Disappointed in Bono

silkspectre

I agree with Spicy. I also agree that Bono is not responsible for what others do. Who knows what he's thinking, and why does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Sorry, silkspectre, but I think you have a little too much time on your hands.
suddenly, linneaS, i can hear Styx playing in my head...Too Much time On My Hands...i think thats one of their songs....i know ive heard them sing it..

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dear spicy, i love how you related all this the story bout jesus and the first stone. that was a very wise way to react to the OP's complaints. and yes, jesus didnt judge people for being only human and sinners....

i was in this religious group for years and what had always annoyed me was the social control. i saw sweet men and women who suddenly left their partner for another love or who outed themselves for being gay and then watched how all these believers who claimed they all loved eachother like brothers and sisters would turn their back to these men and women and judge them... (anyone saw the movie 'the scarlet lettre'? )

and i never made the effort to make friends within this group, cause i prefer friends who stick with you , even if one day i would leave my husband for another love ...male OR female. i would expect my true friends to accept me and my personal choices. and i expect only god himself to judge me and my actions.

so to me this story makes bono a true friend. 

you are so right about bono...he is a true friend....he looks past any short comings, and is the first to admit his own...

he can laugh at himself and his "ego", and the whole rock star thingy...

hes fun and easy going....

I like him

[quote name='123love wrote:

xtraspicy62']PS-jesus was the ultimate hypocrite---he hung around with all of those sinners!! what? ate with prostitutes and touched lepors?

so the morality police put him to death...

Correct you there , he was no hypocrite but he hung around them to save them by asking them to repent , after all he died for sinners to ask for forgiveness for repenters , but your spoton about your first post :o)123love, I know he wasnt....I was being sarcastic..

I already know what u are speaking of

Jn 3:16

?!?

Since when did Bono become pure as driven snow?  Someone else has already nudged at Bono's willingness to kowtow to the Bush/Blair axis-of-awful team--and I'd say that being silent about the wars they launched (and the AFRICOM setup in Africa) as a trade-off for a bit of foreign aid that would no doubt have been doled out anyways...So.  Hmmm.   Doing the celebrity-wedding thing for a gal who's reportedly high-maintenance and a home-wrecker?  Annoying, but hardly a huge lapse of moral judgment. 

Then there's the etiquette side to this: Attending a wedding as a guest does not necessarily imply any approval or disapproval of the behavior of either the bride or groom (or their religion, political views, voting habits, etc.)  It's a wedding, not an opinion poll.

-- eaplatt

eaplatt, your point about the etiquette is a very good one...you are so very right..its a wedding!!

[quote name=LinneaS]I agree with Spicy. I also agree that Bono is not responsible for what others do. Who knows what he's thinking, and why does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Sorry, silkspectre, but I think you have a little too much time on your hands.

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

123love wrote:

xtraspicy62']PS-jesus was the ultimate hypocrite---he hung around with all of those sinners!! what? ate with prostitutes and touched lepors?

so the morality police put him to death...

Correct you there , he was no hypocrite but he hung around them to save them by asking them to repent , after all he died for sinners to ask for forgiveness for repenters , but your spoton about your first post
:o
)
123love, I know he wasnt....I was being sarcastic..

I already know what u are speaking of

Jn 3:16

But of course , repentance isnt in the mind for some in all things....................

• Subscriber

I'm just disappointed that Bono attended Alicia Keys' wedding to Swiss Beatz. Alicia got involved with a married man who had a child.  In other words, she destroyed an entire family.  This was how she ended up pregnant in the first place.  Adultery is adultery.  It doesn't matter who you are or how rich and famous.  I thought Bono had better standards and some sense of right and wrong.  I thought he was the poster boy for ethics and morals.  The fact that so many people condone this type of behavior is scary.  I don't care if it's 2010.  It's just wrong.

I'm also disappointed that my concert wad cancelled.  That, however, was unavoidable and forgiveable. 

Just being honest. 

by the way..it's SWIZZ Beatz..not Swiss...and Bono's sense of right and wrong has NOTHING to do with going to a friend's wedding......if he is your poster boy for ethics and morals...you need a good wake up call.

• Subscriber

Jesus Christ, is this a serious topic? It's no one's business but theirs. Why is it that so many people are only too happy to stick their noses into others' business but scream bloody murder the moment someone dares look at them? Get the fuck over it.

As far as business goes, Alicia Keys has a bad reputation with several roadies. She's in several 'black books' of who not to work with. From what I heard, she's unappreciative and difficult to work with. Has attitude and condescending. As for U2, their crew is happy to be working with them. Very humble and appreciative of what the crew does. Heck, we had a buffet for lunch, and endless amounts of drinks (unfortunately non-alcoholic...for the heat) on the job. And we're all given a shirt...which bands rarely do these days. As for the U2 road crew, I've never seen more bikes than this tour....I think there's like 50 bikes.
I bet the sound is deafening when they all start up at once, VROOOOOOM!  I love these little tidbits of info, thanks bflorendo.