akrobata

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

yes they have to!!! especially wen i see them in denver
Acrobat would be nice, wouldn't it? And for your first show! I can't wait to see the look on your face when we get to the Denver show! smile.gif

What would be great, would be fans picking the songs for part of the set list. Here's how:

1. Have all the regulars in there...Streets, The Unforgettable Fire, Magnificent, etc....

2. Throughout the setlist, they should have slots where there's a choice for fans to pick a song, out of a group of like say 3 songs. They should group it according to either the era or type of song (ballad, rock, or acoustic) Voting should take place just before they perform the song, and determined by crowd noise level....use dB meters (decimal level readers, placed throughout the stadium) to determine which is the favorite. They can even split it up where the first voting is for the fans behind the stage, the 2nd to the right side, the 3rd being the left, and the 4th being GA area. With digital technology, it's easy to recall a lot of the production.

Example:

Group 1: Wire, God II or Mofo. (Voted by level sections behind the stage and behind FOH)

Group 2: Acrobat, Red Hill Mining Town or Tomorrow. (Voted by right side)

Group 3: Electrical Storm, Blue Room or Drowning Man. (Voted by left side)

Group 4: Stay, Stuck In A Moment or Seconds....all acoustic. (Voted by GA/Red Zone)

That way, there's more fan interactivity, and the setlist will be more interesting. I'm pretty sure the band would like this! Talk about making a stadium show a more intimate setting. If anyone were to do it, U2 would be it!

• Subscriber

I like the idea of playing a "rotation" of some songs....I think there should always be a main set that is always played and a group of songs that is rotated....therefore fans who go to multiple shows get a different experience...

Vertigo was the closet of playing a rotation of songs....Every show I went to was a different experience...Very cool....

yes with vertigo, i am fortunate enough to see them in chicago 3 nights in a row, with all three, entirely different setlists, different order of the songs (the hits werent played at the same slot of the show each night) love and peace opened one night and COBL the next, some songs were played one night and not the other two.

the thing they did do is have slots which would have a selection of songs rotated in, like there were two boy slots, one night it was electric co and an cat duh, the next it was gloria (yes i know october) and the ocean.

i dont mind that, having a slot for a song from an album (in fact it would be pretty nice to have for an album like ATYCLB or Bomb).  i also like having different songs open. i still think COBL is their strongest opener ever -- thats the songs strength, when its in the middle its just kinda there. so if that were to open every night, wouldnt complain.

also i really like the anticipation build up opener much more than the walk out and start playing opener. breathe is not a good opener. but unknown caller would have that anticipation build up to open. even Fez. but given the situation of the stage, its kind of hard to do that kind of opening. I think boots would make a better opener than breathe.
and they should not start the shows with an unreleased song, that would throw everyone off for worse.