get the f*** out of here!!!!

voxxiegirl

• Subscriber

There was something that pissed me off a couple of weeks ago. Reading this thread somehow made me think of it.

So, I work for the LA Public Library. Well, we've been repeatedly hit with cuts to our budget. Because of the cuts, we've had to reduce our hours 3 times since December. We've also had to lay off roughly 150 people. The last reduction in hours was because of the layoffs. There are now not enough people to keep the library open 6 days a week. We are now only open from Tuesday - Saturday. Now while this does piss me off, this is not the thing that pissed me off. What pissed me off is that some lady comes in and is waiting for a bus and starts talking to me. She starts telling me how she's not sorry that we had to eliminate our Monday service hours. She even goes as far as to say that there are actually too many libraries and that there should be fewer. She said that people can just get into their cars and just go to a farther away library in a different city. She thinks that there doesn't need to be so many libraries because no one's using them anyway. There were no people in line to check out books when she came in, and so she thinks that no one uses the library. Nevermind the fact that all of our computers were being used at the time and that all of the tables were nearly full of people reading, writing, or working on their laptop computers. The craziest part was that after telling me that there are too many libraries and that she wasn't sorry about the loss of an entire service day, she said that she is a supporter of the library. I didn't know what to say, so I just walked away before I said something that would get me into trouble.

If a person is going to think like that, well that's their right. However, she should really think about who she's talking to before she opens her mouth. You don't walk into a library and say to the workers that there are too many and that more should be closed. That's just plain rude and disrespectful!!mad.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic