Fan action proposal: "Where is...?" - a message to U2

xalira

Ok, I waited because many were hoping in some major changes in Horsens... But as it didn't happen, and they even cut TUF and Until out, maybe it's time to seriously consider this initiative. What do you think and in case where could you "take action"?

This is a spontaneous initiative that came up amongst italian fans after following a few 360 2leg tour dates. Most of are really happy for the band's performance but feel disappointed by the static nature of the setlist and about the band not including lots of the song we love more (and that marked U2's history). For this reason we have decided to try and communicate with U2. We strongly believe in their intelligence and sense of humour and we are sure they won't take it bad but will take it into consideration.

Our idea is to prepare signs where everyone of us writes the title of his/her favourite song (amongst the ones that haven't been played for long, too long). Every sign will have to be like this "Where is + song title?"

If you like the idea let's try. The more we are the stronger our voice will be heard. 

Enjoy the concert!

The sign can consist in a simple A4 white paper sheet. If you also bring some spare sheets you could spread the action among fans near you. 
We know this won't probably change much... But at least it's a message from us fans to the band. 

PS: better choose some "possible" songs, we already know they won't play Acrobat and Exit... But also songs from No Line that have never been played. smile.gif

NEW: Facebook group created! 
http://www.facebook.com/g...660355554060&v=info#!/group.php?gid=111660355554060&v=wall

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

if they are playing what looks like to be a greatest hits setlist where are the following songs?????

i will follow

gloria

BAD????

desire

angel of harlem

all i want is you

THE FLY

who's gonna ride your wild horses

discotheque

staring at the sun

sometimes you can't make it on your own

all because of you

window in the skies

and what about these other classics?????

11 o clock tick tock

the electric co

out of control

i threw a brick

october

2 hearts beat as one

surrender

wire

a sort of homecoming

in gods country

one tree hill

hawkmoon

god part 2

love is blindness

zoo station

even better than the real thing

zooropa

numb

lemon

gone

last night on earth

please

kite

and how about songs they have never played live?

RED HILL

HEARTLAND

ACROBAT

there is my list

oh and put back

unknown caller

breathe

no line on the horizon

set lists of late are rather lame. i know its all about the special effects and the specticle of the show rather than a u2 gig now, thats a shame. but there is time to improve. this is why i feel the vertigo tour sets were exciting because you never knew what was coming really. and it wasnt all about the effects.

I want them to play Unknown Caller and Walk On and seriously thinking of making a sign!!

I think these songs are connected...they have the same guitar riff if you listen closely. Now I am no guitar guru - far from it - but it sounds very similiar to me.

It also makes me think that these songs are connected too. If Walk On is your bestfriend telling you go get on with life...Unknown Caller is God telling you to get on with life!!

I don't know, I love these two songs... and I would like to hear them played in succession.

Do you think it might sound a little bit weird - the songs sounding similiar musically?

I've always wanted to hear Electrical Storm and never heard this one.

They don't play it often, but I'd like to hear Bad. They closed the show in Melbourne in 2006 with this and it was so amazing to hear it. I'd like to hear it again...and hearing Bono singing with his heart.

Hmm, maybe the first riffs could be similar... :P What concert are you going to? I've never heard Bad either :(ù

PS: if the signs are all the same they will realize it's not some old fan's crazyness but a collective mobilitation...

If I was going to a European show I'd def have a sign "Where is Unknown Caller"...feel really sad they are cutting that song out!!

I know many people do not like it for the lyrics... but if you throw away the lyrics, the music on its own is amazing!!!!

And I thought it was great live..the oh oh oh oh oh oh ...oh oh oh oh oh oh...especially at the end when the crowd was into it... it was awesome!! I went to see them in Vancouver last year. It may not be in the same league as Pride ... or even Stay... but it should take their place because it is from the album they are touring!!!

I really hope when they come to Australia they play this song...it is the stand out tune on the album!!

• Subscriber

Ok, I waited because many were hoping in some major changes in Horsens... But as it didn't happen, and they even cut TUF and Until out, maybe it's time to seriously consider this initiative. What do you think and in case where could you "take action"?

This is a spontaneous initiative that came up amongst italian fans after following a few 360 2leg tour dates. Most of are really happy for the band's performance but feel disappointed by the static nature of the setlist and about the band not including lots of the song we love more (and that marked U2's history). For this reason we have decided to try and communicate with U2. We strongly believe in their intelligence and sense of humour and we are sure they won't take it bad but will take it into consideration.

Our idea is to prepare signs where everyone of us writes the title of his/her favourite song (amongst the ones that haven't been played for long, too long). Every sign will have to be like this "Where is + song title?"

If you like the idea let's try. The more we are the stronger our voice will be heard. 

Enjoy the concert!

The sign can consist in a simple A4 white paper sheet. If you also bring some spare sheets you could spread the action among fans near you. 
We know this won't probably change much... But at least it's a message from us fans to the band. 

PS: better choose some "possible" songs, we already know they won't play Acrobat and Exit... But also songs from No Line that have never been played. smile.gif
Quote Xalira,

i'm Italian and I know many guys are displeased for the Static Set List!

No ONE is against our idols... because idols we have great expectations.

great action xalira!!

you're so "brave", and also nice :D

there are too many songs i'd like they to play, there are few songs that i'd like they not to change in this setlist, as until the end of the world, i think that every u2 lover goes crazy for that song.

i think that the entire world will be REALLY happy if they cut off for ever (or at least in ROME) THESE SONGS

ELEVATION

IN A LITTLE WHILE

CRAZY TONIGHT REMIX

VERTIGO

maybe also GET ON YOUR BOOTS and CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS

at their place, for example, why not

THE FLY

KYTE

BULLET THE BLUE SKY

EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING

NO LINE ON THE HORIZON

GONE (but there is a plethora of other songs, like please, running to stand still, gloria and so on, and i dream about acrobat at least once a month...)

but, for me, 360 tour really misses something like BULLET and THE FLY, the "powerful dark side" of their shows

i think that noone could say that this setlist wouldn't be MAGNIFICENT

we LOVE U2, but we also NEED them, we miss real U2, we miss the greatest band of the world

i can't believe that i'm not singing anymore at their concerts, that i sit down and smoke during crazy remix and vertigo, and a lot of people do that!! I don't think that U2 care about only money, i'm sure that they care their fans firts of all!

maybe someone will not agree with me, but know that i really love them, it's only my humble and "fired" opinion.

I really hope i'm not going to see in Rome the same concert of Turin!

Sorry for my english, saluti dall'Italia

love and peace