iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Bajagirl

Micaelita thanks for your post, but its still not an exact description of each bay and each bays price category for Sydney

Also your info refers to level 6 alot...where is that?

When you say level 1 and 2, do you mean for example 141-1 is level 1 and 141-2 is level 2? If so why would 141-1 be only $39 if it is a better view than 141-2 where the higher up you are at the back of stage the more of the top of the video screen gets blocked?

The way I read it, looking at the venue map is that level 1 is everying starting with a 1, level 4 is everything starting with a 4, level 6 is everything starting with a 6 and so on. My other suggestion would be to look at the Auckland map Baja posted in this thread as it is the only one that has the actual zonings in picture form and helps you make a more accurate guess, though the stadium is obviously different so be aware that as it isn't as large it doesn't have the upper tiers that ANZ Stadium has so no level 6, for instance, where some of those P7 tickets may land you, not just behind the stage.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

apparently this sort of thing ain't new

U2 may have alienated its most loyal fans after a ticket fiasco that left many Chicagoans feeling suckered by the Irish supergroup.

Thousands of fans are complaining that a planned pre-sale for tickets to the May 7 and 9 United Center shows in U2's upcoming Vertigo tour was a scam that left many of them with no tickets or nosebleed seats that cost upward of $165 each.

The problem started a few months back when the group's official fan site -- www.u2.com -- asked members to pay a $40 subscription fee that included a guarantee of priority seating for the upcoming tour. Those who signed up were given a special code to enter at ticketmaster.com on Tuesday, four days before the general public's ticket sale on Saturday.

That code, many fans thought, would give them access to a large block of seats throughout the venue. But many u2.com members say the lower-priced general admission tickets were snapped up in less than a minute, leaving some to wonder why they bothered spending $40 for the pre-sale subscription.

more:

http://www.suntimes.com/o...ertainment/cst-ftr-u2...

Airwalk the first Vertigo ticket pre sale led to intervention and a statement from LMJ himself. If I recall it was vastly improved the next time it went on sale. 

• Subscriber
i will be interested to see if the 9am friday scenario allows people to buy by section/bay and not just by price category on the net
You'll probably find its price category but HOPEFULLY Ticketek/tickemaster have a proper seat plan up and you can see what section of the stadium the price gets you... 

• Subscriber

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

airwalk74']apparently this sort of thing ain't new

U2 may have alienated its most loyal fans after a ticket fiasco that left many Chicagoans feeling suckered by the Irish supergroup.

Thousands of fans are complaining that a planned pre-sale for tickets to the May 7 and 9 United Center shows in U2's upcoming Vertigo tour was a scam that left many of them with no tickets or nosebleed seats that cost upward of $165 each.

The problem started a few months back when the group's official fan site -- www.u2.com -- asked members to pay a $40 subscription fee that included a guarantee of priority seating for the upcoming tour. Those who signed up were given a special code to enter at ticketmaster.com on Tuesday, four days before the general public's ticket sale on Saturday.

That code, many fans thought, would give them access to a large block of seats throughout the venue. But many u2.com members say the lower-priced general admission tickets were snapped up in less than a minute, leaving some to wonder why they bothered spending $40 for the pre-sale subscription.

more:

Airwalk the first Vertigo ticket pre sale led to intervention and a statement from LMJ himself. If I recall it was vastly improved the next time it went on sale. 

Yeah thas right-doesn't look like we will have the same luck

• Subscriber

I know thaat this has probally been asked a thousand times but can you use any left over codes for second sydney show if there is a pre sale or do we need new codes? Ijust want to add that i dont thinl its u2 pre sale proble (ithink there doing a great job provided all the people firing of question etc) i blame the ticket companies as when i purchased pre sale tickets for the recent powderfinger tour through there fan club at my local ent cent i was given seats up the back in nose bleeds,there pre sale was a shambles as ticktec also had pre sale same day & cause the system to crash

• Subscriber

I know thaat this has probally been asked a thousand times but can you use any left over codes for second sydney show if there is a pre sale or do we need new codes? Ijust want to add that i dont thinl its u2 pre sale proble (ithink there doing a great job provided all the people firing of question etc) i blame the ticket companies as when i purchased pre sale tickets for the recent powderfinger tour through there fan club at my local ent cent i was given seats up the back in nose bleeds,there pre sale was a shambles as ticktec also had pre sale same day & cause the system to crash
No one is exempt. U2.com/livenation have to wear the bulk of the flak here for the convoluted approach to pre-sales, and not being able to correctly articulate the conditions of the presale to the vendors, and follow up that the conditions are being followed. 

Ticketek and ticketmaster are always shit. that wasn't a surprise. But LiveNation/U2.com have added to this spectacular ballsup by  their shoddy communication, complex system that DOES NOT WORK when you have multiple ticket vendors (how can ticketek invalidate a code just used on ticketmaster without third party involvement? Hmmm?) and arrogance when it came time to actually offer some customer service outside of one brilliant moderator on here who busts a gut for anyone. She too has to sleep, and doing this alone must be a friggin nightmare. 

Only one has come out of this smelling like roses. Not U2.com, not live nation, not ticketek, not tickmaster, not even the band and their management who are responsible for this awful mess of a site. Only Baja can hold her head high. 

• Subscriber

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

happyme']I know thaat this has probally been asked a thousand times but can you use any left over codes for second sydney show if there is a pre sale or do we need new codes? Ijust want to add that i dont thinl its u2 pre sale proble (ithink there doing a great job provided all the people firing of question etc) i blame the ticket companies as when i purchased pre sale tickets for the recent powderfinger tour through there fan club at my local ent cent i was given seats up the back in nose bleeds,there pre sale was a shambles as ticktec also had pre sale same day & cause the system to crash

No one is exempt. U2.com/livenation have to wear the bulk of the flak here for the convoluted approach to pre-sales, and not being able to correctly articulate the conditions of the presale to the vendors, and follow up that the conditions are being followed. 

Ticketek and ticketmaster are always shit. that wasn't a surprise. But LiveNation/U2.com have added to this spectacular ballsup by  their shoddy communication, complex system that DOES NOT WORK when you have multiple ticket vendors (how can ticketek invalidate a code just used on ticketmaster without third party involvement? Hmmm?) and arrogance when it came time to actually offer some customer service outside of one brilliant moderator on here who busts a gut for anyone. She too has to sleep, and doing this alone must be a friggin nightmare. 

Only one has come out of this smelling like roses. Not U2.com, not live nation, not ticketek, not tickmaster, not even the band and their management who are responsible for this awful mess of a site. Only Baja can hold her head high. 

I comptley agree with this  i must of been one of the lucky ones who didnt have a prob with my code for pre sale i only had to get ticx for sydney (only hope show 2 is just as easy) I also say congrats to Baja for a job well done

Does any body know when second sydney show would go on sale i know after first sells out but when will we be told & how or do we just check ticket website?