If I had a time machine...

voxxiegirl

I'd go back in time to when Hitler was a young lad and then take him in my time machine and bring him into the late 30s and then again I'd show him a quick snapshot of the whole WAR and then would finish showing him how he died and then I'd send him back to where he was growing up and hope he'd have had a change of thought...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mummy:

you always put things in the right perspective yay.gif

I just don't know how I'd get him into the time machine in the first place... would I have to coax him with sweets? ... would I be charged with kidnap when I brought him back? ...  it's a very delicate subject tongue.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='mummy wrote:

voxxiegirl']Mummy:

you always put things in the right perspective
yay.gif

I just don't know how I'd get him into the time machine in the first place... would I have to coax him with sweets? ... would I be charged with kidnap when I brought him back? ...  it's a very delicate subject tongue.gif

more like coax him with amphetamines......

I'd go back in time to when Hitler was a young lad and then take him in my time machine and bring him into the late 30s and then again I'd show him a quick snapshot of the whole WAR and then would finish showing him how he died and then I'd send him back to where he was growing up and hope he'd have had a change of thought...
I wonder how young you'd have to start?
Also you'd be hoping for a whole lot...too risky.
Knowing what we know now..I'd gladly take a baseball bat to his head and make a home run out of the first swing.
No no that's way too generous..one or two fouls before it gets whacked out of the park.

He was a deeply troubled man tho, if you were to take him to his "future" he'd be glad of all the killing and war. 

I'd go for the baseball bat to the head option lol!!!

@ Screamingflowr, Pichu:

After reading your comments in relation to Hitler, I had to go away and think about what you wrote.

In relation to the question about Hitler's age- I think he'd want to be young enough to be impressionable but old enough so that he grasps the seriousness of his actions.

You say that I'd "be hoping for a whole lot ... too risky". When I think of this statement, I think any action I would take to prevent Hitler doing what he did would involve immense risk. The risk may be so great that it may far outweigh a positive outcome.

My hope is that he would direct his life in a more positive course after showing him what suffering he would bestow on millions of people. The risk is that he would look at the events that took place over the course of his life and see what "mistakes" he made and then history would repeat itself in an even nastier way: Hitler could win the war that was.

What we must remember, when conceiving such notions to change the past, is that the Holocaust happened. This brings up a very important ethical question: If we could change the past, would you want that responsibility on your shoulders, when you consider that you don't know what the alternative future will turn out to be?

@ Screamingflowr, Pichu:

After reading your comments in relation to Hitler, I had to go away and think about what you wrote.

In relation to the question about Hitler's age- I think he'd want to be young enough to be impressionable but old enough so that he grasps the seriousness of his actions.

You say that I'd "be hoping for a whole lot ... too risky". When I think of this statement, I think any action I would take to prevent Hitler doing what he did would involve immense risk. The risk may be so great that it may far outweigh a positive outcome.

My hope is that he would direct his life in a more positive course after showing him what suffering he would bestow on millions of people. The risk is that he would look at the events that took place over the course of his life and see what "mistakes" he made and then history would repeat itself in an even nastier way: Hitler could win the war that was.

What we must remember, when conceiving such notions to change the past, is that the Holocaust happened. This brings up a very important ethical question: If we could change the past, would you want that responsibility on your shoulders, when you consider that you don't know what the alternative future will turn out to be?

In the case of the Holocaust, yes, I would take the risk and responsibility of changing that part of history.  What could be worse then what happened?

I thought too if Hitler was young enough to be impressionable but old enough to comprehend seeing his future he might choose a different path in life.  Like the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future.