Disappointed in Bono

silkspectre

• Subscriber

dear spicy, i love how you related all this the story bout jesus and the first stone. that was a very wise way to react to the OP's complaints. and yes, jesus didnt judge people for being only human and sinners....

i was in this religious group for years and what had always annoyed me was the social control. i saw sweet men and women who suddenly left their partner for another love or who outed themselves for being gay and then watched how all these believers who claimed they all loved eachother like brothers and sisters would turn their back to these men and women and judge them... (anyone saw the movie 'the scarlet lettre'? )

and i never made the effort to make friends within this group, cause i prefer friends who stick with you , even if one day i would leave my husband for another love ...male OR female. i would expect my true friends to accept me and my personal choices. and i expect only god himself to judge me and my actions.

so to me this story makes bono a true friend. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
PS-jesus was the ultimate hypocrite---he hung around with all of those sinners!! what? ate with prostitutes and touched lepors?

so the morality police put him to death...

Correct you there , he was no hypocrite but he hung around them to save them by asking them to repent , after all he died for sinners to ask for forgiveness for repenters , but your spoton about your first post :o)

I'm just disappointed that Bono attended Alicia Keys' wedding to Swiss Beatz. Alicia got involved with a married man who had a child.  In other words, she destroyed an entire family. 

So Swiss Beatz had no hand in destroying his family?

Why is it always the other woman that is blamed? She didn't impregnate herself. He's just as big a douche as she is.

[quote name='danger_girl wrote:

silkspectre']I'm just disappointed that Bono attended Alicia Keys' wedding to Swiss Beatz. Alicia got involved with a married man who had a child.  In other words, she destroyed an entire family. 

So Swiss Beatz had no hand in destroying his family?

Why is it always the other woman that is blamed? She didn't impregnate herself. He's just as big a douche as she is.

I agree because it takes two to make a baby besides I wouldn't be surprised if Swiss Beatz turns around and messes around on Alicia a couple years down the road because you know the saying"once a cheater always a cheater" is a very true one.

So? Bono is friends with Alicia Keys, and who are we to judge him for that, or even her?

I hate it when people become self righteous as if they've never done something bad or stupid.

So OP, get over yourself.

Ahhhh life. So many choices to make and so easy to F up ...

I may disagree with some things that other people do, but I'm getting better and better at not judging as life goes on because all I have to do is think back on a few loser moves I made and it all balances out pretty quickly!

Where I draw the line, I suppose, is putting my money toward someone who is violent such as Mike Tyson who has been known to beat women. That kind of person does not get my hard earned dollars no matter how genius they are at something.

But, if I thought I could get money OUT of HIM for a good cause like fighting AIDS in Africa, I'd be knocking on his door today. I'd slap on a smile and shake his hand and everything.

Does that make me an exploiter? I suppose so, but if it's for a cause with greater good, sign me up!

• Subscriber

Don't be so quick with your judgement silkspectre

So you are disappointed in Bono.... and now what?

you going to write him a letter and tell him off?

Respect people's decisions for whatever reason and dont make such a big deal out of this

• Subscriber

who would he associate/be friends with then?

Bono isn't responsible for other people's actions.

married men should be held accountable.

what comes around goes around. if he cheated with her, he'll cheat on her! None of Bono's business/responsibility, or ours.

edited for typos. geesh... 

• Subscriber

I agree with Spicy. I also agree that Bono is not responsible for what others do. Who knows what he's thinking, and why does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Sorry, silkspectre, but I think you have a little too much time on your hands.