Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Its a bloody shame so many fans have been stuffed around-this youtube clip is from the year I first saw them live(wish I could relive that)I had bought my sister a ticket(not loounge-the name for GA back in the day) but as soon as the lights when down off we were like rabbits and over the barrier(at the salubrious Perh Entertainment Centre)and managed to get up the front as we are midgets and the crowd were nice(it was also my sisters birthday. They were the days.

(btw Also slept out overnight to get tix for Kiss but the next year swapped all my Kiss records for Beatles ones)

Okay, I'm just going to put this out there ... this isn't a criticism of U2 themselves, just an observation.

A few months ago another major band announced a tour of Australia, Metallica. Sure, not comparing apples and apples, but they are a band with a huge fan base. There was opportunity to join the fan club ahead of the ticket sales and that got you a code and invite to the presale. The Metallica presale was simple, if you were in the club you got a code. You were only allowed 4 tix per concert (I think) and there was a clear understanding that people buying more than their entitlement would have their tickets cancelled. Presale day for my city came around and it was simply a matter of logging into Ticketek with the code. You could go in and out as many times as you liked, select and cancel and select tickets to your heart's content until you got what you wanted. No groups getting all the good tickets, no codes not working, no forums getting filled with people complaining. Basically you were in fan club, you got good tickets. When extra dates were set, the fan club all got emails and invited to a presale of the new date, and were able to get good tickets using the same (still working) code. The whole thing was smooth and easy.

Oh, what I forgot to mention is that all their club members are invited to go into a draw to win a meet and greet with the band at the shows they got tickets for ... just an added little bonus for the fans.

Oh, what I forgot to mention is that all their club members are invited to go into a draw to win a meet and greet with the band at the shows they got tickets for ... just an added little bonus for the fans.

Maybe we coulld have a presale of tickets to go in the draw. LOL

bajagirl can you or someone else please tell me how to arrange a full refund of the $50 for u2.com subscription?

i was not given what i was promised when i signed up - not being able to use the code properly is a breach of the agreement - new codes are meaningless now for those that don't want a bad seat as there would not be any decent seats left available(ticketek, livenation, u2.com, u2 are all making megadollars off this and yet: in the presale people have to choose by price category only, well thats all well and good but the thing is, at least for the Sydney show, NO PROPER MAP DETAILING EXACTLY WHERE EACH PRICE CATEGORY BEGINS AND ENDS HAS EVER BEEN ISSUED ON ANY SITE OR EMAILED TO U2.COM AUS FANS, so its almost like you are choosing blindly, which is not very fair at all for the subscribers of u2.com...and also being forced to take the first tickets available(with 2nd code issued after the problem) or the code is rendered useless and the $50 is gone was never part of the original agreement, and with that kind of ultimatum if a mistake is made by a non-tech savvy person then they cannot try again.

surely this scenario is worthy and deserving of a refund?

thanks

There's no bonus on U2.com though is there(no personal attack Baja-you have been as helpful as you can). Thebonus is if your code worked or if you managed to get through to the US phone number to get a new one and then if you got the tix you wanted. I do think the least they can do is give codes for second concerts(the 1st ones will sell out and they are bringing these stages down here so they will have to announce second concerts)-cause trying to get tix with codes is so much funroll.gif

bajagirl can you or someone else please tell me how to arrange a full refund of the $50 for u2.com subscription?

surely this scenario is worthy and deserving of a refund?

thanks

Maybe PM bajagirl-as I am sure there are others who feel the same please pop result up here.

And was there a live nation presale?

This whole thing has been a complete scam and a disappointment. I unfortunately have not had the time to sit and phone USA all day and night, and have not had any luck with getting a new presales code.

I agree with you_two. Why is no map given showing the seat locations before one has to choose a category and tickets? Surely the people involved in this whole thing have done this before; I mean it is one of the biggest bloody bands in the world for $#@%sake. Why do they hire imbeciles to arrange their ticket sales?

Justin Bieber's crew could probably do a better job, and they are %#&*ing 10 years old.

If something had indeed been done to apologise and try and rectify the problem, more than just having poor old Baja dealing with ranting fans on a forum, then perhaps it would calm things down, but Ticketek does not have a clue, everyone is blaming someone else, and someone is sitting with our $50 having a quiet chuckle.

It is because of this lack of any proper assistance that I too do want my money back.

Please advise how a refund can get processed, and then I will give you a special secret access code so you can pay the money into my account, and if that code does not work within the allotted 20 seconds, please spend 10 hours trying to call me on the 15 different "busy" international phone numbers I give you while I actually just switch my phone off and chill out on the beach.

Please advise how a refund can get processed, and then I will give you a special secret access code so you can pay the money into my account, and if that code does not work within the allotted 20 seconds, please spend 10 hours trying to call me on the 15 different "busy" international phone numbers I give you while I actually just switch my phone off and chill out on the beach.

Chuckle laugh.gif

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

SandSCreative wrote:

Bajagirl']
At this time, this is about as much as I can do. I apologize for the delay's, and want you to know we will be analyzing what happen so it does not happen again (ever).

IMO this presale was way way way more complicated than it needed to be, which made it far more likely to suffer from technical problems. Getting into a secret society is probably easier than buying in this presale for some people.

Is there really a need for a tiered fan group system?

Having codes cease to function after the initial logging in to the ticket system instead of once the entitled tickets had been purchased is crazy.

I hope all of this does not cost U2.com some fans.

Agreed. Once problems started arising things rapidly deteriorated.

Gonna try my luck at joining the Masons and see how I go. Will mention that I'm already a U2.COM member and

"I survived the ticket presale". <== T-Shirt opportunity

sorry for laughing but this is hilariuos!!!!!!!!roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif