iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Im a CEDAR, so to confirm presale won't be onsale for CEDAR code holders until Mondy 30th?

Also is there any disadvantage to being CEDAR? less presale available?

For the 400th time (Newbies need to read the board not just post, especially for the first question, bad netiquette and all)

the answers to your questions

YES

Last to go into a sale means higher probability that the tickets in the section you want are sold out

Yes, because the members with more seniority might buy up the tickets you want

Im a CEDAR, so to confirm presale won't be onsale for CEDAR code holders until Mondy 30th?

Also is there any disadvantage to being CEDAR? less presale available?

1pm Monday. See you there tongue.gif

Not sure if there is a specific allocation for Cedar - I wouldn't expect so, seeing as we are the newbies who just joined for the presale (ie historical members should have rights to the presale before us).

Also - Bajagirl - I also hit the "back" button mid-post when I had the wrong username displaying problem, this may be where the issue comes from?

Nope, its a tech issues - Baja

The post options were all quite expensive (compared to previous tickets I've purchased in NZ), starting at $19 for venue pickup and standard post and going up to $23 for courier & $24 for rural delivery. 

There was no print out your own tickets option. I might be different in Australia, I don't know.
  • Subscriber

[quote name='Feedback wrote:

stubby']RED ZONE in auckland. yEAH  

cant get on to melbourne ticketmaster
:(

Hope I get them for Sydney!! I'll be able to give Leonie a posh wave in the GA! laugh.gif

yes and I will give you the special Leonie (finger) oops mean wave

Just got my U2 pre-sale email, only 45 minutes after the pre-sale started in NZ wink.gif. Does anyone think we'll get an explanation as to why the pre-sale was so different to other areas of the world? Personally my guess is that the promoters looked at how many people have memberships in NZ/AUS and decided that a full pre-sale wasn't warranted (i.e. there are probably only a few hundred paid up members in NZ, a few thousand in AUS, so why bother holding a staggered pre-sale).

It's also a pity that the Mods were never given the full story before pre-sales started, just added to the stress for those of us looking for a complete picture.

No clue, but its possible, and agree *sobs* - Baja

Just wondering if I enter my presale code then pull out before proceeding with the purchase, will I zap my chance for further shows if I want to keep my code for later/

Depends on how far along you were, as some computer systems did show the code as used. This depends on the ticketing system the venue uses -BAJA