Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

So you're not a paid up U2.com member with a code?

Just get GA if thats the case(although seems you have bought seated tix etc as well by now)

I was 14 the first time I saw them and plenty of kids go. If you did not have a valid code for the presale that is why they did not sell them to you-theres members who couldn't even get them with a code

And last LN presale there were no RZs and for some reason Australian audience is snapping them up like hotcakes(I would get one if I could afford it after so many GAs I have done but really its not worth it-meaning its not worth it compared to a GA for 99 as you can get a better position and for GA virgins the line up can be interesting)

My sister paid $399 a ticket to see George Michael and insisted her husband went with her.

Not sure where GM played at or where her seats were in relation to the stage ?

My sister paint $399 a ticket to see George Michael and insisted her husband wen with her.

Not sure where he played at or where her seats were in relation to the stage ?

Did you have more luck this time round mate?

My sister paint $399 a ticket to see George Michael and insisted her husband wen with her.

Not sure where he played at or where her seats were in relation to the stage ?

Did you have more luck this time round mate?

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

powervideo']I'm mainly upset about it because I wanted my two kids to have a real blast at their first rock concert in RZ close-up.  Now I've spent $1,700 to get into a hell of a mess.  Jeeeshhh.

What 4 seats cost you $1700 ?

No, 4 x P2 and 2 x RZ1 = $1700 (approx)

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

powervideo']Well they refused to sell me four tickets to me over the 'phone this morning telling me
"Redzone can only be sold to VIP customers".
I've written to them and have had to purchase four other expensive seated tickets. If they don't resolve this after my correspondence I am going to take action in the small claims tribunal against Ticketmaster.

You are a paid subscriber to U2.COM aren't you ?

Free members don't get a code or access to the presale.

Yep I'm a paid subscriber with 2U2 and 3U2 codes.

My wife paid something like $1500 for a couple of Stones tix once for my b'day. They were front row and it was pretty amazing (Mr Richards entered into a little bit of a 'how about it?' with her ... she didn't take him up on the offer and no, I was not in the least bit offended).

I probably shouldn't admit to that whilst having an anti scalping attitude! Bit hypocritical.

[quote name='powervideo wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

powervideo']I'm mainly upset about it because I wanted my two kids to have a real blast at their first rock concert in RZ close-up.  Now I've spent $1,700 to get into a hell of a mess.  Jeeeshhh.

What 4 seats cost you $1700 ?

No, 4 x P2 and 2 x RZ1 = $1700 (approx)

Perhaps put an ad on the ticket trade board to buy a couple of RZ1s and if you get someone who wants to sell, then advertise the 4 P2s. Or ... try and get some RZs in the public sale. If you can get in when the gates open you have a pretty good chance of getting them.

Wow I got 6 GAs and 5 cheaps seats ... bout $900 in the end ... now to book airfare

Its always handy getting tix early and would probably not consider paying much over face for tix but there's always tix available for around face...I got U2 Las Vegas 2 days before-already had a  stands tix but wanted GA...and got 3 Muse tix for Melbs off a dude on Whirlpool...and sold tix for L.Cohen face on the day of the gig...there's ways and means w/o spending too much or giving your money to ticket touts