iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

• Subscriber

Please, a few people should stop thinking that because you're sitting all cozy in your home typing away on a cyberspace forum that it gives you the right to behave poorly.

I just wanna say the level of service I have seen on this FC forum is second to none.

By a long way.

Presale instructions communicated to ticketing agencies can be misinterpreted. 

People coding the instructions into the ticketing system can stuff if up. 

Ticketing agencies may not adequately inform their staff of the presale arrangements.

A lot can go wrong and it often does.

I have been amazed at the level of service this site has provided in sorting things out.

Again, just because you are hiding behind a computer and not face to face, it doesn't mean you can throw courtesy out the window.

The Mod should be number one on everyone's Xmas card list.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Katiek2010

don't worry on the email, lots were late, just go to the link in the Tours Presale page and it will take you to the ticketing vendor, from there you sign in and enter your code, etc :)

good lucky hopefully you (we) will ALL be wiser by MONDAY

• Subscriber

Marshall, read back mate. i don't think anyone has had a go at Baja. 

She is the messenger, sure, but she is also seemingly the only link between the forum and the back room. 

This is a failing. that is not Baja's fault. 

I don't think anybody has had a go at Baja, got frustrated with the conflicting info, sure, but anyone is onl as good as the infor they're given. 

the frustration here is with the terrible information. 

it's easy to say ticketek and ticketmaster got it wrong. 

But WHY did they get it wrong? Why did BOTH of them get it wrong? Why do we have this spectre of cancelled tickets hanging over us, when the presale codes themselves are U2.com's doing. nothing to do with ticketmaster or ticketek once they're given the lists by livenation. 

So, let me categorically say that I don't think anybody has a gripe with Bajagirl... but what other avenues for clarification do we have? Livenation? They're posted one line on a facebook group contradicting ticket vendors. The ticket vendors? They're as certain their rules are right as U2.com are that they're wrong. 

The level of service from a couple of people on this forum may be incredible... this is not a good website by any stretch. it's not a good website for a Year 9 IT project, and it's sure as hell not a good website for a $50 a month subscription once you take out presales and willie's diary...

But one last time. Baja does an amazing job and none of us would think less of her if she hung up the boots tomorrow as she's caught in the middle of a shitstorm. 
  • Subscriber

Hi guys,

I totally agree with Leonie. Poor old Baja has copped it from everyone (though I didn't think I really deserved the response that I got from her really) anyway she was probably just fed up with everyone emailing her.

Thing is we are all (obviously) MANIC fans, PANICKED about things. I am in the cedar group and haven't had any presale email info or anything but my question is this, do I need a presale email? Can I just click in on Monday at 1pm (when Cedar presale starts) enter my code and hope to hell there are some GA tickets still left? Is that all we need to do?

Please I don't need any rolling eyes or anything at this point. I just would really like to know from anyone else who has purchased tix already what the procedure is?

Please can someone help me out?

THANKS so much and everyone, have a great weekend!

You don't need the email just follow the links and use your code.

Actually go the link.

Bookmark it.

Login at which point it will take you the homepage of the website (well it did for Ticketek Aus).

Click on your just made bookmark and you'll now be logged in and at the pre-sales page, where you should be able to see the prices but not buy.

Keep refreshing that page every minute or so and once it hits 11.00am the box to enter your code will appear and off you go.

• Subscriber

Hi guys,

I totally agree with Leonie. Poor old Baja has copped it from everyone anyway she was probably just fed up with everyone emailing her.

Thing is we are all (obviously) MANIC fans, PANICKED about things. I am in the cedar group and haven't had any presale email info or anything but my question is this, do I need a presale email? Can I just click in on Monday at 1pm (when Cedar presale starts) enter my code and hope to hell there are some GA tickets still left? Is that all we need to do?

Please I don't need any rolling eyes or anything at this point. I just would really like to know from anyone else who has purchased tix already what the procedure is?

not sure if youve been answered, but no, you dont need the email, click the link whilst youre allready logged in on ticketmaster/ticketek , dont use your cose more than once, you may not be able tix GA and seating so if you cant dont try,

hope all goes well for you ,

enjoy

• Subscriber

I agree with everyone else in that Baja is doing her best under trying cirumstances, it's the owners and operators and live nation who ultimately need to be held accountable.

I guess we should have known it was going to be a balls up when they decided to start upgrading the site in th days leading up to the pre-sale so that things started going awry even then.

And the fact that majority of us were flying by the seat of pants waiting for emails that turned up when all was said and done or being told to read FAQs that were not up to date or were changing based on the latest interpretation of someones answer.

Hi guys,

I totally agree with Leonie. Poor old Baja has copped it from everyone anyway she was probably just fed up with everyone emailing her.

No, you don't need an email (I got mine 3 hours after sale began!). You just need your code(s) from the member or presale page. BTW, the links on the presale page are wrong for Monday. The correct one for NZ is http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPB10 and for Oz is  http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPB10 .Not sure for ticketmaster.
Also as a hint, paste these links, your codes, your credit card number in a text file so if this site is playing up again you won't have any problems. Also, log into ticketek 5min before sale to avoid having to log in twice.
I think there is a second allocation for each ticket class for the second presale, but it will be limited. This is how it normally works with presales.
Most of all good luck!