U2:360 - A Thank-You Message

Kristaps

• Subscriber

On this very hot summer day I thought I could share something with you.

It’s now July 28, 2010 at about 23:30 (11:30PM).

Why does it matter? Because today is my one year anniversary since I returned home from my trip to Dublin. And my first two U2 shows ever. That trip (which also included a bit of London and Sweden) is one of the greatest experiences in my life.

It was so great that as much as three months after my return home, I’d still live in a limbo between this life and the dream I thoroughly lived while in Dublin. All the precious memories, bits and details came haunting me daily in my sleep, in my daytime activities. They haunted me when I cooked, when I was lazy, when I was late for work and when I was eating at McDonald’s.

The Saturday after my return home was spent sleeping (I slept about 24 hours straight, with a few launches in between) because the dream was more real than the reality.

So I would like to thank all of my friends who came with me on the trip, and all 85 000 thousand people (many of who are members of Zootopia) who attended each of the two Dublin shows I went to. Without you I wouldn’t have had the experience I had.

You are the true enablers of my dream. You made the dream as great as it was.

I am now looking forward to the upcoming leg as much as I was looking forward to going to Dublin one year and 8 days ago. While it will not be the same, even feeling again half of what I felt last year will make this year’s shows an unforgettable experience.

• Subscriber

You can never experience a first time more than once and the first it's always the one to last longer in your memories but I do hope that in the future you'll be happy of this coming shows and I wish you the people you're going to meet will be your friends for ever :)

• Subscriber

Next time they play in Ireland, I'll be there at any cost. It's a really special place to see the band. After all it's home and we all love home.

• Subscriber

I was as lucky as you Kris being able to go and see U2 in Dublin last year too, and I know what you mean about it staying with you for so long. This year will be the first time that i will see them on mainland europe and hoping that wwill be as magical too

• Subscriber

I was as lucky as you Kris being able to go and see U2 in Dublin last year too, and I know what you mean about it staying with you for so long. This year will be the first time that i will see them on mainland europe and hoping that wwill be as magical too

It will be magical. There's just something about doing things outside your home country.

• Subscriber

2 things i never did: seeing u2 in ireland and seeing them in my own country.... which isnt that strange cause last year was my first real concert too! (after watching the concert-dvd's again and agian for all those years....sigh) and i went to A'dam cause they didnt do belgium.

gonna see them in paris and brussels this year, and maybe ireland next year?? who knows? if they go there, maybe after the north-american (or maybe even australia?!) -leg, i will try to get tix for sure.... thats if i can convince my love (but since he was singing 'no line' while working on the floors upstairs couple of minutes ago, i have good hopes wink.gif)

• Subscriber

Wonderful to read these and Kristaps I know what you mean! I am counting down to the anniversary of Wembley in mid August, gonna have a celebration of my own! It was like a dream that weekend, it took me weeks to come down to earth and I was in a dream for months after thinking about it, smiling from ear to ear, remembering how magical it was, it was just the most amazing weekend, I will never forget it. I so wish I was going again soon but will have to bide my time in the hope they play a date closer to home.  I would love to see them in Dublin, that must have been truly amazing.smile.gif

• Subscriber
Which shows are yoi going to?

• Subscriber

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

Zhivvy']I was as lucky as you Kris being able to go and see U2 in Dublin last year too, and I know what you mean about it staying with you for so long. This year will be the first time that i will see them on mainland europe and hoping that wwill be as magical too

Which shows are yoi going to?

you can check the count-down-thread, kris. then you know where some of the zootops are hanging out this summer!