iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

[quote name='SandSCreative wrote:

afunky']Auction sites will not voluntarily prevent scalping at excessive levels as they take a cut as a success fee.

Totally agree. It isn't just the auction site scalpers either, there are "resellers" even now online offering Aussie RZ tickets for $1600 a piece.

Scalping/reselling are more or less the same thing, hence my previous suggestion of criminalising the resale of concert tickets over 1.5 times the face value.  For example if you sold your GA ticket for $140 that would be ok, but if you sold it for $200 it would be illegal.  Allowing a person to resell their GA at $140 acknowledges that some people are just trying to sell a spare ticket and would only allow people to recover the cost involved of obtaining the ticket (U2.com membership fee, ticket delivery and booking fee) and auction success fee.  In NZ GA tix cost $100 plus $19-$23 delivery fee, and the trade me success fee on $140 is around $10.  Obviously if you are selling multiple tickets you will make a profit but not big one.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was in my inbox this morning -

Hey My LiveNation Australia & New Zealand,

As promised, and in honour of your loyalty, herewith the details of the limited presale for U2 360° Tour with very special guest JAY-Z.

The presale commences Wednesday 1st September at 14:30 LOCAL time and will run until Thursday 2nd September at 15:00 LOCAL. Or of course until the strictly limited allocation sells out.

Click on the links on the right to access the presale page for the show you want to go to, and enter the password BOOT when prompted to access your tickets.

Tickets are limited to 2 per transaction and please don’t abuse access. Tell your friends to join My Live Nation so they can get access to presales for our tours – before anyone else.

See you at the show!

It will be VERY interesting to see if RZ tickets are available thru this!

:)

[quote name='SandSCreative wrote:

airwalk74']Livenation presale tomorrow folks-will be interesting to see what tix are available

What presale?

Livenation U2 presale:

The presale commences Wednesday 1st September at 14:30 LOCAL time and will run until Thursday 2nd September at 15:00 LOCAL. Or of course until the strictly limited allocation sells out. 

Click on the links on the right to access the presale page for the show you want to go to, and enter the password BOOT when prompted to access your tickets.

Tickets are limited to 2 per transaction and please don’t abuse access. Tell your friends to join My Live Nation so they can get access to presales for our tours – before anyone else.

PASSWORD INFO

You need a secret password in order to purchase these special 

presale tickets. 

The password is 

BOOT

• Subscriber

Hey, you very active OZ folks

Ill be posting some info in the next 2 hrs (its getting sent from OZ, so im waiting) in regards to those that HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED.

Please pass the word on, thank you - Baja

This was in my inbox this morning -

Hey My LiveNation Australia & New Zealand,

As promised, and in honour of your loyalty, herewith the details of the limited presale for U2 360° Tour with very special guest JAY-Z.

The presale commences Wednesday 1st September at 14:30 LOCAL time and will run until Thursday 2nd September at 15:00 LOCAL. Or of course until the strictly limited allocation sells out.

Click on the links on the right to access the presale page for the show you want to go to, and enter the password BOOT when prompted to access your tickets.

Tickets are limited to 2 per transaction and please don’t abuse access. Tell your friends to join My Live Nation so they can get access to presales for our tours – before anyone else.

See you at the show!

It will be VERY interesting to see if RZ tickets are available thru this!

:)

you are an absolute Gem marieka i did  not receive the email from them, infact i have not received emails from live nation uk for ages i have my tix but need to purchase just 2 more hope i can get GA but cheers for that
  • Subscriber

Baja, I reckon the boys should write a song about you and the legend that you are.
I think it could go something like this

I know a girl, a girl call Baja

Bajagirl

I know she want's more at the party

Bajagirl

And she won't tell me her name