iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Bajagirl

• Subscriber

here's my theory on why Melb 2 hasn't been announced. It gives the promoter a few days to promote through newspaper ads and TV that a second show is on sale. Perth 2 went on sale cause they haven't played there in years, so U2 fever is huge in Perth. Plus, Subiaco Oval is a lot smaller than Etihad Stadium..... That said, still keep an eye on ticketmaster.com.au as this is only a theory and i could be grossly wrong

I think ure right. Same for Sydney, these stadiums both have the potential to hold up to 90 thousand because of the fact that the show is performed in the round, therefore pretty much all of the seating in the stadium is available, which means more tickets to be sold hence the reason why its still not sold out. Still im surprised they have not sold out yet , only the crap or really expensive seats left, but like i said im sure within the week they will have a 2nd show up for sale.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take this for gospel but just heard from a friend who says that "there is definitely a second concert as XXXXX  has reserved Redzone tickets for our business partners on the second night". I figure I shouldn't name the company she's referring to (hence the X's!) but sounds promising..... Sure hope she's right!
Gotta love the prime position corporate give away tickets to people who don't really give a feck about U2

• Subscriber

Any chance of Perth3? GA and RedZone all gone for Perth2 already.... cmon people buy the remaining seats!

Got Perth2 tickets in the suprise they were available, then realised I couldnt go :(

ditto

• Subscriber

yeah, and although there's still tickets available for Melb 1, they are only single tickets, so could be hard to sell cause who's going to buy just one ticket to go on their own? Just the downside of selling tickets so quickly you don't get a chance to request exactly where to sit any more. I'm sure they'll sell a second show for Melbourne, even if the single seats don't get sold....would still be considered a sell out.

• Subscriber

Last tiime Sydney had three concerts at ANZ stadium, I wonder if that will happen this time around.

No chance.Vertigo 06 Syd 1,2,3 =210k and on Fri,Sat,Mon.Syd 360 1&2 =180k and more expensive and on a Mon & Tues.