iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

• Subscriber
For those wondering about ticket limits, I didn't realise there was a supposed limit per city/concert and I used all of my codes for Auckland tics obtaining well over 4. After hearing there may be a 4 per member limit I phoned ticketek (twice!) and was told both times that there is no per member limit - it is simply up to 4 tickets per pre sale code.... They assured me my tickets would not be cancelled. I am still petrified at the thought of it though, so I have also e mailed them, and am hoping to get an e mail confirmation back so I have it in writing!

Ticketmaster stated limit as 4 tix per transaction / maximum 8 (if you have 2 valid codes 4 tix each = 8)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I just spoke to Ticketmaster again just now and explained my situation, which is same as Nniixx - where I bought 4 tix in my name (one presale code) and other in husband's name (one presale code).

I had to do 2 transactions, as I wanted mix of RZ and Res Seating, so have RZ x2 and Res Seat x2 = 4 tix limit (as per TM instructions) for ONE show, i.e. Perth. Did exact same on hubby's. As I had 2 valid presale codes, so 4 tix each, 8 total (as per entitlement per FAQs)

Ticketmaster said only if you have intentionally duplicated or exceeded 4 tix limit (max 8) they will cancel but will call to check first before taking any action

As he put it, I wouldnt have been able to go through any further with the transaction if I had not done so correctly; I did say I accidentally put 3 to 'Find Tickets' initially when searching (after having initial 2 RZ) and it did say "password exceeded limit" but accepted it once I correct it to 2 only

I would say - for Tickemaster anyway - that's all good then

(I made a note to myself that I called TM and his name, in case I need it later on, but he confirmed I have done so correctly and doesn't seem to be anything to worry on, for those that have done similar to me) 

smile.gif

okay all good now I can 'celebrate' my U2 tix purchase and count sleeps to the Perth show!! so thanks again U2com for the presale opportunity happy.gif (and BAJA for handling as much as you could possibly with such confusion)

Ticketek and Ticketmaster probably see this sort of thing all the time. Fans panicking in pre-sales trying to ensure they get the best tickets and not clicking the right button, drop down list etc and ending up with the wrong thing or thinking they've got it wrong.

Genral Public sales must drive them nuts.

Especially face to face.

• Subscriber

[quote name='one_bad_lemon wrote:

coleena']For those wondering about ticket limits, I didn't realise there was a supposed limit per city/concert and I used all of my codes for Auckland tics obtaining well over 4. After hearing there may be a 4 per member limit I phoned ticketek (twice!) and was told both times that there is no per member limit - it is simply up to 4 tickets per pre sale code.... They assured me my tickets would not be cancelled. I am still petrified at the thought of it though, so I have also e mailed them, and am hoping to get an e mail confirmation back so I have it in writing!

Ticketmaster stated limit as 4 tix per transaction / maximum 8 (if you have 2 valid codes 4 tix each = 8)

That was my general understanding too, but even that wasn't 100% clear.

The fact that people could then purchase across shows / states / Aus / NZ makes you wonder how many people are facing the threat of possible cancellation ?

I hope they've got it sorted by now but daren't go near the Ticketek site using any of my codes.

Maybe on Monday we'll see another whole load of posts with the Cedars group being totally confused.

• Subscriber

Funny thing is, when I called TM I said "you've probably had hundreds of calls about this U2 stuff already but..." and he says "no" LOL!! I continued anyway.. but I don't know how many ppl work at TM so maybe its different ppl all the time or ONE poor person dealing with all the U2 fanclub presale "madness" hee hee

• Subscriber

that's interesting with the Ticketec site, as I do know that Ticketmaster wouldn't let me proceed once I "exceeded the password limit"

I would've thought Ticketec would've had same security in place to ensure only 4 tix maximum per code and that would've possibly fixed the problem

oh wells.. my first time fanclub presale and WHAT an experience! LOL

good luck to CEDAR group yes, but by then it will all be sorted...

MAYBE! :)

• Subscriber

I will await the official Ticketek response to my query with interest, but so far the two verbal responses were that as long as you are sticking to 4 per pre sale code/transaction you are fine - the end number is not an issue. I won't sleep until I get a confirmation! I think Ticketmaster rules most likely differ from Ticketeks.... Had I known there would be this confusion I would have just bought 4 with my code and 4 with my husbands and not worried about the rest. They were only bonus tickets for friends and family! Oh well.... Once I get a response from Ticketek I will post it, to help anyone else who may be in the same boat.

Has any one who apparantly has CEDAR status (even though I have never had anything from U2.com tell me this) tried to purchase tickets in this presale?
Yip - you can't get past the first screen. Some kind of "Invalid code" type message. It's pretty clear that the 3U2E codes are Cedar now - so I'm not stressed that I'm missing out.

Here is a weird situation though. I'm a Cedar, however when I joined I got the "Artificial Horizon" CD (got the confirmation email today). and interestingly I am beig told I can upgrade my sub, and receive another code, which will allow me to buy four more tickets!