iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Bajagirl

Has anyone worked out what date/time for Magnificent folks for the Auckland concert?

I'd say based on the FAQs the Magnificent group get access on the afternoon of the second day of the presale?

...and our 'Magnificent' subscribers, who have joined since the end of the 2009 presale (April 16), can enter the presale on the afternoon of Day 2. Only after Day 3 does a public onsale begin. Please Note: We do not change your subscription category.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='bjc wrote:

airlie']Has anyone worked out what date/time for Magnificent folks for the Auckland concert?

I'd say based on the FAQs the Magnificent group get access on the afternoon of the second day of the presale?

...and our 'Magnificent' subscribers, who have joined since the end of the 2009 presale (April 16), can enter the presale on the afternoon of Day 2. Only after Day 3 does a public onsale begin. Please Note: We do not change your subscription category. Hopefully that's true, however the pre-sale period in AUS/NZ for the first four groups (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) is actually 4 days with an additional 2 days for the newbies (Cedar)...so maybe the stagger times will be longer. 

As long as we have all the information before Thursday 11am I'll be happy. smile.gif

• Subscriber

The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1
(Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

Group 2
(Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.

All times are local.

The way I read this is that they've rolled the first 4 groups into 1 Group and then created a second Group which only contains Cedar ?

No mention of staggering within the group, I know this would seem unfair to Horizon vs say Magnificient, but they've figured that the number of Aussie / NZ members in those groups is a lot less than in the US and Europe and most people in the US and Europe wouldn't be coming out to an Australian or NZ tour ?

• Subscriber

thank youuuuuuuuuuu U2 for the new group CEDAR on behalf of all the MAGNIFICENT group !! and for sorting out my presale codes - NOW its worth being and staying a paid subscriber as I feel my loyalty has been returned :)

can't wait for the tour! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Subscriber

thank youuuuuuuuuuu U2 for the new group CEDAR on behalf of all the MAGNIFICENT group !! and for sorting out my presale codes - NOW its worth being and staying a paid subscriber as I feel my loyalty has been returned :)

can't wait for the tour! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thing is you're in Magnificent and have been a member since 2009, I joined in June this year and a member of Magnificent and Matthewaniea whio posted a just above my last post joined 2 days ago and is also in Magnificent and has 2 pre-sales codes.

So....who is going to be in the cedars group ?

Maybe all the people who join up once the first pre-sale starts ?

Agree completely Bsd1. And confirmation of what group I'm in before then would be nice as well!!! (currently N/A)
Fingers crossed the group is sorted for you, at least you should get ticket access before the unwashed masses that constitute the general public pimp.gif"> (I, you won't see me complaining). 
  • Subscriber

The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1
(Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

Group 2
(Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.

All times are local.

The way I read this is that they've rolled the first 4 groups into 1 Group and then created a second Group which only contains Cedar ?

No mention of staggering within the group, I know this would seem unfair to Horizon vs say Magnificient, but they've figured that the number of Aussie / NZ members in those groups is a lot less than in the US and Europe and most people in the US and Europe wouldn't be coming out to an Australian or NZ tour ?

you will probably find that it will be staggered with say Thurs/Fri morning/afternoon in order of top group, I'd say based on previous presales, which would be fair for top group such as Horizon :)

and its good they created the new group CEDAR to also be fair to Magnificent group :)

• Subscriber

(I'm lucky enough to be in the Horizon group tongue.gif, you won't see me complaining). 

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

If this is to believed, I think I will see you complaining lol.

I'm holding any judgement on the site changes and on the new presale group policy until we have a clearer picture but it has to be said timing for this is a bit strange. As usual, the Mods are as surprised as we are so hopefully no Members take it out on them.

Archived