Jump to content

Stopped drinking--and my whole world got better--anyone else?


xtraspicy62
 Share

Recommended Posts

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:


surrenders wrote:

xtraspicy62']stopped drinking for 3 weeks recently, and my brain woke up so much that it was like I went from seeing everying on a small black and white to a giant plasma screen...

 

everything in life is more vivid and clear

 

life is actually better! i did not think it was possible...

 

anyone else quit totally or for a while and find anything significantly better?

I don't drink cause it puts me right to sleep, low tolerance.  But you need to talk to my husband the beer king.  One time his work hours changed so there was less time for him to do his beer guzzling. After a couple of weeks he said how much better he felt.  I just looked at him like DUH!

wow, did he lose a lot of weight as well, surrenders?

 

Yes he did lose a little weight.  He has a little beer gut now though.  He loves his beer...lol

 

Good for you for making a healthy decision :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:


xtraspicy62 wrote:

illumination70']  In a way I can relate because I was dating this one guy who's idea of fun was going out drinking while comparing me to other women.  One day I realized this man wasn't good for me because no chick in her sober, right mind would put up with his crap, so I ditched him.

  Until this day, I still drink, but not as much which has raised my self-esteem by making a positive changes in my life and following my heart no matter what.

Im glad the cutting back has raised your self esteem...and comparing you to other women? what would he have done if you started to compare him to other men whilst on that very date?

bet he couldnt have handled it!

but he expected you to do it?

wow how self centered of him..

people like that are only thinking of themslves, illum, and you deserve to be loved and cherished and treated with respect and dignity.

what he did was abusive and mean spirited...

no doubt he engaged in that behaviou because it gave him something

some kind of pleasure...other wise he wouldnt have done it BC he wouldnt have gotton rewarded..

basic psych 101

but at your expense or the expense of others

with no regard to their feelings what so ever

=psychopath...

glad you found the courage and strength to walk away!

good job!

  Thanks because I realized how fed-up I was with this fella and remembered a wise quote from Whitney Houston "Better to be alone than unhappy".

This is so true.  I have a galfriend I keep telling this too because she's in an unhealthy relationship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote name='surrenders wrote:


xtraspicy62 wrote:

surrenders wrote:

xtraspicy62']stopped drinking for 3 weeks recently, and my brain woke up so much that it was like I went from seeing everying on a small black and white to a giant plasma screen...

 

everything in life is more vivid and clear

 

life is actually better! i did not think it was possible...

 

anyone else quit totally or for a while and find anything significantly better?

I don't drink cause it puts me right to sleep, low tolerance.  But you need to talk to my husband the beer king.  One time his work hours changed so there was less time for him to do his beer guzzling. After a couple of weeks he said how much better he felt.  I just looked at him like DUH!

wow, did he lose a lot of weight as well, surrenders?

 

Yes he did lose a little weight.  He has a little beer gut now though.  He loves his beer...lol

 

Good for you for making a healthy decision :)

 

dont know if i can stick with it though...lost about 3-4 pounds without even trying, my headaches went away, and my nausea....but still, on a hot summer day, with a great grill out...sigh!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Good on ya Xtra, I stopped drinking some years ago when I was dietting before my wedding, I was never a big drinker really but did enjoy wine with meals and to chill on weekends. It was hard to break the habit at first but once I got used to it I just stopped thinking about it. When I tried to drink again about a year later it made me feel nauseous, still doesn't agree with me. I hardly drink at all now, when I do I'm a complete lightweight! I don't miss it, especially that morning after feeling ughh

Link to comment
Share on other sites


He has us both marked with his essence

Thank you so much for the vision I picked up telepathically via your words, Rosa.  8:00 am on a Sunday morning, is way, way too early for that sort of thing!  I hope I don't freak the next time I see.....  roll.gif
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ohhhh, man, that sure sounds gooood! marked with bono essence! I LOVE that, realm!

 

wind, its never too early for bono essence!

 

I could use bono essence 24/7

 

cause i think that his essence is the essence of love

 

and joy

 

and helping others

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Really am proud of you , I remember when I stopped getting drunk , best thing I ever did , no more head aches driving over the limit the next day , the mess if I got sick , the money spent on alcohol and the seedy emptiness the next day of feeling like a vacant sea shell , oh and did i mention the feeling like I was gonna die of ciggarette abuse , and the way the smokes tasted horrible the next day when all i wanted to do was enjoy it , and last but not least when you say something you werent sposed to and you dont even recall it which makes you feel even more ripped off , stupid thing is i'd drink a 750 bottle of scotch or whiskey and still be looking for more , then there is those black patches which are void moments , heck knows whats happenin, luckily I always drank around family or good mates so nothing to be shamed about..................Confession I got into trouble because I had a few to many last december , thought i was ok , but when i woke up on my sister in laws sofa in a mess cleary i had broken my rule which i aint doing again , but me sister and i had a fun night though, laughing and stuff , shes a top chick..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...