iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Bajagirl

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I got my GA tickets purchased through the public release yesterday for Subiaco. Interestingly the ticket says that no photographic or video equipment is allowed.
don't sweat it the tickets always say that.  if you read further into the t&c's on the ticket sites etc you'll find that you can take cameras but no SLRs (removable lens) or professional eqpt. Make sure your phone/camera are both fully charged before you go (or take extra batteries).

enjoy the shows

• Subscriber

Proof that tickets are too expensive outside the GAs and $40 seats (which are both brilliantly priced).

$300 for a stadium seat is too much. Far too much, particularly in Melbourne and Perth when the playing surface size dictates the seats are further from the action than from the northern states. In Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane all 2nd shows have plenty of top 3 category seats available still. 

Sadly Melbourne can kiss that 3rd show goodbye, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a 'recategorisation' of tickets in the weeks leading up to the concert, ie $299 seats suddenly become $229... and so on...

• Subscriber

Proof that tickets are too expensive outside the GAs and $40 seats (which are both brilliantly priced).

$300 for a stadium seat is too much. Far too much, particularly in Melbourne and Perth when the playing surface size dictates the seats are further from the action than from the northern states. In Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane all 2nd shows have plenty of top 3 category seats available still. 

Sadly Melbourne can kiss that 3rd show goodbye, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a 'recategorisation' of tickets in the weeks leading up to the concert, ie $299 seats suddenly become $229... and so on...
Especially when you take away some of your higherpriced customers with the idea of $349 for front row GA type experience, I'm sure some of these people would have just for GAs normally but they had the money to spend on Redzone...

The inclusion of the back part of the stadium also means that there are far more seats available at big venues, therefore less demand for second show.

Not sure what will happen about the OZ shows, still plenty of time to go really.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Reid NZ wrote:

bluehammer']Proof that tickets are too expensive outside the GAs and $40 seats (which are both brilliantly priced).

Especially when you take away some of your higherpriced customers with the idea of $349 for front row GA type experience, I'm sure some of these people would have just for GAs normally but they had the money to spend on Redzone...

The inclusion of the back part of the stadium also means that there are far more seats available at big venues, therefore less demand for second show.

Not sure what will happen about the OZ shows, still plenty of time to go really.

There's time, sure, but I doubt many people go and spend $600 on a couple of tickets just on a whim...

The Oz shows will sell well, but would say there is zero chance of that 3rd Melbourne show they scheduled. They should go and do a show in Christchurch instead smile.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

Reid NZ wrote:

bluehammer']Proof that tickets are too expensive outside the GAs and $40 seats (which are both brilliantly priced).

There's time, sure, but I doubt many people go and spend $600 on a couple of tickets just on a whim...

The Oz shows will sell well, but would say there is zero chance of that 3rd Melbourne show they scheduled. They should go and do a show in Christchurch instead smile.gif

Pretty certain you're pushing up hill to get any 3rd shows now, you're right about the 'whim' too...

Chch would love a show, but I struggle to see it happening although it would be lapped up pretty quickly if it did.

oh well I've got my tix grin.gif - you got yours?

• Subscriber

Yeah mate, got them all. Only mentioned the Melbourne one as it was the only city where the 3rd show was booked just in case. 

Off to all the aussie shows. No NZ for me this time around :-( Was fun in 2006 though. 
might see you in brissy, have seats for first show but thinking I'll wander down the road to catch up with some people I met at Brisbane 06 - they'll be queuing.