get the f*** out of here!!!!

voxxiegirl

• Subscriber

why don people understand that there's a difference between 'from' and 'at'?

for example: yesterday i informed a patients family; you're mother will be coming home tomorrow. can you pick her up?

on their question what time she could leave, i say: from 2pm onwards the resignation-forms and medication will be ready (part of those forms are printed by the doctors-office and sent to us, the other part has to be typed and printed at our unit) as soon as she gets these and her medication, she can leave.

so today at 2pm this son is waiting at our desk, asking if he can take his mom home. our secretary, (working with us her first week!) tells him she's not ready yet, we will bring everything to her room as soon as it is... he says: they told me yesterday i could take her home at 2pm! my car is parked in a non-parking space in front of the hospital, and my very young child is home alone! i cant wait for it!

at this time i walked by and heard him, i answer him; i didnt say at 2pm, sir, i said patients can leave from 2pm when they have forms and meds. he starts bout the car again, so i tell him he'd better move it, cause police have been writing tickets recently for cars parked in this spot. he askes to hurry, cause he better not have a parking fine...(making it sound as if it would be OUR fault!). so secretary tells him she will start preparing it after making some urgent phonecalls. guy not happy...

can t believe those people! if you have a child thats too young to be left alone, then don leave it! if you don wanna parking fine, then don park your car in a non-parking area!

then i remebered being in the store where we bought our new tiles couple of weeks ago and the saleswoman got a phonecall. 'they told us they were gonna deliver our order from 5pm, its now 5.15 and they still havent come!'  so the girl explains 'from' 5pm could just as well be 5.30 or 6pm... but the person on the phone says he has an appointment at quarter to 6...

is it just a question of impatience, or do people really not get the concept 'from that time onwards'??

grrrrrr......

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why don people understand that there's a difference between 'from' and 'at'?

for example: yesterday i informed a patients family; you're mother will be coming home tomorrow. can you pick her up?

on their question what time she could leave, i say: from 2pm onwards the resignation-forms and medication will be ready (part of those forms are printed by the doctors-office and sent to us, the other part has to be typed and printed at our unit) as soon as she gets these and her medication, she can leave.

so today at 2pm this son is waiting at our desk, asking if he can take his mom home. our secretary, (working with us her first week!) tells him she's not ready yet, we will bring everything to her room as soon as it is... he says: they told me yesterday i could take her home at 2pm! my car is parked in a non-parking space in front of the hospital, and my very young child is home alone! i cant wait for it!

at this time i walked by and heard him, i answer him; i didnt say at 2pm, sir, i said patients can leave from 2pm when they have forms and meds. he starts bout the car again, so i tell him he'd better move it, cause police have been writing tickets recently for cars parked in this spot. he askes to hurry, cause he better not have a parking fine...(making it sound as if it would be OUR fault!). so secretary tells him she will start preparing it after making some urgent phonecalls. guy not happy...

can t believe those people! if you have a child thats too young to be left alone, then don leave it! if you don wanna parking fine, then don park your car in a non-parking area!

then i remebered being in the store where we bought our new tiles couple of weeks ago and the saleswoman got a phonecall. 'they told us they were gonna deliver our order from 5pm, its now 5.15 and they still havent come!'  so the girl explains 'from' 5pm could just as well be 5.30 or 6pm... but the person on the phone says he has an appointment at quarter to 6...

is it just a question of impatience, or do people really not get the concept 'from that time onwards'??

grrrrrr......

Sorry Babs, but I can understand where the guy is coming from... if you say that someone can be picked up FROM 2pm onwards, that also means that that person can be picked up AT 2pm or anytime after that.  If you didn't mean for them to come at 2pm, then state a time that is more reasonable I.E. FROM 3pm.... happy.gif  This would mean that you would get less stressed out... the guy picking up his mother would be less annoyd ... and his mother would be picked up right on time... AT 3pm or any time there after! happy.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='mummy wrote:

barbara1']why don people understand that there's a difference between 'from' and 'at'?

grrrrrr......

Sorry Babs, but I can understand where the guy is coming from... if you say that someone can be picked up FROM 2pm onwards, that also means that that person can be picked up AT 2pm or anytime after that.  If you didn't mean for them to come at 2pm, then state a time that is more reasonable I.E. FROM 3pm.... happy.gif  This would mean that you would get less stressed out... the guy picking up his mother would be less annoyd ... and his mother would be picked up right on time... AT 3pm or any time there after! happy.gif

the way you put it , it sounds right, mummy. but i swear, its a language-thing. i see that now. cause in dutch saying 'papers will be prepared from 2pm' or 'at 2pm' its a real difference. and its hospital-rule to say people can leave after 2pm (see, thats another translation: 'after'..... think i made it hard on myself, trying to translate this situation... )

as for saying 3pm; i bet if we would say that, and people would have forms and medication closer to 2pm, they would stress and go: but my family isnt gonna be here till 3!?

Well, do you want to hear something evil. Hear this. My cousin, who now is married to my late sister Hilda's stepson, had her sister, murdered, he put gas on her, she was very very pretty, as are my other relatives, the stepfather burned her, she died, only 3-4 streets from my home, the mothers husband, her stepfather, wanted her as a woman for himself. She refused and thats what he did to her, put gasoline on her. Than, my friend Lidia, from school, her step father killed her boyfriend, chopped him up in pieces and put him in a garbage bag, dumped him, he was found in the place where the garbage is taken. why? he wanted her to get into a deep relationship with him.

And then, there was my friend (I'll call her by my name," signifying a a name / flower", we were best friends in school, one day, this young man, very well dressed, with a corvetter, Red, he would come to school where Flower and I jogged everyday 5 lapse, but he would show up exactly during Gym. Well, I had no interest in him, but he build an interest for Flower, . Flower also had Mig interested in her. I was not interested in anyone in school. I was an academic one. joined every club in school. Well, one day, Flower Asked me, Rosa, which of the two you think I should pick, as my boyfriend, I told her, well, the corvette one, since we knew his mother, I thought he was too prepared, not going to school, ganging out, always dressed up, I was not impressed by him, because I asked myself, why is he here everyday, why is he not in school, so I asnwered Flower, I think Mig, I think that he, thought no extravagant, is better for you. Something about Mr. Red Corvette, made me fell untrust of him, something just didn't feel right.

Well, about approx. 2-3 years later, somewhere around there, he took a blade, slashed the throat of his mother, and said it was the devil who made him do it. But, he was under the influece of illegal substances as everybody said. He was his mother's only son, her love, she adored her son. Took very good care of him, and this is what happened. This would make me say, "What On God's name is happening".

Isn't this something evil? That would get a "What on God's holy name is this?. I can't curse, but I undertand, that certain things are just mind boggling. When a woman says no is no, not yes or maybe.  A woman knows by instinct whom she is in love with or wants as a man, a freind. I don't like pressures. Love is blind, and this soul is bound to something, someone greator than I am.

I felt horrible, the other day, a man was walking up the street about 3:30 pm, he was walking with a child no more than 5 years old. It was very hot, and this man, was spanking him, he appeared tired, he was crying, and this man, the fool, he should have carried him into the building. The child was very upset, he looked the way one looks when under the hot sun, high humidity, I felt awful. Its evil. Children are beautiful, they are lights amongst us. Innocense which we the adults have to protect. I love children and the young ones, the youth. I think of them as newbie flowers in the garden, just beginning to open, we should take care of them, protect them. That man was evil. I still feel bad today.

Realmawake

I felt horrible, the other day, a man was walking up the street about 3:30 pm, he was walking with a child no more than 5 years old. It was very hot, and this man, was spanking him, he appeared tired, he was crying, and this man, the fool, he should have carried him into the building. The child was very upset, he looked the way one looks when under the hot sun, high humidity, I felt awful. Its evil. Children are beautiful, they are lights amongst us. Innocense which we the adults have to protect. I love children and the young ones, the youth. I think of them as newbie flowers in the garden, just beginning to open, we should take care of them, protect them. That man was evil. I still feel bad today.

Realmawake

Whenever I see something like this going down, I shake my head and think to myself there are some people who should've never had kids because if one doesn't have the patience for them what's the point since children often learn their behavior from their parents. 

Well, do you want to hear something evil. Hear this. My cousin, who now is married to my late sister Hilda's stepson, had her sister, murdered, he put gas on her, she was very very pretty, as are my other relatives, the stepfather burned her, she died, only 3-4 streets from my home, the mothers husband, her stepfather, wanted her as a woman for himself. She refused and thats what he did to her, put gasoline on her. Than, my friend Lidia, from school, her step father killed her boyfriend, chopped him up in pieces and put him in a garbage bag, dumped him, he was found in the place where the garbage is taken. why? he wanted her to get into a deep relationship with him.

And then, there was my friend (I'll call her by my name," signifying a a name / flower", we were best friends in school, one day, this young man, very well dressed, with a corvetter, Red, he would come to school where Flower and I jogged everyday 5 lapse, but he would show up exactly during Gym. Well, I had no interest in him, but he build an interest for Flower, . Flower also had Mig interested in her. I was not interested in anyone in school. I was an academic one. joined every club in school. Well, one day, Flower Asked me, Rosa, which of the two you think I should pick, as my boyfriend, I told her, well, the corvette one, since we knew his mother, I thought he was too prepared, not going to school, ganging out, always dressed up, I was not impressed by him, because I asked myself, why is he here everyday, why is he not in school, so I asnwered Flower, I think Mig, I think that he, thought no extravagant, is better for you. Something about Mr. Red Corvette, made me fell untrust of him, something just didn't feel right.

Well, about approx. 2-3 years later, somewhere around there, he took a blade, slashed the throat of his mother, and said it was the devil who made him do it. But, he was under the influece of illegal substances as everybody said. He was his mother's only son, her love, she adored her son. Took very good care of him, and this is what happened. This would make me say, "What On God's name is happening".

Isn't this something evil? That would get a "What on God's holy name is this?. I can't curse, but I undertand, that certain things are just mind boggling. When a woman says no is no, not yes or maybe.  A woman knows by instinct whom she is in love with or wants as a man, a freind. I don't like pressures. Love is blind, and this soul is bound to something, someone greator than I am.

I can curse and feel the need to..
You've personally experienced some of the sickest fucking acts a so called human can inflict on another.
Your faith is amazing,commendable in fact.
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what you've written..so will say no more...except, bless you.

• Subscriber

I KNOW I don't have much patience with kids, and I'm smart enough not to have them... even though it took my mom ages to get the concept.

The people who bug me the most are those who hide behind religion as a way to justify prejudice (ie, sexism or homophobia, or even racism. I've seen examples of all of the above.) Also, I have to agree that men who stalk/hurt women are about the lowest form of life there is.

I got pissed off the other day when I saw Tyra Banks overreact (during a rerun) at a contestant who wouldn't give her the satisfaction of her crying as the other contestants do when she was being eliminated.

The part which really got me is when tyrant told this girl to take responsibility for her own life which came across as sickeningly hypocritical on tyra's behalf.

It's hypocritical because all these supermodels did to get their start was walk around as Lolitas when they were discovered by some talent scout/pervert.

As a result of seeing this clip I lost all respect for these supermodels especially the ones who single-out and bully those who are less fortunate just to make themselves look good.

By the way, here's a link to the clip of tyra banks behaving as a bully and she should be ashamed of herself for this sick little stunt.