspiring!!!

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

illumination70 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

basic psych 101

=psychopath...

good job!

amen to that, sister! heartless bastard!

Illum, I may not know you that well, but I can sense you are a good person.

Why do good girls go out with arseholes?

I am so glad to hear you are not with this idiot anymore. No woman should be treated like that.