Disappointed in Bono

silkspectre

I'm just disappointed that Bono attended Alicia Keys' wedding to Swiss Beatz. Alicia got involved with a married man who had a child.  In other words, she destroyed an entire family.  This was how she ended up pregnant in the first place.  Adultery is adultery.  It doesn't matter who you are or how rich and famous.  I thought Bono had better standards and some sense of right and wrong.  I thought he was the poster boy for ethics and morals.  The fact that so many people condone this type of behavior is scary.  I don't care if it's 2010.  It's just wrong.

I'm also disappointed that my concert wad cancelled.  That, however, was unavoidable and forgiveable. 

Just being honest. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

some good point you bring up. but bono hung around michael hutchance who we all know did some very dark things. you say adultery is adultery, where its a sin. what michael did was a sin, does that mean bono shouldnt hang around with these people?

lets turn the table and say you cant hang around with bono because he is a doo gooder. it just doesnt add up.

but bono has changed over the years. more people dislike u2 because of bono's contradictions. but i aint going to lose any sleep over it because it u2 i like. what bono does offstage is whatever he does. i dont agree with what he has done. i think actually meeting up with a war criminal like tony blair and bush is an even bigger smack in the face than going to alicia keys wedding. suppose meeting blair and bush was for raising money for aid, but still.

• Subscriber
I'm just disappointed that Bono attended Alicia Keys' wedding to Swiss Beatz. Alicia got involved with a married man who had a child.  In other words, she destroyed an entire family.  This was how she ended up pregnant in the first place.  Adultery is adultery.  It doesn't matter who you are or how rich and famous.  I thought Bono had better standards and some sense of right and wrong.  I thought he was the poster boy for ethics and morals.  The fact that so many people condone this type of behavior is scary.  I don't care if it's 2010.  It's just wrong.

I'm also disappointed that my concert wad cancelled.  That, however, was unavoidable and forgiveable. 

Just being honest. 

Morality Police Alert! C'mon, a little judgemental are we? Are you basing your opinion on what you gather to be the truth from what you've read in a tabloid newspaper? Yeah fine, adultery sucks but I'm guessing that you don't really know the personal details of Alicia Keys' relationship. There could be a lot more to the situation than what is published in the media and frankly, it isn't anyones business but those who are involved.

I understand your point of view because I know a couple of guys who's wives farted around on them and it crushed them emotionally.

As for the Bono and company, there were times where I've had a beef with Bono and the boys (I'll spare the details), but I snap out of it by remembering they're only human.

That makes no sense at all to me. I think the Lord knows what he's doing and it's not mine, yours, or anyones place to judge...I just honestly believe everything that happens like those situations, happens in the Lords making and way and so it is. I've been married 25 years next month and seen it all LOL, all things work out according to the Lords plan, not mans. Straight up. PS-not putting down your values or beliefs, just along with those beliefs try not to judge to harshly.

• Subscriber

I can respect your opinion, since everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, it is not our place to judge someone like that. Do you know all the facts and details, or as someone else suggested, are you getting your information from some tabloid outlet? If that is the case, you can't always believe what you read, especially the tabloids. Even if it were true, you expect Bono to turn his back on his friends because they did something that he might not agree with? That seems a bit harsh. No one is perfect.

yes, adultery is wrong, tis true...

now let me tell ya a little story

this woman was caught in adultery

she was dragged out to an open area to be stoned to death

by the "morality police" of the time

some dude named jesus stopped by

he posed a question to them:

if any of you have no sin, then let them cast a stone...

they pondered the question

and realized that, no, none of them was truely without any sin themselves!

so they all walked away

and didnt murder her...

then jesus asked her, "does no one condem you?"

she said, "no"

and jesus said, "neither do I"...

and, "go and sin no more"

In other words, no one is perfect, learn from your mistakes, and try your best to do better!

hey, sounds good to me!