HEY BONO...NORTH STAR!

joshthetree

• Subscriber

Wow the power of the Internet, never ceases to amaze me, watch/listen to songs from last nights show.

North Star, what a song, I can't wait to hear it when it's 'finished', but what I have heard on youtube is amazing - what a great song - I think it will become Top 10 Best Eve U2 songs.

Brilliant loving it *logs off to listen to it again, again and again*

• Subscriber

when i first heard it i was like meh. got to say 2nd listen is better. and at the moment i prefer it to glastonbury.

out of all of the songs i have heard since no line came out, winter is my favorite. soon is 2nd. this and then glastonbury.

This must sound as the weirdest story - but it sure is 110% true.

Yesterday (Friday) afternoon I was wandering around my house and listening to U2. I started to think about how much U2 likes to spend time in warm environments, French Riviera, Miami etc. I started thinking that wouldn't it be cool for the band to come to Finnish Lapland in the winter and experience snow, the darkness and northern lights. The I started rhyming a song that Bono could write about Lapland - I named it "northern star" in my mind.

I forgot the whole thing until I read from the twitter messages that U2 had played a new song "north star". I almost fell off my chair! What a coincidence! I've never known that I have such supernatural skills!

:)

Whats also warped is that my family (wife and 2 daughters) attended a planetarium show in a cold olde New England seaport that taught us all about nautical nightime celestial navigation and the North Star.

A week later, this weekend, I'm going through old travel books in my parents home and cannot shake the images of Lapland in a Scandinavian (we have Swedish as part of our US/global mutt patchwork heritage) petting the family reindeer, not so long ago. Lots of karma and thoughts colliding, here.

I welcome lots of types of songs. Many admired acts manage to pull-off an album that sounds like their mp3 collection on shuffle.

BRING IT ON - Lemme in the Sound...

Electrical Storm - The Long Island (New York) bay that it shares with Mystic Seaport and much of "CONNECTicut' is called "The Sound" New York is the band's adopted home, and others songs invoke weather and the colder coastal life. THE sea it swells like a sore head, etc.

Yeah glastonbury is a fine tune too, but what about 'return of the stingray guitar'?� that's well cool

Agree! I love "odd tempos" and crunchy guitars! Does it reminds you something?

North star still has weak lyrics, hope Bono will find something better.

• 2 weeks later...