Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

I hope they sort out subscription renewal and presale access codes soon! Saw them twice in Europe last year and now that I've moved to Melbourne, I want to see them here!

Thanks Nnixx. I'll subscribe I think. I can't miss them this time, who knows, they're getting old, this may be my last chance.

Nobody I know wants to go with me though :( I'll have to try some persuading or just go on my own.

seriously? since when is 50 OLD? 50 is the new 40 remember and in 'rock' terms YOUNG, just ask BB King (80 and still going strong!)roll.gif

[quote name='one_bad_lemon wrote:

redcloud']Thanks Nnixx. I'll subscribe I think. I can't miss them this time, who knows,
they're getting old,
this may be my last chance.

Nobody I know wants to go with me though
:(
I'll have to try some persuading or just go on my own.

seriously? since when is 50 OLD? 50 is the new 40 remember and in 'rock' terms YOUNG, just ask BB King (80 and still going strong!)roll.gif

Yes just look at Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, KISS.

Actually, maybe just look at U2.

To be honest when I took my eldest boy 4 years ago it was like some sort of surreal dream, me a huge fan since 81 taking my own son who at the time was just 7.

Now in some sort of deja vu I get to take my wife again (98 sinec she last went) and this time both my boys. So it will be dad almost 44, mum will have just turned 40 and my boys who will be 11 and almost 7.

Even more surreal, and hopefully not the last time, we'll see them.

I am an absolute noob. I just signed up with paid-subscription however had my email incorrect. Is there a way to rectify it so that I don't miss out on the pre-sale for the U2 Down Under tour?

EDIT: Sorry bout the questions, but does it mean anything if I am not in a priority group? It has N/a next to my presale codes.

I am an absolute noob. I just signed up with paid-subscription however had my email incorrect. Is there a way to rectify it so that I don't miss out on the pre-sale for the U2 Down Under tour?

EDIT: Sorry bout the questions, but does it mean anything if I am not in a priority group? It has N/a next to my presale codes.

If I was you I'd go here http://www.u2.com/service/profile/ and update your profile with the correct address and then go here http://www.u2.com/help/ and send them an email telling them what happened.

From memory your supposed to get an email that you have to open and then use a lilnk within it to confirm your email address, but I don't know what happens if you don't.

EDIT: I'm guessing that the N/As are because you have not confirmed your email address yet.

Get on to the help page and send them an email.

Oh thanks. I just updated my email and had it verified so I hope it works out well. Though I think I will send off an email just incase. Are the pre-sale codes on the left of my Account Info all I need for the Down Under Tour? Don't want to get too hyped up, but can't wait. 

Oh thanks. I just updated my email and had it verified so I hope it works out well. Though I think I will send off an email just incase. Are the pre-sale codes on the left of my Account Info all I need for the Down Under Tour? Don't want to get too hyped up, but can't wait. 

Well that and a link to the pre-sale which suposedly gets sent out via email prior to the pre-sale starting.

I'm in the same boat, other than I subscribed back in June.

Today was the first day that the Account Info page worked for me so I was getting a bit panicy about my pre-sale code email, which I never received, but they were there on my Account Info.

Maybe in the follwoing week, all will be revealed. The dates still aren't lsited on the http://www.u2.com/tour/index/ page yet.

[quote name='Sarah Desiree wrote:

happyme']
eek.gif
 does any body know how many tix we can get (only need 4 im not reselling or anything) when would second show be announced & when are tix on sale stupid question how do we know wich group we are

http://www.u2.com/help/ <<< pre-sale frequently asked questions

you get 4 tickets per code.  Sometimes you have to use all 4 for one show (Europe) or 4 you can use to buy tickets to more than one show (North America).  Rules for Australia have not been announced. In your account info (look up top of this page on the right hand side and click on "account info") or your email where your code has been sent to you, it should tell you your category.  You will probably get a new e-mail from U2.Com soon listing the tour dates, the pre-sale dates and your available codes for use.

additional shows are usually announced soon after the first show goes on sale or right around that time.

Thanks very much for that at least this pre-sale is more organized the one for powderfinger tix was terribale,but one more question when you say you can get 4 tix per code do you get a nother code when you use all the tix so that you can buy just 2 more fore the second gig

My guess would be no, I think Australian sales would be run in a similar manner to European sales.

So if they announce a 2nd shows you could either battle it out with the general public or maybe take out a second subscription using a different name and email address and thus get another pre-sales code.

US$50 well spent in my opinion - others might disagree ?