Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Do you have to be a paid subscription to get presale tickets?

Can someone please answer this question that is burning in my mind.

When you say presale for members...do you mean u2.com members...or ticketek members?? Ticketek usually has presales for their shows for ticketek members!

SO will there be two presales...one say 6 days in advance for u2.com members...

then the usual 3 days in advance for ticketek members.

Help!

The presale is no good to me if I can't renew and the renewal page gets a 500 (internal server) error. Help me, u2.com mods, you're my only hope!

[quote name='voxxiegirl wrote:

ausguy70']Do you have to be a paid subscription to get presale tickets?

Can someone please answer this question that is burning in my mind.

When you say presale for members...do you mean u2.com members...or ticketek members?? Ticketek usually has presales for their shows for ticketek members!

SO will there be two presales...one say 6 days in advance for u2.com members...

then the usual 3 days in advance for ticketek members.

There will be a bunch of different presales.

When people here talk about presales for members, they refer to subscribing members of U2.COM.  We get the first pre-sale above all others, in order of category, based on tenure in the fanclub.  Tenure meaning ongoing membership since Vertigo without letting membership lapse.

Sales for Melbourne go on sale on 03 September.  There are also presales scheduled for members (possibly season ticket holders) of the stadium where the show will be and members of live nation starting on the afternoon of 01 September.

U2.COM members will likely have their sales one day before, with the top tier going in the morning and the next groups following later in the day and on the morning of the first. I am suggesting this based upon my experience buying tickets for 3 other legs of this tour.  The dates may be different. maybe 2 days before the other presales, who knows?

The site will post the details and also send emails to members.  Check your email linked to your U2.Com account regularly or come in here regularly to check.  Sometimes you aren't given much notice prior to presales!  Sometimes the email notifications are not reliable as they come late!  Check in here regularly!  The moderators will update the initial post in this thread with all the information you will need.

Help!

The presale is no good to me if I can't renew and the renewal page gets a 500 (internal server) error. Help me, u2.com mods, you're my only hope!

Me too!

BW...sent you a PM a few days ago!

This is a great day for all us aussie fans who've been waiting for so long to hear this news :)

I laughed, I cried, and now I sing my heart out :) .... 'cos that's how I roll. And they'll be here in Melbourne on my birthday too!

And now the excitement, anxiety, until we get those tickets in our hot little hands... let's hope the pre-sale process will go smoothly for all. *stay calm* *stay calm* :)

eek.gif does any body know how many tix we can get (only need 4 im not reselling or anything) when would second show be announced & when are tix on sale stupid question how do we know wich group we are

This is a great day for all us aussie fans who've been waiting for so long to hear this news :)

I laughed, I cried, and now I sing my heart out :) .... 'cos that's how I roll. And they'll be here in Melbourne on my birthday too!

And now the excitement, anxiety, until we get those tickets in our hot little hands... let's hope the pre-sale process will go smoothly for all. *stay calm* *stay calm* :)

hey girl

where have you been?

Excited about the shows?? Will you be going to them all? I really want to go to Perth. A mate of mine lives in Perth and we hung out in Sydney GA line up...this time it'd be cool to do the same in Perth!! Umbrellas and evrything!!!

I'm not sure which ones I will be attending - all up in the air with my shift work...and impossible to take time off work because I am going to Ireland in late DEc!!!!

SOOOOOOO Going to see U2 in my homeland...then going to their homeland - I am mighty excited!!!!!

Ohhhh and I just realised...if they are touring now - it means that they will be home when I am there - I am coming to visit Bono!!!!!

:-))

eek.gif does any body know how many tix we can get (only need 4 im not reselling or anything) when would second show be announced & when are tix on sale stupid question how do we know wich group we are

http://www.u2.com/help/ <<< pre-sale frequently asked questions

you get 4 tickets per code.  Sometimes you have to use all 4 for one show (Europe) or 4 you can use to buy tickets to more than one show (North America).  Rules for Australia have not been announced. In your account info (look up top of this page on the right hand side and click on "account info") or your email where your code has been sent to you, it should tell you your category.  You will probably get a new e-mail from U2.Com soon listing the tour dates, the pre-sale dates and your available codes for use.

additional shows are usually announced soon after the first show goes on sale or right around that time.

[quote name='Sarah Desiree wrote:

SoniaLaStrega']Help!

Me too!

Me three!