Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Well I just had a very interesting conversation with TICKETEK...the girl I spoke to assured me 100% that the fan club members were entitled to 4 tickets per city per member ie: 4 for sydney, 4 for Melb, etc. she checked with her supervisor who confirmed also

Per the purchase website:

U2 FAN CLUB

Pre-sale starts : Thu 26 Aug, 11am

Pre-sale ends* : Mon 30 Aug, noon

General public on sale : Fri 3 Sep, 9am

A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the General Public, not a preferential seating service.

A selection of seating throughout the venue is made available for pre-sales.

*Or until pre-sale allocation is sold out.

On sale times are quoted in local time.

TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member.

This was posted on the purchase page!!!

Pretty clear to me that I was entitled to buy 2 for Sydney and 1 for Brisbane

And people wondering why this is confusing!!!

Well I just had a very interesting conversation with TICKETEK...the girl I spoke to assured me 100% that the fan club members were entitled to 4 tickets per city per member ie: 4 for sydney, 4 for Melb, etc. she checked with her supervisor who confirmed also

U2 FAN CLUB

A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the General Public, not a preferential seating service.

See? Clear. 

good pickup Bestia. 

im in the uk im just wondering if the lads will give me a lift in their nice 360 jet to australia cos im not far from them atm and i need a lift to aus..... possibilty do u think?????????????? hahahahaha

oh and thanks for all the posts on here been a great help!!!!!!!!!

got my tix woop woop now bring on dec

[quote name='bsd1 wrote:

dfunk257']Well I have to say that this is very dissapointing. Why on earth would U2 wanna make their fans only buy tickets to 1 show? Sounds ridiculous to me.I have a major problem here cause I live in Sydney, But I am unable to go to the show on the 13th, so I'm hoping they announce more shows and then I will be able to use my code, or will I? I've paid and joined up U2.com to get access to the pre sale, but due to my situation what am I supposed to do now? I can't believe this.

If I understand correctly you've already bought 3 tickets for shows in other cities and you want to use the code again for a 4th ticket in a second show (if there is one) in Sydney? You can't, and it has never been said that this would be possible. In the USA this would be possible but in Europe it isn't (the two cases that would have appeared in the FAQ before the NZ/AUS rules appeared). 

If you've assumed you would without reading the FAQ (which has been updated for a few days now) and/or reading the forum (which admittedly is way to long to be useful unless you spend some time going through it) then that's unfortunate, but the rules were there. 

I haven't bought any tickets yet because I can't go to the Sydney show on the 13th that's why I don't know what to do, whether I should buy tickets fof Melbourne or wait and see if any more shows are announced. I read everything before I signed up but the rule on tickets wasbnever clear enough for me, I assumed u could buy 4 tickets maximum for each subscription, and that there would not bd a rule saying you can only buy 4 tickets fof just 1 show. Im sorry but alot of people have been confused about this not just me, they way it has been written is not clear. Anyway, I need to know 1 more very important thing. IF MORE SHOWS ARE ANNOUNCED, WILL THERE BE ANOTHER U2.COM PRE SALE?

U2 FAN CLUB

That's what we thought - and the email from U2.com contradicted that and implied that it was per code - not per member. 

I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy over tickets! haha 

Oh well. Fingers crossed. Hopefully we will know before next Friday. 

But awesome to hear the happy stories - especially the people who could manage the [RED] zone. You guys are gonna have a wicked night! :) 

Oh and what use is the email when it arrives 33mins after the presale starts.

I ve been a member ages and had 2 codes. 4 of us wanted Red zone, 4 wanted seating. 8 in total and 4 per code. ticketmaster wouldnt allow this as different seating types cant be mixed on a transaction, and they only allowed 2 red per transaction. that meant i could either only buy 4 red zone, or 2 red and 4 seats, or 8 seats. what do you do? all of this became apparent an hour before the release, there was a note on the presale board that it was trying to get sorted.

pretty disheartened to think now that the conflict between rules and poor management might take tickets off me.

heres hoping

Well, in the defence of web geeks everywhere large batch emails like that can take hours to process, especially on a database as large as the U2.com one. 

We used to have a database of 100,000 people and when we did a targeted mail out it could take around 2 hours. So many people could have received their email a few hours or even the night before. 

Batch email and SMS are tricky things - and often have to be 'approved' by ISP spam filters and the like. 

ok just to clarify something i didnt see anything in the FAQs i have 2 codes i bought 3 tix for melb for me but unfort i couldnt buy another 4 due to lack of $$$$ but my brother used the other code is there a chace of my tix being cancelled all together all tix for the melb show? can someone answer for me?