Dear U2.com

Panth

You guys, when did you become a blog? And not a music blog, but a psychological, therapy blog.

Tonight I have seen one thread about U2, music, tour, the fact they rehearsed a new song, a new song! And only one person responded, me.

Now, I am not prone to reminiscence, or long winded threads or posts. In fact I generally just attack someone for being stupid and then leave.  My time away from here has probably made Baja breathe easier.

But really u2.com? Really?  Do we just not do that anymore?  Does U2 need to make another album and tour that pisses off the old 'you should have seen them then' fans?

signed, a member with his bass guitar up his own ass.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight I have seen one thread about U2, music, tour, the fact they rehearsed a new song, a new song! And only one person responded, me.

signed, a member with his bass guitar up his own ass.

Panth, remove the guitar and have a drink.

In fairness, you responded quickly to this post - so how can you say only one person responded to it??

You're not being fair here!!

I responded to your rant in the U2 song thread...but here it is again incase you do not see it. I'm not having a go at you, you are entitled to your opinion - but I disagree and just like to put my opinion forward.

Based on what you are saying the forum should be solely based on U2, then get rid of the General forum... get rid of the heart and minds/political forum, get rid of the cooking forum...and all the other general forums.

Zootopians will only be allowed to talk about U2 and anything U2 related - so there is no need for these other forums.

And the moderators should have the priveleges to delete anything that deviates from U2.

panth: the world doesn't revolve around U2... but you're right, maybe U2.com should. It seems like you believe that.

• Subscriber

i know what you mean, the general forum section is just a joke, all these stupid threads that are completely pointless, that turn the site into the coffee house mothers gathering. the music is gone, the real discussions are gone, now its all just "how do you feel about this issue in my life?", oh hugs everyone, "what do you make of this?"

i dont think for this though, its not u2.com thats done it, i think its some others

• Subscriber

All you have to do...if you want threads in the U2 forum about U2...ius start them!!!!! It is a general forum and therefore anything generally can be put in there. At least somebody has the drive to start the 'pointless'.....otherwise there would be alot more emptiness here.......

this is a fan site where people are freinds who repsect each other who care sorry if that bugs you but lets face it what is their to talk about much on this site apart from U2 doing a tour?

Plus not many people come here anymore I hardly do not sure why but yes!

I think when the tour starts this week i'll be around more

Plus Panth don't you think that when you attack people in threads it may actually put them off responding to you??

Just a thought

oh my god.. he wasnt saying fans cant talk about non-u2 shit. he's just saying its funny how all this new u2 stuff was going on yesterday and seemed like no one on here gave a crap. its on all the other u2 sites and being a big deal and people getting super excited, but on here there was like maybe one, small.. kinda subtle thing about it and everyones going on about other crap and just seems like u2.com just doesnt seem to put much effort anymore or interest even in the message board (at lease the free section....?). meanwhile.. 7 years ago ... even 5 years ago.. this would have been making 20 threads. the main page is also kinda just... 2 weeks behind on everything when interference and atu2.com have all kinds of updates and neat stuff and u2.com just posts it a week or two later or shows a little 30 second video of an edge rehearsal guitar jam.

i know what you mean, the general forum section is just a joke, all these stupid threads that are completely pointless, that turn the site into the coffee house mothers gathering. the music is gone, the real discussions are gone, now its all just "how do you feel about this issue in my life?", oh hugs everyone, "what do you make of this?"

i dont think for this though, its not u2.com thats done it, i think its some others

no, its also u2.com as well on their home page and news updates. and what they put in for the subscribers. interference and atu2.com will have all of this other stuff and neat discussion and updates... and info.. and u2.com gets lazy about it. or 2 weeks slow. 

and yeah... there can be excitement shown on here and passion about the band and the new rehearsed stuff, but not on here. the point is... where'd all the excitement go? either people bitch and whine and analyze it to  death, negatively... 

nobody is saying that the offtopic shouldnt be there or no one should talk offtopic.. no... just seems t be all that there is anymore and AS stuff IS going on.. everyones going on about potted plants or hair.