iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

• Subscriber

You're right about information being here in the forums, but sometimes that's like telling someone who asks a question that they can find the answer in the national library...laugh.gif

There's an awful lot of noise and horrible layouts to get through to find your info. 

Which I'm sure I've just added too...embarassed.gif

Or the number of people who asked do I have to be a paid member to get access to pre-sales codes or such like questions which were answered in the FAQS.

Bascially since Sunday, I have kept reading the FAQs and this thread and the pre-sales page and managed to get through it all, so.....

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I suppose its more confusing as TM and ticketec have had differing info as well, per transaction, per city etc etc

all we really need to know is -

can SAME code be used again to makup the 4 tix limit per transaction? (as some have bought only 2 tix say hence technically have 2 tix to use if SAME code is allowed to be reused OR code use ONCE only regardless of how many tix purchased 4 or less)

if so, does that apply to ANY show regardless of city as long as 4 tix only per transaction (e.g. 2 tix Melb / 2 tix Per OR 4 tix Perth only)

clear as mud? LOL one would think that once the code has been used in its entirety that it would show up as USED on our accounts, so maybe that would clarify it for all ? mine still showing up btw but I've only bought 2 tix per code and dont want to risk my RZ just in case!! until its confirmed either way... thanks BAJA :)

Good point because I bought 4 on 1 and 1 on the other so potentially have 3 left if they allow us to buy at another show, eg a second sydney show.

What would be really good is some form of code clarifier that you put the pre-sales code in and it tells you if you've used it already or got ticket availability left.

• Subscriber

I would hate to think that my tickets would be cancelled because I bought 2 tix in Syd and 1 in Brisbane...3 tickets all up.

I hope they are trying to target someone who buys 4 tix each in Sydney, Melb, Perth etc on the same code.

No, the rules are clear, 4 tickets for ONE show. So yes, there is a possibility the orders will be canceled- Baja

• Subscriber

well I just attempted buying 3 seats using my presale code (that Ive bought 2 rZ already) and it comes up with exceed limit of that code (or words to that effect) so when I changed it to 2 seats only it allowed it to go through okay :)

they were all for Perth show btw

i was just testing it, I did not proceed as I would rather be sure :))))))))))))) and most seats werent coming up as the top anyway so may wait it out for next release

• Subscriber

I would hate to think that my tickets would be cancelled because I bought 2 tix in Syd and 1 in Brisbane...3 tickets all up.

I hope they are trying to target someone who buys 4 tix each in Sydney, Melb, Perth etc on the same code.

Or it was just to scare off the scalpers.

I think there was such a rush to get the presale in place that systems weren't ready to cater for it and hence there were some anomalies.

If try using my first sales code now it says that is has expired or is incorect, but if I use my second it lets me through although in theory I used it to buy 1 ticket so shouldn't it not have expierd too ?

So now I don't know whether it means I can buy more or I used the first one twice in error or what ?

• Subscriber
well I just attempted buying 3 seats using my presale code (that Ive bought 2 rZ already) and it comes up with exceed limit of that code (or words to that effect) so when I changed it to 2 seats only it allowed it to go through okay :)

i was just testing it, I did not proceed as I would rather be sure :))))))))))))) and most seats werent coming up as the top anyway so may wait it out for next release

When I attempted to buy 1 more ticket for Sydney/Brisbane it wouldnt let me but when i tried for Melbourne it did allow me (i didnt go through with it).....so based on this it would seem that your TM guy was right and you can buy up to your 4 ticket allocation
  • Subscriber

When I attempted to buy 1 more ticket for Sydney/Brisbane it wouldnt let me but when i tried for Melbourne it did allow me (i didnt go through with it).....so based on this it would seem that your TM guy was right and you can buy up to your 4 ticket allocation