what are your embarrassing moments?

zooropa_rockz

ok, so i got the idea for this thread after checking out Brian Parson's thread about embarassing U2 moments. but i thought it would be coolie to have just a normal embarrassing moment thread. i'd like to think there are people out there who have a bunch of them and im not the only one!tongue.gif 

Some of mine:

1. I have a job at my dad's office shreading old paper. so the other day i shread a huge stack and was feeling proud of myself. the next day a secratary came back and told me that the huge stack i shread wasen't supposed to be shreaded.

2. I was on vacation with my family and relatives. We were in a restaurant and i was leaning back in my chair and fell on the floor. my cousins never did let that drop. and it was 3 years ago!

3. Years ago when i was younger i was playing dogeball in gym and was running to avoid the ball. i banged into the cinderblock wall and got a huge bump on my head and had to go home. but i laugh about it now!

OK, you ready? go!

I was 4 years old and singing in a pre-school talent show.  The embarassing moment came when I fell over backwards during my song while shouting "help me daddy, help me daddy" (both parents were attending) when I tumbled over.

oh no! how did u fall over, did u trip or just stumble?

[quote name='zooropa_rockz wrote:

illumination70']   I was 4 years old and singing in a pre-school talent show.  The embarassing moment came when I fell over backwards during my song while shouting "help me daddy, help me daddy" (both parents were attending) when I tumbled over.

oh no! how did u fall over, did u trip or just stumble?

I stumbled.

I have felt embarrassment in my life.

My dad tried to teach me to not feel embarrassed about anything because everyone makes mistakes.

We tend to judge ourselves in a harsh light.

ugh.. I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words and sadly my dad is no longer around to get an exact quote from...damn i wish i could remember more.

At the time it was hard to except..possibly because I was much younger and it does seem true that the older you get the less you care about what other people think.

There was more to it...maybe it'll come to me later.

I'm not trying squash this thread.I know that there are moments in life that feel horryifying and never go away.

I have some pretty cringe worthy moments that despite my dads words of wisdom will forever haunt me.

I guess being overly sensitive and taking things too literally is fucking me again.

i'll just have to not feel embarrassed by it..

• Subscriber

if you have some time on your hands, go and read back in the 'somedays i'm so dumb'-thread... zhiv started that somewhere end of last year ... you will notice lots of us been through some embarrassing moments ourselves (luckily there werent always peeple around to watch wink.gif) its great fun telling bout them afterwards tho! lol!

something that happened to me: last week i noticed water didnt leave the kitchen-sink, so i was very pissed off, cause i was supposed to have my new kitchen by now, but things are being delayed.

my love wasnt home, but thank god for 16 year old sons (again!), so we emptied the cupboard underneath the sink and he dismantled the whole system of tubes....

took them outside to rinse and clean them and put them back together ( entire proces took almost an hour!!) then he said : go look outside mom, i'll let the tap run (to explain this, i should say we still have the old system in our kitchen where the water leaves the sink through the tubes and ends in a drain back of the house, which will be updated once the reconstruction is done) goin outside to wait for the water to flow in the drain i notice, somehow the tube -end moved and got queezed to the wall, the water couldnt reach the drain so that was why the water stayed in the sink...embarassed.gif

by this time my love came home and found me laughing with tears running down my cheecks...

if you have some time on your hands, go and read back in the 'somedays i'm so dumb'-thread... zhiv started that somewhere end of last year ... you will notice lots of us been through some embarrassing moments ourselves (luckily there werent always peeple around to watch wink.gif) its great fun telling bout them afterwards tho! lol!

something that happened to me: last week i noticed water didnt leave the kitchen-sink, so i was very pissed off, cause i was supposed to have my new kitchen by now, but things are being delayed.

my love wasnt home, but thank god for 16 year old sons (again!), so we emptied the cupboard underneath the sink and he dismantled the whole system of tubes....

took them outside to rinse and clean them and put them back together ( entire proces took almost an hour!!) then he said : go look outside mom, i'll let the tap run (to explain this, i should say we still have the old system in our kitchen where the water leaves the sink through the tubes and ends in a drain back of the house, which will be updated once the reconstruction is done) goin outside to wait for the water to flow in the drain i notice, somehow the tube -end moved and got queezed to the wall, the water couldnt reach the drain so that was why the water stayed in the sink...embarassed.gif

by this time my love came home and found me laughing with tears running down my cheecks...

hahaha that would be funny! i'll have 2 find that thread...i saw it one time....

• Subscriber

well not that embarrasing but kinda funny...

remember me? the muppet that lost her phone? i have a new one! and its even better, cause has an mp3-player too! so now all my u2 albums are on it! yeah!!

well, i had a hard time picking a ringtone, had to be uptempo and i wanted to hear b-mans voice from the very beginning of the song. so i went with When love comes to town. today at work we were briefing the nite-nurse and it was rahter quiet, visitors left, patients in bed... and all off a sudden, right next to us: YEA-EA-EA-EA-EA-EAH!! YEA-EA-EA-EAH!! all 3 of us ended up almost on top of the table! what a scare! i started laughing and said; oh!! its only my phone, in my safe! and my colleague looked at me and said: as if that needed any explanation! of course its YOUR phone, who else would have that ringtone??laugh.gif

it was my son calling me to ask if i would be coming home soon...