Beautiful Day New Tour Opener?

MacFoley

• Subscriber

Also being rehearsed was "Tryin' To Throw Yours Arms Around the World,"and quite notably "Beautiful Day" was played as the first song afterthe tour's traditional "Space Oddity" intro, and was also playedfollowing "Soon," the tour's traditional lead-in as U2 takes the stage.U2place.com says that a tour crew member told fans that "Beautiful Day"will be the opening song.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='voxxiegirl wrote:

Kristaps']Don't they always open with a track from the latest album?

That is what I thought too.

Have they ever opened with Magnificent?? I think Magnificent would make a great opening.

exactly, voxie! i was in the car yesterday listening to NLOTH and i was talking with my love about how i thought magnificent had one of the best intro's EVER! i don know bout the rest of you, but when i hear it, i feel butterflies in my belly! it creates a feeling of expectation and longing... i can imagine being at the show, the intro being played, and filled with excitement waiting till the guys burst out: MAGNIFICENT! OH-OH-OH-MAGNIFICENT!

that would feel so right!

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

voxxiegirl wrote:

Have they ever opened with Magnificent?? I think Magnificent would make a great opening.

exactly, voxie! i was in the car yesterday listening to NLOTH and i was talking with my love about how i thought magnificent had one of the best intro's EVER! i don know bout the rest of you, but when i hear it, i feel butterflies in my belly! it creates a feeling of expectation and longing... i can imagine being at the show, the intro being played, and filled with excitement waiting till the guys burst out: MAGNIFICENT! OH-OH-OH-MAGNIFICENT!

I too think that Magnificent would be a great show opener! great opening bars etc...

(and Barbara it would make you think of my big fat ass!!!tongue.gif)

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

voxxiegirl wrote:

I too think that Magnificent would be a great show opener! great opening bars etc...

(and Barbara it would make you think of my big fat ass!!!tongue.gif)

see! i was saying that too, to hans yesterday... but i was carefull not to repeat it on here, but since you brought it up yourself! lol!

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

voxxiegirl wrote:

(and Barbara it would make you think of my big fat ass!!!
tongue.gif
)

see! i was saying that too, to hans yesterday... but i was carefull not to repeat it on here, but since you brought it up yourself! lol!

It would be like I am there with you!

barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

voxxiegirl wrote:

tongue.gif
)

what fat ass are you talking about? yours fell off during the 5K! You even got a medal to prove it!

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1']

tongue.gif
)

what fat ass are you talking about? yours fell off during the 5K! You even got a medal to prove it!

Lol!!! Still not gone totally but getting smaller lol! if you remember I have a line from Magnificent tattooed on my lower back so nearly my ass - so I can now say that my bum is 'magnificent' and when watching 360 with Barbara and Bono said the line about getting up of your big fat asses she said that it was for me!! So the joke started from there! I like the idea of Bono thinking that my bum is magnificent and asking me to get up off it and dance with him makes me very happy!

• Subscriber

xtraspicy62 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1']

tongue.gif
)

Lol!!! Still not gone totally but getting smaller lol! if you remember I have a line from Magnificent tattooed on my lower back so nearly my ass - so I can now say that my bum is 'magnificent' and when watching 360 with Barbara and Bono said the line about getting up of your big fat asses she said that it was for me!! So the joke started from there! I like the idea of Bono thinking that my bum is magnificent and asking me to get up off it and dance with him makes me very happy!

And Barbara wasn't saying I had a fat bum! I just managed to twist her innocent comment around about Bono wanting to dance with me into her being a meanie lol!