Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

So please forgive my ingorance,but as i follow if we have a code left over that was not used last pre sale we are able to use this at this pre sale (please say im correct) has any body heard when pre sale starts this time? or are we just wating for email (carnt bear the stress of this wating caper again!)

Ok have just seen an email saying pre sale is monday/tuesday no time etc,but was on the live nation site & they reacon that there are still ticks for perth show but go to there site to check if this is real 

REDZONE - more crowded for Oz than other territories? Just researching the posts for Redzone tickets, it seems the number of tickets being sold for RZ is steadily increasing as the tour progresses. In the early US shows it was 200+ for each RZ, then later up to 400 for the Euro shows. I'm just worried that the numbers the promoter is trying to squish in for the Aussie shows could be even greater for the Redzone. Can baja or a U2.com rep explain what seems to to be happening? I don't want to pay out megabucks for a family of four to have a sardine surrogate GA experience.

Hi All

Collating the info over here (as bosses in Europe) and will post when I have it. But yes, let me get some sleep this week.

To clarify:

If you have a pre-sale code that starts with 3U2 and used it, you cannot resubscribe and get another code

If you have a pre-sale code that starts with 3U2 and DID NOT use it, you may use this in the upcoming pre-sale

If you have am unused pre-sale code that starts with U2 or 2U2 this means you were a member a while a go, and can renew and extend your membership and get a new code CAVEAT: If you let your membership lapse the new code will be in the CEDAR group

Any unused codes may be used for the upcoming pre-sale

At this time I have not received any information indicating that there has been any improvement done on the ticketing systems, so please be aware that at this time, the code time out is still in place.

Members codes can be used for ONE show, up to FOUR tickets, of the same type, purchased in ONE transaction

Codes cannot be split into different types of tickets, or dates or locations.

Your code appears on the TOURS page and on the ACCOUNT INFO page, you do not need the email to purchase your tickets

DO NOT get all stressed, there has ALWAYS been an excess amount of tickets for resale by members (At face value) on this and other fan boards. You will get in, you wont miss out. (e,g, I went to Dublin at the last minute and got into all 3 shows, bought my tickets at face from people I met on here)

More as it comes

Baja

Hi All

Collating the info over here (as bosses in Europe) and will post when I have it. But yes, let me get some sleep this week.

To clarify:

If you have a pre-sale code that starts with 3U2 and used it, you cannot resubscribe and get another code

If you have a pre-sale code that starts with 3U2 and DID NOT use it, you may use this in the upcoming pre-sale

If you have am unused pre-sale code that starts with U2 or 2U2 this means you were a member a while a go, and can renew and extend your membership and get a new code CAVEAT: If you let your membership lapse the new code will be in the CEDAR group

Any unused codes may be used for the upcoming pre-sale

At this time I have not received any information indicating that there has been any improvement done on the ticketing systems, so please be aware that at this time, the code time out is still in place.

Members codes can be used for ONE show, up to FOUR tickets, of the same type, purchased in ONE transaction

Codes cannot be split into different types of tickets, or dates or locations.

Your code appears on the TOURS page and on the ACCOUNT INFO page, you do not need the email to purchase your tickets

DO NOT get all stressed, there has ALWAYS been an excess amount of tickets for resale by members (At face value) on this and other fan boards. You will get in, you wont miss out. (e,g, I went to Dublin at the last minute and got into all 3 shows, bought my tickets at face from people I met on here)

More as it comes

Baja

Not sure if I am interpreting this wrong but you state  "codes cannot be split into different types of tickets, or dates or locations" but a friend of mine purchased 2 ga tickets + 2 stand tickets for the 1st auckland show using their presale code, they now have the tickets. I was intending on doing the same for the second show using a presale code. Can you confirm whether this is actually possible?

you are not supposed to and you risk having your tickets cancelled. They have their tix already????? Are you sure about that? They can still be cancelled by TM even if they have been posted out.

Mellyu2-I am signed up to Livenation and got the last email-hs another been sent out yet and when is the Live Nation presale as my code on U2.com has a big line thorugh it

Thanks for the info. I still had no joy from Ticketek re my potentially dodgy code - but they told me to call back tomorrow when they knew more... so maybe they can help me reset the code then (hmmm, call me the eternal optimist!)... I would have just tried the damn code  at presale time and if it didn't work (is bound not to) would have just called them then, however was hoping for 2 Redzone tics and I know they will go fast, so just hoped I could get it sorted before the fact, but not sounding like that's going to be possible. Anyway, it sounds like you've done everything you can your end, so thanks for that - clearly U2.com are not happy to give out 'replacement' codes, so I guess that's that. I will try my luck AGAIN with Ticketek in the morning - I'm sure they must think I'm insane - only a U2 fan eh!!!

Hi Baja. Thanks heaps for your help with the first Aus pre-sale.  I was only lurking but the advice you were giving others really helped me too!

Would you be able to confirm if I can use my unused pre-sale code that starts with "U2" for the second shows pre-sale? (I am a Breathe member).  During the first pre-sale I used only the code starting with "3U2" but did not use my "U2" code.

Thank you!