iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

• Subscriber

I do not believe any comments here are personal other than mentioning the whisky. As consumers(regardless for how long) and having this forum to vent, people who have paid $50 are doing that-I don't believe you should be taking it personally. And for a 'fan club' that takes a lot of money - for you to be doing this as a volunteer is wrong.

I have previously thanked you on this forum. How long are we to be paid members before we can give opinions on this forum?

The $50 to join is not well spent(I am not alone in my opinion as you well know)and despite being a fan for over 25(edited it to admit my age-saw them first when I was 14-it was sisters 16th birthday and I was 15 6 days later-it was in Perth) years I will not be joining again-presale or no presale-I do not see the value. I did not join U2.com to have slanging matches on forums nor to try and prove how big a fan I am.

To everyone who got a ticket(and can find this thread)-well done and enjoy the concert. Here's one of my fav photos which I took last year when I saw them in Las Vegas.

4874952491_0717ea1f2d_b.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not sold out in Auckland - amazing.

"Limited GAs" left, as well as the more expensive of the seated allocations.

Super stoked to have beaten the rush anyway. And looking forward to receiving my Artificial Horizon CD!

Baja - for someone who is not paid you are doing an amazing amount of work. My hat is off to you.

The $50 to join is not well spent(I am not alone in my opinion as you well know)and despite being a fan for over 25(edited it to admit my age-saw them first when I was 14-it was sisters 16th birthday and I was 15 6 days later-it was in Perth)

Dude, if you're worried about revealing your age then perhaps putting the year you were born in your username isn't such a smart idea? wink.gif
  • Subscriber
Hi Baja,

I appreciate the response to my rant.

"Did you (honestly) expect to join the fan club in the week the tour was announced and get the (in your opinion) best seats? Honestly?"

In all honesty, yes. That is exactly what happened with Metallica. I didn't see one complaint on their forum after or during the presale. Which is why I question the seniority system.

Come down under and I'll buy you several whiskies. I know you have worked your butts off. I wasn't ranting at you, just what is clearly a very dysfunctional system. "Worst presale ever!"

There has to be a better way of running these sales. There has to be, seniority or not.

In the Fair Dinkum department rewarding loyalty is not a new concept. To suggest there's something wrong with that, well I reckon you're having a lend of us.
  • Subscriber
I know wwe havt to wait & see about second sydney show but how will we know do we check ticket site or here?& when should we be looking?

Check here, Ticketek and Ticketmaster. Depending on ticket sales today we may get an announcement this afternoon or tomorrow.

Sitting on the Ticketek website, all signed in and refreshinig page at 8.55am. The second the clock hits 9am .............

SERVER BUSY

or

THANK YOU FOR VISITING TICKETEK.COM

TICKETS TO A MAJOR EVENT HAVE GONE ON SALE TODAY

YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN A QUEUE AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTED

AS CUSTOMERS AHEAD OF YOU COMPLETE THEIR TRANSACTION

• Subscriber

[quote name='kings wrote:

happyme']I know wwe havt to wait & see about second sydney show but how will we know do we check ticket site or here?& when should we be looking?

Check here, Ticketek and Ticketmaster. Depending on ticket sales today we may get an announcement this afternoon or tomorrow.

Ok thanks very much have looked at ticketek teck this morring & carnt get through so saf to assun that there will be second show (just hope can get through with that one need better seats this time)

• Subscriber

[quote name='kings wrote:

happyme']I know wwe havt to wait & see about second sydney show but how will we know do we check ticket site or here?& when should we be looking?

Ok thanks very much have looked at ticketek teck this morring & carnt get through so saf to assun that there will be second show (just hope can get through with that one need better seats this time)

Just as footnote ... by some miracle of good fortune I managed to pick up RZ tickets in the public sale for Brisbane. I am delighted of course.

Perhaps, Kings, it is less about not rewarding loyalty, and more about rewarding loyalty. Effectively, it seems, I was better off as a non committed member of the general public than I was as a signed up member of the 'Cedars'.

That can't be right.

Anyway, I just hope that something is done, whatever the structure, to make problems that have plagued this Aussie presale a thing of the past. Not just for the fans, but for everyone involved, not least of all being Baja and her colleagues.