Moscow 25/8

maijam

Just wonder what will happen with the Moscow concert. There has been massive forest fires for weeks now and air in the city is so thick in smoke that people can barely see 20 meters ahead. And officials say that the fires could last for weeks.

As it is only a less than 3 weeks to the concert, U2  must make the decision about this concert in next 2 weeks' time. Even if I'm not goin there myself - lets follow up with this one and hope that Russians will also get to see U2 live this summer!

I have plans to go to Moscow too, but going to Russia is not the same as crossing the Europe. You need visa, flight tickets are much more expensive, there are very big troubles with hotels in Moscow - they are all either busy either very expensive...

If U2 cancel their show, fans who have bought up to 4 tickets in December through U2.com, will lose lots of funds, I will lose $600 not counting visa (~$70), not counting train tickets (~$120) - luckily I have friends in Moscow where I could live or stand by, but anyway... it could cost me almost a thousand dollars!!!

Even if they will change the date of the show, not cancel it - it would be also bad. I have planned my journey only for 7 days incl. the concert in the middle, I 'm sure lots of others not living in Russia, will also be unable to create a new visa so fast, to get new flying or train tickets...

It looks like the end of days actually... the end of the world... :-(

• Subscriber

it doesn't look good, i allready have ticket for my plane from Amsterdam to Moscow, have reserved a hotel and also my visa is allmost ready. Hope the weather changes fast so the concert isn't cancelled.....

• Subscriber

I'm really worried about our russian friends..I have planned and booked an entire guided tour to see Moscow and S Petersburg, but from the most recent news it doesn't look good at all.. I really hope, if they want to cancel the concert, that they do it asap 'cause I'll lose lots of money..

http://community.u2.com/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/indifferent.gif">lauretta1979[/img] . Many hotel reservations etc. can be cancelled for no cost if done 2 weeks before. It's only 16 days to Moscow concert now. I hope that the U2 organisation shows either red or green light to the concert asap.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, even though it's not looking too good at the moment. indifferent.gif