iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Bajagirl

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

grant1975']MM Brizvegas 2 not selling so well...hope they dont cancel it!

Dude, it's only been on sale for one day!

yeah but even the $40 seats haven't gone - thats kind of nuts.  These shows all have extra seats from when they were here last time, I wonder if that hasn't taken the extra demand out & therefore not the rush on the second shows like there was last time. Plus Brisbane is at Suncorp rather than where it was last time hence bigger capacity.  Thoughts....

Mick's right though - give the aussie shows a chance, they've only been on sale for a day. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised that Brissy 2 was announced. They have just under 3 months to sell another what ... 60,000 tix?

If sales are not forthcoming won't they just ramp up advertising etc? Surely they would not cancel.

It is inevitable that the second shows would sell slower, but I just got offered ...

P1 Sect 303 row 17 ... so very good seats.

P2 Sect 532 row 40

P3 Sect 601 row 72

P4 unable to obtain 2 tix

P5 GA able to get 8 tix

P7 Sect 513 row 44

So very good seats available in each of the sections apart from P4 and Red Zone. So it is looking VERY slow for Brissy.

• Subscriber

Just finished watching the farewell video to Snow Patrol, man I'm gutted that we're not getting any of the bands in support that U2 have been taking round Europe or the Us. Snow Patrol, Interpol, Kasabian et al - any of these would have been amazing, that's on top of the fact that during Vertigo there were also The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Kings of Leon.

I fully accept that Jay Z has his own huge following but I can't help but think this is driven more by economic reality (fair enough).  But if they don't want to go the whole hog and bring these cool bands to support them then why not pick up some support acts from Oz or NZ - there is plenty that would have been great support acts and would love the idea of playing to 50,000 plus crowds for 30mins.

I totally agree with you about the support acts. Jay Z holds no interest for me and I won't even bother with him, where as I'd have liked to see some of those other support acts.

I watched that Snow Patrol farewell clip from Instanbul not long ago too and yeah, shame we can't have them or some of the other great bands supporting U2 when they come down under.

Seems we get stuck with the duds when they tour here. Appologies to fans of Jay Z.

U2 selecting Jay-Z may well prove to be the Big Mistake they made. No matter how popular he is in his genre, it may well have hurt ticket sales more than if they had Snow Patrol or another hot OS rock band. I like Empire State of Mind, but I think U2 has made a big mistake with this particular audience.

• Subscriber

U2 selecting Jay-Z may well prove to be the Big Mistake they made. No matter how popular he is in his genre, it may well have hurt ticket sales more than if they had Snow Patrol or another hot OS rock band. I like Empire State of Mind, but I think U2 has made a big mistake with this particular audience.
There is some great oz music around and I thought bands like Jet, The Living End & so forth would have loved the idea of playing to some massive crowds - would have been a real bonus being able to see someone like that.

Does anyone know how the selection works?

• Subscriber

Hey Sarahaus....my tickets from the U2.com presale for Melb 1 came on Wednesday (September 8). Tickets from Live Nation presale for Melb 2 came on Friday. I ordered express post for them. Now very relieved they have arrived...no more stressing until the gigs arrive. Hope yours come soon.