iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

the rules for buying in Oz on presales have always been the same - it was the same for the Vertigo tour - nothing changed -

U2360° TOUR 2010 NEW ZEALAND / AUSTRALIA PRE-SALE FAQs

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy in the NZ/Aus U2360 Tour Presale?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus

yes, but does an ONE show translate as only for one VENUE?? do i have to get all four at only sydney for example?
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
The rules are clear. as clear as:

Looks like Batman after a night out on the piss!

But really, was it that confusing?

1 code for 1 transaction of up to 4 tickets (of the same type) on a single CC. It was all in the FAQ.

Pretty self explanitory.

Anyways, hope your confusion subsides, and you just start enjoying the idea we're going to see U2!

• Subscriber
The rules are clear. as clear as:

Looks like Batman after a night out on the piss!

But really, was it that confusing?

1 code for 1 transaction of up to 4 tickets (of the same type) on a single CC. It was all in the FAQ.

Pretty self explanitory.

Anyways, hope your confusion subsides, and you just start enjoying the idea we're going to see U2!

I understand that we can only buy 4 tickets for any one show per the rules. Does it matter that I bought tickets in diff categories i.e 2 redzone and 2 seated. The only reason I did this was because the system didn't allow me to buy 4 redzone tickets so I went for the next best thing. I would be very upset if any of my tickets got cancelled, especially as it was a system problem (as confirmed by several earlier posts). Can anyone provide clarification?

To the admin and moderators: Thanks for being patient and dealing with the million and 1 queries. - Good job

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

Leonie']the rules for buying in Oz on presales have always been the same - it was the same for the Vertigo tour - nothing changed -

U2360° TOUR 2010 NEW ZEALAND / AUSTRALIA PRE-SALE FAQs

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy in the NZ/Aus U2360 Tour Presale?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus

yes, but does an ONE show translate as only for one VENUE?? do i have to get all four at only sydney for example?

yes that is right - you can only buy up to 4 tix for for Sydney, up to 4 tix for Melbourne and so on with the one presale code

you cannot buy 1 for Melbourne, 1 for Sydney, 1 for Perth using the same presale code - that is what Baja was saying that if you have done that then the likilehood of them being cancelled is very high

• Subscriber

Look I'd been through the US presales OK. But the FAQs were so full of noise, thrown together with question after question here getting answered in different ways. red Zone is an auction. Oh, no it's not. Presales will be staggered by group - oh, hang on, no they won't. 

I got the tickets I wanted. But I read these boards. 

Plenty are members who choose not to read the forums or wrestle with a site that is up and down faster than a $2 hooker's undies. 

They were waiting for emails that came 36 mins after the presale. 

This was not done well at all. 

U2.com, livenation, ticketmaster and ticketek will all point the finger at each other, but the site itself made it so awkward that can you see why 50 pages plus on there are people who are still confused, and worried that their tickets are going to be cancelled because there were multiple presale codes, 5 groups of membership, seemingly different rules for each ticket seller?

Cancelling tickets is a cop out, if they had set the system up in the first place so the codes ALLOWED you to only buy your entitlement, then there would be no discussion. Instead the system was setup between TM, Ticketek, Livenation and U2.com so poorly that once in the heat of a presale no one had a fucking clue what was going on, which code they had used for what, why they only got 2 red zones instead of 4...

Clear huh?
  • Subscriber
Look I'd been through the US presales OK. But the FAQs were so full of noise, thrown together with question after question here getting answered in different ways. red Zone is an auction. Oh, no it's not. Presales will be staggered by group - oh, hang on, no they won't. 

Plenty are members who choose not to read the forums or wrestle with a site that is up and down faster than a $2 hooker's undies. 

U2.com, livenation, ticketmaster and ticketek will all point the finger at each other, but the site itself made it so awkward that can you see why 50 pages plus on there are people who are still confused, and worried that their tickets are going to be cancelled because there were multiple presale codes, 5 groups of membership, seemingly different rules for each ticket seller?

Cancelling tickets is a cop out, if they had set the system up in the first place so the codes ALLOWED you to only buy your entitlement, then there would be no discussion. Instead the system was setup between TM, Ticketek, Livenation and U2.com so poorly that once in the heat of a presale no one had a fucking clue what was going on, which code they had used for what, why they only got 2 red zones instead of 4...

Clear huh?
I would imagine that if you spent the $50 to join this place for the presale, that doing 10 mins research ie reading the FAQ/checking the boards, would be a good idea before getting to the ticket on-sale time without questions remaining unanswered

Maybe that's just me.....

• Subscriber

Clear huh?
I would imagine that if you spent the $50 to join this place for the presale, that doing 10 mins research ie reading the FAQ/checking the boards, would be a good idea before getting to the ticket on-sale time without questions remaining unanswered

Maybe that's just me.....