Great Expectations

Redhead11

• Subscriber
Do you have any expectations for the new tour? 

Ex. Songs you wanna hear 
   Songs you don't wanna hear
   New stage stuff/videos
 Etc. 

It could be anything! 
Personally, I just want an epic show. But I must hear City of Blinding Lights smile.gif

Post your thoughts here. 

My expectations: drop With Or Without You, In A Little While, Stuck In A Moment, Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and MLK. Replace them with fresh ones like: HMTMKMKM, Mofo, Walk On, God II, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Out Of Control and Drowning Man....stadium rock songs!

• Subscriber

i wouldnt mind seeing city of blinding lights get a rest. redhead i donno if you've ever seen them live so i could see why you are so excited for it -- it was the song of the vertigo tour for me

the thing about it tho, is that musically, its strength is as a show opener. (watch the chicago vertigo dvd -- i still am at a loss for words,those three were the best U2 shows i've ever seen). but when the song is in the middle of the setlist, its really just more there than anything. personally it isnt much of an experience when its just tossed into the set around Vertigo.

now that ***SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER***

beautiful day appears to be the opener of the next leg, there is some hope. maybe they will start playing non-NLOTH songs to open, maybe COBL, making really one of their best live songs ever.

for the rest of the tour i would like to see some of Pop played. not a huge fan of HMTMKMKM or discotheque.

i more like please, mofo, velvet dress, last night on earth, and Gone (!!!)

i would love to see the fly. that is my favorite live U2 song just cause of the energy you feel during that song. U2 at their finest.

Even better than the real thing would also be great, mysterious ways could take a break -- love it but wasnt wild about the North America performances of it last fall for some reason. Zoo Station would be fantastic.

the first time, running to stand still and ***SPOILER*** miss sarajevo (which looks to be coming back).

the thing with miss s that i love is how Bono adapted the lyrics to fit a present day political world -- love the vertigo milan recording.

if we're talking rarities to see hands down my votes are for please, mothers of the disappeared, scarlet but most of all New York and When I look at the world.

• Subscriber

i wouldnt mind seeing city of blinding lights get a rest. redhead i donno if you've ever seen them live so i could see why you are so excited for it -- it was the song of the vertigo tour for me

the thing about it tho, is that musically, its strength is as a show opener. (watch the chicago vertigo dvd -- i still am at a loss for words,those three were the best U2 shows i've ever seen). but when the song is in the middle of the setlist, its really just more there than anything. personally it isnt much of an experience when its just tossed into the set around Vertigo.

now that ***SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER***

beautiful day appears to be the opener of the next leg, there is some hope. maybe they will start playing non-NLOTH songs to open, maybe COBL, making really one of their best live songs ever.

for the rest of the tour i would like to see some of Pop played. not a huge fan of HMTMKMKM or discotheque.

i more like please, mofo, velvet dress, last night on earth, and Gone (!!!)

i would love to see the fly. that is my favorite live U2 song just cause of the energy you feel during that song. U2 at their finest.

Even better than the real thing would also be great, mysterious ways could take a break -- love it but wasnt wild about the North America performances of it last fall for some reason. Zoo Station would be fantastic.

the first time, running to stand still and ***SPOILER*** miss sarajevo (which looks to be coming back).

the thing with miss s that i love is how Bono adapted the lyrics to fit a present day political world -- love the vertigo milan recording.

if we're talking rarities to see hands down my votes are for please, mothers of the disappeared, scarlet but most of all New York and When I look at the world.

yeahh I've seen City of Blinding Lights live. it's my favorite song, so you could see why i love it smile.gif And i really really want running to stand still

• Subscriber

ye, i would really love to see like the second half of the Joshua tree return (Running to stand still, one tree hill, in gods country, mothers and debut red hill). whenever they play JT live, its like the first four tracks and thats it.

• Subscriber

More Pop from my part, and less greatest hits (WOWY, One) and boring live songs (Stuck in a Moment, In a Little While) I'd love to see more songs from the earlier years as well, no mention of Boy in its 30th anniversary!