Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

[quote name='Steelerfan wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

gj_u2']Has anyone had any experience with Red Zone? I like the idea of having a close enough view without the waiting but is it worth it?

I guess that would be hard to answer? has anyone been in Red Zone, whats it like? and is it true that you can go back and forth into inner circle GA area?

Depends on your U2 fan ness I guess. If I was going on my own I'd probably do it. But taking the family of 4 makes it too expensive.

I've done RZ at the Rose Bowl.

But where are you assuming it will be by auction? On Ticketmaster and Ticketek sites it says nothing about auction...Europe RZ was not an auction, but set price...US was auction and it lasted about 2 weeks....

I see nothing about an auction being the method of sale on the ticket sites...and that's what counts.Here is where the auction info comes from: http://community.u2.com/topic/18469

Specifically "RED ZONE tickets will be available via auction and are NOT part of the pre-sale allocation"

As the Ticketek and Ticketmaster sites are saying the price will be $349.50 its all a bit confusing. Maybe auction above means set price auction, first in best dressed (which isn't really an auction but hey, I'm going for the middle ground). eyes.gif

[quote name='Steelerfan wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

gj_u2']Has anyone had any experience with Red Zone? I like the idea of having a close enough view without the waiting but is it worth it?

I guess that would be hard to answer? has anyone been in Red Zone, whats it like? and is it true that you can go back and forth into inner circle GA area?

Depends on your U2 fan ness I guess. If I was going on my own I'd probably do it. But taking the family of 4 makes it too expensive.

I've done RZ at the Rose Bowl.

But where are you assuming it will be by auction? On Ticketmaster and Ticketek sites it says nothing about auction...EUrope RZ was not an auction, but set price...US was auction and it lasted about 2 weeks....

I see nothing about an auction being the method of sale on the ticket sites...and that's what counts.

Hey Steelerfan,

How did u find it? would you pay that much again? or have you?

Is RZ worth the money???  are you any closer than GA getting in there early??? 

OMG...how on earth could it be BEFORE the presales, as they start tomorrow?? And if you go to the ticket sites it clearly states ticket prices...

Hey Steelerfan,

Thanks for the warm welcome to my first post :)

I found some confusion as TM says they're the only ones selling them, however there's a post on this forum that says:

"

RED ZONE tickets will be available via auction and are NOT part of the pre-sale allocation"

So its not actually an auction at all ?

[quote name='GrahamC66 wrote:

Steelerfan']

OMG...how on earth could it be BEFORE the presales, as they start tomorrow?? And if you go to the ticket sites it clearly states ticket prices...

Hey Steelerfan,

Thanks for the warm welcome to my first post :)

I found some confusion as TM says they're the only ones selling them, however there's a post on this forum that says:

"RED ZONE tickets will be available via auction and are NOT part of the pre-sale allocation"

So its not actually an auction at all ?

That's one of the unclear questions at the moment, it may be that the word auction is used in the wrong context, I don't know. 

Anyway, Welcome! tongue.gif Hopefully we'll all have answers before the pre-sale tomorrow.

Is RZ worth the money???  are you any closer than GA getting in there early??? 

Can't speak for this tour but at the last one in Australia the inner circle tickets looked like they would have been worth the cash if you had it.

That's one of the unclear questions at the moment, it may be that the word auction is used in the wrong context, I don't know. 

Anyway, Welcome! tongue.gif Hopefully we'll all have answers before the pre-sale tomorrow.

Yeah,  I would bid like hell on a stick at an auction.

Problem with waiting till TM releases the tickets is that you could well miss out in some server lockup and then you've missed pre-sales and general release.

Could a MOD please answer this question. ( I have read through the whole thread and looked at the FAQ):

IS THERE GOING TO BE A PRESALE FOR AN ADDITIONAL CONCERT IF ANNOUNCED AT THE SAME VENUE.

FAQ's quoted" If there are subsequent presales then your unused code will still be eligible to take part in presales for alternative U2 2010 concerts."

The above answer just says you can use your unused code at another presale. However if there is a second concert announced for Auckland will there be a presale for ticket sales or will we have to purchase at the public sale? For Vertigo there was no presale for the second concert - is this going to be the same for 360?

I have the opportunity to get another code if I renew early however I only want to do this if I know whether there will be a presale for a second concert.

Thanks in advance.

l am sooooooo excited... bring on the ticket sales - wouldnt have a clue where or when !!! LOL