iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Bajagirl

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Theunforgettablelyr, thanks for bringing a smile to my face. I feel the same way and I've been doing this since the 80s when I used to camp outside ticketek! It's the same but probably worse now in some ways with technology. Back then you'd count how many people were in the queue before you and try and work out how many more were camping out around Australia and then curse a of those people on the 'inside' who had friends who worked at the ticket agency!! Now it's all hidden, and my Internet connection is always too slow. :0)

I'm just thinking that in just over 12 hours it'll all be over and then I won't have to stress until they release more dates in the cities and/or December itself.

• Subscriber
Theunforgettablelyr, thanks for bringing a smile to my face. I feel the same way and I've been doing this since the 80s when I used to camp outside ticketek! It's the same but probably worse now in some ways with technology. Back then you'd count how many people were in the queue before you and try and work out how many more were camping out around Australia and then curse a of those people on the 'inside' who had friends who worked at the ticket agency!! Now it's all hidden, and my Internet connection is always too slow. :0)

I'm just thinking that in just over 12 hours it'll all be over and then I won't have to stress until they release more dates in the cities and/or December itself.

You just took me down memory lane, I remember being lined up 1989, sleeping on the footpath in Broadway outside the old Grace Brothers building, waiting to get tickets. Then getting row 3 at the Entertainment Centre and standing next to Paul Mcguiness, gosh talk about memories, I was only 19. Now I am 40 and still doing the U2 thing. As all previous U2 concerts I am so so excited and I cant wait till tomorrow. 

U2.COM website seems to be having some problems at the moment, hoping they get fixed very soon.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Holz_t wrote:

stubby']So can anyone give me an answer.  Is the Red Zone going to be available for the presale?

As far as I can tell - YES! Check out the link below for the NZ show...

THAT doesn't say yes.....RZ doesn't say it is available in presale...has never been in the past....and I've bought tix in US and Europe...if you go to the R hand column with all ticket prices RZ doesn't say FANCLUB Group A like the others do...

• Subscriber

[quote name='dgeremia wrote:

lisaking']Theunforgettablelyr, thanks for bringing a smile to my face. I feel the same way and I've been doing this since the 80s when I used to camp outside ticketek! It's the same but probably worse now in some ways with technology. Back then you'd count how many people were in the queue before you and try and work out how many more were camping out around Australia and then curse a of those people on the 'inside' who had friends who worked at the ticket agency!! Now it's all hidden, and my Internet connection is always too slow. :0)

You just took me down memory lane, I remember being lined up 1989, sleeping on the footpath in Broadway outside the old Grace Brothers building, waiting to get tickets. Then getting row 3 at the Entertainment Centre and standing next to Paul Mcguiness, gosh talk about memories, I was only 19. Now I am 40 and still doing the U2 thing. As all previous U2 concerts I am so so excited and I cant wait till tomorrow. 

U2.COM website seems to be having some problems at the moment, hoping they get fixed very soon.

well dgeremia I am sure our paths have crossed then as I spent many hours on the concrete outside Grace Bros in Sydney in winter1989. Those were the days. They did, what, 15 shows in Sydney or something like that! The last few were postponed due to a bomb scare if you recall and they had to come to Sydney again in November (after doing shows in September and October)

:-)

is anyone eslse having issues with the link to ticketmaster (melb & perth dates) from the presale page? or am i the only "lucky" one? keeps telling me "sorry, this event is no longer on our database"......super!

This has been fixed - Baja

• Subscriber

I'm beginning to think its all under control, the links on the tour page to ticketmaster AUS dont work anymore which suggests to me that either their page is being updated or a new page is where its all going to be at. i must say i'm a bit anxious because im taking my very short wife who doesnt want to have her view blocked in GA, so im needing to buy seats in a good area and no seating plans for Subi yet.

oh well , assuming i get tix i'll just be grateful to be there, and i'll be happy as .....

Archived