iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Agree... Baja deserves huge thanks for her work this week but doesn't that beg the question as to why it's all left to one person to communicate?

It causes her stress, the users stress, and really is unacceptable for a site charging $50 per membership.

Look at the confusion amongs people who frequent this place... Imagine being someone who just paid their $50 to subscribe? How would they know?

Yeah I bought membership before the FAQ went up but not before Sunday and I must say if the Cedar presale doesn't come through for me I'll be pretty down on the subscription idea. I really wish that there was some staggering so that I wouldn't basically be in "general public 2" when I bought in good faith not knowing the terms and conditions. Seems like the FAQ and beginning of presale would have been logical stagger points with others running back in time for long term members (which is what I think they did for other countries). 

That being said, the way that today's sale seems to have gone I am pretty hopeful that Monday's will go well too.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

My transaction was smooth, albeit switching back and forth between u2.com and ticketek sites. Had a look at P2 tix for Sydney, but they were almost in the far corner, so had to start again and got P1 on side of stage (section 105). No probs with codes and still have one left.

Tix are expensive but that is the market, and still much better value than Coldplay GA at $200+.

Would have been much easier and less stressful if (1) email was sent earlier and had explicit instructions and (2) a seating plan was available. How hard can that be, either stadium or ticketek at fault. Imagine the chaos if no seating plan when general sale starts!

I got section 110-1 for 4 x P2 which I thought was a bit far along, but don't know where the P1 cuts off. When I looked t P1 twice, they were both in 105-1. The P3 ticket I bought for my brother is in Row 1 of 605-1 so looking straight on side, but high up ?
  • Subscriber

okay just rang TM and you can reuse the code to buy up to 4 tix, so if you only say bought 2 RZ then you go back and buy your remaining 2 to make up the 4

so he says! how confusing... though so in essence those that just get 4 all up per code should be okay

• Subscriber

okay just rang TM and you can reuse the code to buy up to 4 tix, so if you only say bought 2 RZ then you go back and buy your remaining 2 to make up the 4

so he says! how confusing... though so in essence those that just get 4 all up per code should be okay

Is that assuming for the same show or can you buy in a different city?

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

moscow_horizon']MELBOURNE RED ZONE AND SEATED ALL GONE FOR THIS PRE-SALE. GA ONLY AVAILABLE

How do you know that ?

Because if I go in now and try and book with my code, only GA comes up. This may mean they have exhausted the initial allocation and there are still tickets in the Red Zone for the Cedars, but who knows?

• Subscriber

That's the TM response for this hour... can't wait for next hour's exciting update :-)
  • Subscriber

[quote name='moscow_horizon wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

moscow_horizon']MELBOURNE RED ZONE AND SEATED ALL GONE FOR THIS PRE-SALE. GA ONLY AVAILABLE

How do you know that ?

Because if I go in now and try and book with my code, only GA comes up. This may mean they have exhausted the initial allocation and there are still tickets in the Red Zone for the Cedars, but who knows?

Yup, not all tickets went on sale today. Selected tickets for all ticket prices. More will be released for the Cedar Group and then again for the General Sale.