Do you like to watch the news??

• Subscriber

To be honest I find the news and news papers very depressing but very helpful to keep alert and cautious with whats happening , sometimes even lifesaving if for example there is a bad batch of food or like we had in Australia a bad batch of immunisation for children , was horrible anyway just want to know your thoughts..

Thanx,wink02.gif

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I never used to but these days that is the only thing I watch on tv.

I agree with you that most of it is depressing. Most of it is controlled as well.

I've been watching the election news a lot love. Who are you voting for love? Or shall we not talk politics - what do they say? Politics sex and religion are not good conversational topics.

Did you watch the debate? I was still at work when it aired...I did watch the encore channel 10 played after "Undercover boss". I do not think it will help people decide, the fence sitters you know.

I think that a lot of men do not like Julia Gillard for no other reason that she is a woman. My mum said...we have come a long way, there was a time once when women could not work in factories... but men still do not want to see a woman running the country. Anyway, she worded it different...it sounded better when she said it... but it is very true.

• Subscriber

Good question , well with my religion we write a note and dont vote , as we believe in Gods kingdom not mans , and if this was Gods kingdom I guess we would all be following the bibles command or commandments and we would find organization in this and there would be.............................Peace on earth lol , no seriously.............xx

Wow love, I didn't know people do this sort of thing. My bestfriends mother told me not to vote for labour in the last election because they support gay marriage and support abortion ...and this is against God and she pretty much told me voting for labour is sort of like voting for the enemy.

So basically I am scared Abbott is going to win a lot of chrisitian votes because the Christian lobbyists do not support Gillard as she is "living in sin". WTF man. Who cares if she is not married!!! This does not define her politics.

What you are doing is better. I might just have to call my bestfriends mum and tell her all christians should not be voting!!!!

I think that is a fantastic idea - keep religion out of politics!!!!!!!!!!! It is naive one too isn't it - look at the rest of the world.

• Subscriber

I've always been very much interested in politics, I've always thought I must take part, just because I don't want to feel that something could have been different if I had not neglected my duties as a citizen, but a few years ago I started to feel very uncomfortable watching the news, I felt insulted every time that government made a public statement, after a change of government nothing really changed, the violence and rudeness of the political disputes have reached levels I can't tolerate any more, I've got tho the conclusion that they aren't interested in the people but in getting power and that they don't mind risking anything for it. It is a very sad conclusion indeed, I don't know what I will do next time, elections are a few years ahead here, at present I only watch the news on foreign broadcasters, I had to do it as a self-defense.

• Subscriber

To be honest I can easily spend days not watching the news, just scroll through headlines sometimes, I find it too depressing a lot of the time, there's seems to be an imbalance between bad and good news, perhaps there should be  separate programming for good news around the world, I bet there would be more than the bad stuff.  I find politics infuriating at times as it often treats people like they are stupid and can't read between the lines, I tend to switch off from it, I'm not a bit sports fan so tend to turn off at that point too, there doesn't seem to be much else except death, murders,war and corruption in one form or another. Having said that there was a refreshing bear story on the news today!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10753021

• Subscriber

I agree with you that most of it is depressing. Most of it is controlled as well.

no.... you use "controlled" here as in the Big Brother sense as if the governments of the world are trying to limit what people see so that we can slowly break down our lives and let someone else run our lives for us. that bogus. sure you have people deciding what "news is fit to print" -- worst news paper EVER. and you have the liberal hacks who spend two weeks running NOTHING but Michael Jackson's death coverage last summer on CNN in a desperate ploy to try to boost numbers. but we dont live in China or Iran, no government is trying to control what you watch to ultimately control your live and thinking.

that job is reserved for MSNBC and FOX news

i dont know whats going on with all these boxes

[quote name='celticfc09 wrote:

voxxiegirl']

no.... you use "controlled" here as in the Big Brother sense as if the governments of the world are trying to limit what people see so that we can slowly break down our lives and let someone else run our lives for us. that bogus. sure you have people deciding what "news is fit to print" -- worst news paper EVER. and you have the liberal hacks who spend two weeks running NOTHING but Michael Jackson's death coverage last summer on CNN in a desperate ploy to try to boost numbers. but we dont live in China or Iran, no government is trying to control what you watch to ultimately control your live and thinking.

that job is reserved for MSNBC and FOX news

i dont know whats going on with all these boxes

Yes a big brother style of control is bogus, and no I didn't use it in that sense. I do believe some publications and broadcasts are politically biased, and controlled in the sense that they do not show a lot of things maybe we should be seeing - yes it is depressing - switch to the cartoon channel if you want something easier to digest. This is the world we live in...it is our job to make it a better place!

This is why people should be voting!!